aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

From what I've heard "Age of Adz" is either one of the best albums of the year or one of the worst albums of all time. I haven't listened to it myself yet though. Where do you stand?

It could be both, depending on your oppinion of 2010 albums as a whole, best of a bad bunch and all that.

Its not either though. Good album, but doesnt come across as great quite yet.

Field Music - Tones of Town

Sufjan Stevens - Age od Adz

Elton John & Leon Russell - The Union

It could very well be a grower, but I don't know that it would grow enough to make my top five from this year.

Got a hold of Codeine's 'Frigid Stars' after reading about it in the Musical Rediscovery thread and although it is bloody depressing it's a great album. What else should I get a hold of by them?

The White Birch is a bit of a classic. I think it's the album where they really nailed the 'Codeine sound' and has some amazing songs like 'Tom' or 'Sea'. Barely Real is good too - it's more varied but perhaps they try to do too many things on it. I reckon they're best just being really slow and bleak sounding.