aberdeen-music

Death is rubbish....

HeinzHines

I was thinking about dying the other day (not in a suicidal way....but more like....hmm what does happen?!....)

And i came to the conclusion that it scares the shit out of me.....fear of the unknown....horrible......

What do you all think happens when you die?

I'd like to think i knew i was dead and could carry on somehow....but who knows.....its fucking rubbish anyway....

Its freaky to think about. And even though it seems far away, its inevitable!

I reckon there is simply nothing after death. You cease to be. Which, i reckon, is even weirder than the notion of Heaven/hell/reincarnation/ghosties.

i reckon it will be like going back to before you were born. You just wont exist, wont have any kind of thought, self awareness etc.

Guest Zeenat Aman

Thinking about death and what might happen afterwards is healthy as it can give you a sense of perspective etc, but dont let this fear of the unknown stop you from living and enjoying life!

In the meantime, just be a good boy, play your music and eat yer greens.

:)

Guest Zeenat Aman
or dont -> die sooner -> no more fear of unknown

Bit of a silly reason to kill yourself for.

I have the answer by the way, but you wont believe me if I tell you.

:D

Guest valley69
Its freaky to think about. And even though it seems far away' date=' its inevitable!

I reckon there is simply nothing after death. You cease to be. Which, i reckon, is even weirder than the notion of Heaven/hell/reincarnation/ghosties.

i reckon it will be like going back to before you were born. You just wont exist, wont have any kind of thought, self awareness etc.[/quote']

i dunno like...its hard to beleive that this is all there is. You should watch that film waking life if you havent already seen it. I dont think there is nothing..i mean this could even be the afterlife and birth may have been us entering it...and all that pish...

the way i see it is if there is something after death then that'll be great. but if not and its just rotting away not existing then what do i care? I'll be dead so i don't have to worry bout it

Yeah' date=' fo' shiz, but if there's a possibilty that there [i']is something after death then shouldn't you make an effort in your 'life' (ie. life on Earth, or whatever we're in right now.. y'know) to get the best afterlife you can? I mean, imagine if the whole God and Heaven vs. Satan and Hell thing is real. You should be good in your life so you get into Heaven. And if it turns out that it doesn't exist, then it'll be a waste of time (apart from that people will have liked you and all that) but will probably have been a better decision than chancing it and ending up doing fiery manual labour for the rest of eternity.

We talked about some guy who said that in philosophy. I'm too lazy to think about the afterlife (or lack of), anyway.

We might not like to think it but we are just living organisms just like everything else. We live - we die. End of story. There is no point in fearing or worrying about death as it is the one inevitability that you simply can't avoid.

Guest valley69
Its true you have to accept it as an inevitablity......im not worried about it too much....but i was just thinking about it and it kind of freaked me out thinking that my life maybe completly irrelevent......

do something about it...change society...buy a dog..i dunno

Eternal afterlife?

Well, I know a lot of people think that death being the end is scary but I think an eternal afterlife is a pretty scary concept too. Just on and on and on... I've thought about it before, always ends up with a strange sensation in my head. So I just enjoy what I do know which is that I am here now.

Quite liked the DVD idea hahaha, I'd love to observe moments from my own life... not in a regretful way but I think it would be interesting.

Its true you have to accept it as an inevitablity......im not worried about it too much....but i was just thinking about it and it kind of freaked me out thinking that my life maybe completly irrelevent......

Completely irrelevant to what?

"To think of death, as everybody does sooner or later, causes anxiety. The only sure way to end anxiety once and for all is death."