aberdeen-music

THIS WEEKEND - Bleeding Through & Cult Of Luna

Ross

Sorry if this seems nosey but if your making such large losses holding gigs what is the point in doing it? Will the company not eventually go bust by doing this? I think its great what you've done at Moshulu' date=' i notice Pink Grease are touring again :up: Although saying that its probably not worth getting them back after the turn out last time!![/quote']

We had hoped that building a decent reputation would allow us to start to get bigger bands, that we could eventually make us some money. This has actually worked, and we recently have made 3 large bookings ......... only to have them poached and put on at the Lemon Tree by another promoter.

Which was nice

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this seems nosey but if your making such large losses holding gigs what is the point in doing it?

Look at it this way - what Moshulu is attempting to do is put on gigs to increase exposure to the place, which gets more people through the door for the club nights and into the bar downstairs. I bet there's been a fair few people who loved (insert band here) and went to Moshulu for the first time to see them, then discovered that they ran clubnights and started going because of it - meaning what the business loses in one area, but gains in another.

I'd be willing to bet that putting on the Sugarcult gig was worth every penny in terms of exposure - as Ross said, they went on to support Green Day, so to be able to say that they had them there two weeks before is a massive boost in an industry where reputation is everything.

I'd be willing to bet that putting on the Sugarcult gig was worth every penny in terms of exposure - as Ross said' date=' they went on to support Green Day, so to be able to say that they had them there two weeks before is a massive boost in an industry where reputation is everything.[/quote']

NAIL ON HEAD........... Also Mr Cloud knows the costs of putting on a gig in this venue; as does Stephen.

Do I lose scene points now. Aww' date=' shame. All I did was state that I didn't care for them.[/quote']

Who gives a toss!

Personally I think ICP are mince but i`ll give you points for attending the BT / COL gig and you seemed to be having fun....

These gigs are all about fun........(was about to post something but have decided to start a new thread)

It's about attitude.

Exactamundo.

I said it was easier if you have something different to offer, but that's still not all that easy at all! The bottom line is, as always, if you want to get out there and make something of your band, you have to make some sacrifices. And usually that at least means a lot of time and effort, and often some hard-earned money too. If you aren't willing to, then your band will likely never get far from the city limits and playing the same old crowd.

can I just say, I wasn't saying"Filthpact should have got that support slot."

to be honest, I think we would have been a silly choice for COL and BT support.

but like, if Napalm Death played Moshulu, and the support was MMW and Allergo.........hypothetical of course.....but you know what I'm saying.

Right, I'm gonna shut up and update the Filthpact site.

I'm not trying to be a dick at all here' date=' but out of interest which other bands in Aberdeen would you say are [i']ready to play on a bill such as that?

Like you say, it would be great if another band came out of the woodwork for these type of gigs - but until they do Moshulu won't have anyone else to really choose from.

Guess this reply is quite late, but my point was really that it's about time people pulled the finger out and started trying to form bands, because I'm sure there's many a person in Aberdeen who would like to start up a band, but for whatever reason doesn't.

Hhhmmm, I should have really thought that one through before posting it.

Guess this reply is quite late' date=' but my point was really that it's about time people pulled the finger out and started trying to form bands, because I'm sure there's many a person in Aberdeen who would like to start up a band, but for whatever reason doesn't.

Hhhmmm, I should have really thought that one through before posting it.[/quote']

because decent drummers are hard as fuck to find? as we found out in process of forming our band? mind you, they could take our bassists approach and start learning drums as and when the band is formed!

hey

what can i say.... sooooo sorry for hardcore dancing at a hardcore gig and hardcore band(s)

im sure bleeding through prefer to see some "dancing-like-they-are-swimming" pits than fifty ton fat metallica fans trying to kill people.....

FAAGGOOOOTS

sooooo sorry you look like and idiot when you "dance"

and that massive guy in the metallica shirt does cover all metal fans, hes just a truoble maker (i've seen him dragged out of moshulu a few times)

how does it look stupid....

i think it lloks stupid and primitive seeing people try to push each other to the floor and bash each others heads in and always end up fighting...

hardcore pits are friendly...

big metallica guy isnt....

if he wants to do that shit why doesnt he go see slayer or slipknot or the fucking berzerker

you see them with their hands on their knees swinging their heads about in full circles to songs like aint love grand by atreyu... why?? its not cradle of filth your listening to...

just to cover my tracks i do infact love cradle of filth and slayer and slipknot and the berzerker in a big way... but you get the point

jesus christ this is fucking gay.

metalheads are pretentious macho big morons who like to push people about and if anyone stops them, they annhiliate them, cos thats what the voices told them to do.

hardcore kids(at least nowadays) are emo kids being angry with pink armbands swinging their fists like nobodies business, and if someone stops them, they bitch and moan on a forum or their livejournal.

there was a collide of styles at a fucking gig.

get over it.

metalheads fuck off, mosh all you want, but don't moan when you run around senselessly and happen to catch a fist from someone dancing. If the first was from someone in the pit, would you have been complaining half as much? no, so, shut it *smack in the gob*

hardcore kids, stop being so pretentious. so what if its a hardcore show. hardcore dancing is meant to be done away from people so you dont hurt nobody. sure there will be other dancers around, but you dont stand in amongst people and just start throwing roundhouses like crazy, do you? so don't do it near a moshpit either. metaheads or morons, they're still people.

do what you want at gigs. if you're concerned about what you look like, you're a fag. if you're concerned about what other people look like while they don't pose any danger to you, you're a fag.

now shut the fuck up.

not at all.... well not really... just saying some times it doesnt fit the music the same as a nice windmill would...its not like i have a problem with any head banging or whatever.... but its rather annoying when i might just be tryin to dance with some of my friends to some of my favourite bands and some fucking bruiser runs up from behind and pushes you to the floor.... then you get up and look at him and hell be like staring at you as if he wants to kill you... i just wanna have fun you know.... if your idea of fun is pushing smaller people to the floor because they like to dance... go to see something like slayer or slipknot or sumthing where you are gonna find the majority of people are all doing that........ or go join a wrestling club..... ..