aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Is that Jello record any good? I have one he did with the melvins. It's okay, at best.

To be honest, I bought it on vinyl years back and at the time for me it was OK but I didnt like it as much as the one he did with DOA, Last Scream of the Missing Neighbours. After spotting it mega-cheap on CD I gave it another blast and its not bad at all. The DOA one is still better though, largely due to the 15 minute song Full Metal Jackoff, its braw. Ive toyed with the idea of getting the Melvins collabs but havent found them cheap enough yet as Im not convinced what they would be like. Biafra feels a bit outdated nowadays, a bit of a Lydon character spouting the same old stuff. The DOA/Nomeansno ones were still close enough to the Dead Kennedys era to be satisfying. I like the Lard stuff too.

I had a quick skim in 1up downstairs yesterday. Seemed to be loads of good stuff, but I am painfully poor.

I haven't heard Weight. I haven't heard much outside of the first two records, but they are both awesome.

I've only got End of Silence, was having a blast in the car the other week and enjoying it so thought I'd try something else. Weight has Liar on it which is pretty cool. I think I've got the CD single of that somewhere so i'll be hacked off if that's the only good song. Then again it was only 4 quid...

Whatever joke you're making is going a bit of my head at the moment I'm afraid.

Anyway since I have never seen Glee, or the current series of X-Factor (ok, I actually watched the first episode) and I was always more Busted than McFly that site doesn't hold much interest for me. However if I later look back on this day as the point I fell in love with the music of Adele, I'll forever be in your debt.

Interesting to look back on the albums I had recently bought in March 2005. Tank is a weak album by ADF's standards, I've lost almost all interest in Rilo Kiley and I've yet to understand why Slint are so revered but all those other albums are classics I'd hold in high regard.

Since Paranoid Android was quoted with his first contribution to this thread, I thought that I would look for mine.

Still really like this album, but I don't listen to it a whole lot.

I like it, but it's difficult to listen to. I need to be in quite a distressed yet glazed over sort of mood. Like I would kill everyone in the world, but I can't be bothered.