aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

I didn't get anything yet. They are sat in my shopping basket, but I'll probably have to delete some or I'll starve to death. I can only just afford to eat right now. Pay day next week! But my Mp3 player has bitten the dust so I'm spending my monthly splurging budget on an iPod! 120jiggawatts. I could practically live in it!

Hahaha, aye. The chaps in the Punktastic vinyl thread (where all the cool kids hang :up: *guffaw*) live on his site.

For those interested, he'll be getting the repress of Get Up Kids "Something To Write Home About" in. Might already have some of the earlier stuff in stock just now (Guilt Show and FMM).

All In Vinyl - punk rock records straight to your door!! - Home

The new Bon Iver really that bad?

I'm still not entirely sold on the album.

Fraid so :down:

But i mean, you know, take a listen for yourself and stuff. A lot of people are literally crying about how good it is on last.fm, but i get the impression if he shat in a bucket through his guitar people would praise it. I think the album is neato, but incredible amount of hype = incredible amount of expectation for following releases.

For those interested, he'll be getting the repress of Get Up Kids "Something To Write Home About" in. Might already have some of the earlier stuff in stock just now (Guilt Show and FMM)

YES! I really need to get my hands on this. So many great re issues this year.

'**OUT OF STOCK - Back Soon Hopefully!*'

though :( !

I'm maybe see if Andy is getting it on.

The new Fucked Up album. I don't understand the hype. "Son the Father" and "Twice Born" seem to be the only standout tracks.

"Conqueror" - The Gates of Slumber.

"The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of Niggy Tardust" - Saul Williams.

"Punctuated Equilibrium" - Wino.

"From The Bottom" - Off With Their Heads.

"March to Fuzz" - Mudhoney

Fraid so :down:

But i mean, you know, take a listen for yourself and stuff. A lot of people are literally crying about how good it is on last.fm, but i get the impression if he shat in a bucket through his guitar people would praise it. I think the album is neato, but incredible amount of hype = incredible amount of expectation for following releases.

I disagree that the new Bon Iver is bad as such, it's just more of the same. I'm enjoying it for what it is, a release of material that I haven't heard before. However, I am looking forward to his next album proper and seeing what direction he takes.