aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Christmas is ace. People giving me money and buying me stuff. Rad times.

Faraquet - Anthology LP

Fugazi - Repeater LP

Tiny Hawks - Fingers Become Bridges CD

Hail Bretheren - s/t LP

Slint - Spiderland LP

Dillinger Four - Civilwar LP

What Price Wonderland - Claim 7"

Chinese Telephones/Dear Landlord split 7"

Amistad/Orphan Choir split 7"

Rainer Maria - Look now, Look again LP

Mesa Verde - The Old Road LP

The State Lottery - Cities We're Not From LP

Nakatomi Plaza - Unsettled LP

Marshall Teller / Halftime Parade split 7"

And a couple of others... Boom!

Its a damn fine album, a copy of which was given to my father at Christmas.

I've been intrigued by that Dennis Wilson album; what is it similar to?

It is indeed.

*goes all shameless*

and I have a copy (still in it's plastic) along with a brand new (new played) copy of the elbow album - seldom seen kid - that I want rid of... will sell the two of them for a fiver.

It is indeed.

*goes all shameless*

and I have a copy (still in it's plastic) along with a brand new (new played) copy of the elbow album - seldom seen kid - that I want rid of... will sell the two of them for a fiver.

I'll take the Fleet Foxes CD Shaz but I already have the Elbow one.

Life would be infinitely more simple if you could post it - do you have a Paypal account? If so PM me the details along with cost including postage and I shall do the necessaries.:up:

I'll take the Fleet Foxes CD Shaz but I already have the Elbow one.

Life would be infinitely more simple if you could post it - do you have a Paypal account? If so PM me the details along with cost including postage and I shall do the necessaries.:up:

I sadly dinnae!

I can easy do the postie bit though. Do you have cheque book? We can do a postie on postie arrangement - cash is also fine. I'll easy just give it to you for 2.50 (call it 3 with the postieness?).

I live in town so the alternative is to swap in person. If it helps, I work in Altens.

Bought The Twilight Sad - 'Killed My Parents and Hit the Road' at lunchtime, not listened to it yet - is it nae about time they got some new material out rather than flogging the same songs in a variety of acoustic and live formats though?

Jan, I don't really find the Dennis Wilson album sounds like anything else particularly to give guidance....certainly not anything I'm familiar with.

I can always just give you a copy. It was probably on that I Pod you got off me which I assume is the one you lost....

Guest idol_wild
Bought The Twilight Sad - 'Killed My Parents and Hit the Road' at lunchtime, not listened to it yet - is it nae about time they got some new material out rather than flogging the same songs in a variety of acoustic and live formats though?

Yes, yes it is.

I think their career is sadly going to be a little shortlived. They can't regurgitate the same material over and over - and any new songs on the subsequent releases since the album have been similar in dynamic and lacking in the sufficient quality.

Tour less, write and create more, I say!

Fully agree about Twilight Sad 'stagnation'. I really loved them at the time of the first ep and album release, but over the last year or so i've become less and less interested. Haven't made an effort to go to their shows and can't remember the last time I listened to their material.

Perhaps they might do a Frightened Rabbit and produce a belter of a second album though?

Jan, I don't really find the Dennis Wilson album sounds like anything else particularly to give guidance....certainly not anything I'm familiar with.

I can always just give you a copy. It was probably on that I Pod you got off me which I assume is the one you lost....

Aye, a copy would be appreciated... I'll never see that ipod again due to some thieving bastard.

Guest idol_wild

Los Camp really took me by surprise. I didn't like their earlier material but this album is got some killer tunes.

I really like both albums massively actually. They both sort of took me by surprise too. There is some genius song-writing involved in both. I just wish I never took so long to properly listen.

But fuck, 2008 was actually an immense year for music - it was hard to keep up and maintain an interest in sourcing older stuff.