aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

This is the CD in a box with printed autographs?

Nah I'm not sure what to make of it to be honest. It is a different CD to the original one I have.

I was actually going to PM you for your thoughts on this before I bought it since I know you're a big SP fan!

The design of the CD looks different but is still an official Virgin CD its not a CD-R or anything like that, the booklet is slightly different too.

I've read contrasting things about the signatures on the CD but on SP freaks it says that it is just a myth!? I've also read that there are heaps of bootlegs going about.

One thing for sure is the box looks really fucking cool!

Nah I'm not sure what to make of it to be honest. It is a different CD to the original one I have.

I was actually going to PM you for your thoughts on this before I bought it since I know you're a big SP fan!

The design of the CD looks different but is still an official Virgin CD its not a CD-R or anything like that, the booklet is slightly different too.

I've read contrasting things about the signatures on the CD but on SP freaks it says that it is just a myth!? I've also read that there are heaps of bootlegs going about.

One thing for sure is the box looks really fucking cool!

It looks very cool anyway! I'd imagine the CD is exactly the same as the standard, but the artwork is probably like the first pressing with all the lyrics written over paintings? No idea how many were made, but I'd think the autographs (if there are ones) are prints rather than genuine.

It looks very cool anyway! I'd imagine the CD is exactly the same as the standard, but the artwork is probably like the first pressing with all the lyrics written over paintings? No idea how many were made, but I'd think the autographs (if there are ones) are prints rather than genuine.

Yeh I read that about the autographs too.

The CD has siamese twins(not the same twins from the booklet) sitting on a big lizard/dragon like creature. The booklet only has 8 pages (double sided). The cover and back page are the same all the credits are the same. All the artwork from the normal version is on a smaller scale and fits onto two pages. Both booklet and CD have the same serial number which is in that funky 'siamese dream' style font. If that makes any sense at all? ;)

I'm not sure if this is the US release? Pretty certain its not the UK one.

The person I got it off of seemed to be a genuine music collector so I'm not really sure what to make of it all.

:)

Yeh I read that about the autographs too.

The CD has siamese twins(not the same twins from the booklet) sitting on a big lizard/dragon like creature. The booklet only has 8 pages (double sided). The cover and back page are the same all the credits are the same. All the artwork from the normal version is on a smaller scale and fits onto two pages. Both booklet and CD have the same serial number which is in that funky 'siamese dream' style font. If that makes any sense at all? ;)

I'm not sure if this is the US release? Pretty certain its not the UK one.

The person I got it off of seemed to be a genuine music collector so I'm not really sure what to make of it all.

:)

From spfc: spfc.org : discography : Siamese Dream

The Siamese Dream Collector's Edition is a wooden box with brass hinges that contains an autographed CD copy of the album and the 1st pressing booklet. The autographs are merely stamped reproductions. There are also reports of the box commonly being sold without the CD or booklets.

Next step is to get the South American vinyl with top quality track "Greek USA" featured!

a 6 cd box set of wedding present peel session, only 16-99 on either play or amazon (cant remember which) a must for any weddos fan

been buying some old albums recently

the buggles - the age of plastic

m - the best of

abc - beauty stab

abc - how to be a zillionaire

soft cell - the bedsit tapes

billy mackenzie - outernational

a 6 cd box set of wedding present peel session, only 16-99 on either play or amazon (cant remember which) a must for any weddos fan

been buying some old albums recently

the buggles - the age of plastic

m - the best of

abc - beauty stab

abc - how to be a zillionaire

soft cell - the bedsit tapes

billy mackenzie - outernational

Any solo Billy McKenzie actually worth listening to? And how about The Beauty Stab?

Any solo Billy McKenzie actually worth listening to? And how about The Beauty Stab?

i'd never heard either album before and meant to buy both when they came out! the billy mackenzie one is very dance influenced and whilst it doesnt sound too dated it does sound very much of its time. beauty stab is an absolute stormer of an album and showcases another side to abc, but as a follow up to the lexicon of love, it was complete commercial suicide at the time but hasn't aged badly at all (unlike 1985's how to be a zillionaire but that remains a charming album and an interesting period for the band), but there's some cracking songs on it.

i forgot to say i also got the new G n R album, its adequate at best.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Atavistic - "Troubled Times Radio Show Interview" tape.

"Colin Jerwood/Steve Ignorant interview 13/4/87" tape.

Concrete Sox - "Troubled Times Radio Show Interview" tape.

"Rare '80's Finnish HC ep's" tape.

Slits - "Peel Sessions and Rarities" tape.

:up: