aberdeen-music

Anyone fancy booking Fantmas in Aberdeen?

HummerOfIntenseEvil

We need to let you know' date=' once again, that if your city is not listed, it does

not mean the bands did not want to go to your city, and it does not mean that we

hate your city. It simply means that there was not a club in your city that made

a good offer for the tour. The bands don't choose the clubs, the clubs decide to

make offers or not. Bitch at your local clubs, not at us or the bands. We love

you Ft. Wayne!!!!!

Fantmas are looking into a European tour to start in June and exploring options

for Australia and South America too! Stay tuned! Look for other Ipecac bands in

your area as well. Isis! Dlek! Guapo! and more!!!!![/quote']

I read that as "We will play anywhere that wants us".

Obviously the chances of Fantmas coming to Aberdeen are remote, since the last time they only played in London. But it'd surely be worth a try for any of the promoters?

Bare in mind that they could be asking some astromonical fee that no one could afford....

what you don't ask, you don't get...

i can imagine a large number of people in aberdeen going to see a combination of fantomas/isis, considering both are on ipecac... now if they could only convince the young gods to join them (also ipecac), then i'd follow them wherever they went....

Dunno about anyone else' date=' but I would easily pay 100 a ticket just to see Patton live. I would love to see how Fantmas recreate some of the stuff off Delirium Cordia. And Isis would be a sublime support act.

Now, if only Tomahawk would also tour with them...[/quote']

I don't kbow about 100, but when i paid 16 euros to see Tomahawk/Melvins/Kaada, it was pretty awesome

wow' date=' this would be very cool. it will prob cost a fair amount of money to get them though :s[/quote']

The London Astoria tickets were about 24 for Fantmas in August... I daresay enough people around Scotland would pay 30+ to see them with Isis and Dalek.

Have any promoters taken heed of this thread incidently, or will they need to have it PMd to them? :p

The London Astoria tickets were about 24 for Fantmas in August... I daresay enough people around Scotland would pay 30+ to see them with Isis and Dalek.

Have any promoters taken heed of this thread incidently' date=' or will they need to have it PMd to them? :p[/quote']

But how many casual punters would pay 30 to see bands they might not have heard?

But how many casual punters would pay 30 to see bands they might not have heard?

Well there's a fair amount of people on this board who would go to see those bands. I daresay people outside Aberdeen like them too. We're always expected to trek over to Glasgow to see big American bands, I don't see why Glaswegians and Edinburghers can't make the trip up to here for once in their scummy lives!

Aberdeen will never be a major music city if people don't at least TRY to get big names. I know Moshulu are having a fair go trying to get bigger names and Fantomas seem like a perfect band for them (although perhaps not a big enough venue?)

Guest Nikola Tesla

Moshulu would be a perfect venue for this kind of gig. The only problem is the question of wethear Ross could afford them and make enough money back from the actual gig, plus to add to that whether or not enough people would be interested in these bands. I suppose we can all hope though.

Have any promoters taken heed of this thread incidently' date=' or will they need to have it PMd to them? :p[/quote']

WHAT

are you talking about?

it was 29th May, and it was 15 quid a ticket.