aberdeen-music

Support the armed forced!

Alex

Guest tv tanned

What part of military training teaches people to smile for the camera in the midst of abusing prisoners?

And what IQ level do you need to join the army?

"Hey, let's take pictures of us committing these crimes and abuses, so we can send 'em to the folks back home"

"Good one, hell yeah! USA USA USA!"

high-fives all round

:moody:

If you take troops who aren't properly trained for guard duty, put them in a situation where the lives of them and their comrades are at risk 24/7 from an enemy that seems to come from nowhere, and then put them in charge of "enemy" prisoners with orders to break them down, of course things like this are going to happen. It's the darker side of human nature, and the darker side of military obedience.

"But we were only following orders"

If you take troops who aren't properly trained for guard duty' date=' put them in a situation where the lives of them and their comrades are at risk 24/7 from an enemy that seems to come from nowhere, and then put them in charge of "enemy" prisoners with orders to break them down, [b']of course things like this are going to happen. It's the darker side of human nature, and the darker side of military obedience.

I dont accept that at all.....enemy or not these people are human beings and deserve to be treated as such!

If you take troops who aren't properly trained for guard duty' date=' put them in a situation where the lives of them and their comrades are at risk 24/7 from an enemy that seems to come from nowhere, and then put them in charge of "enemy" prisoners with orders to break them down, [b']of course things like this are going to happen. It's the darker side of human nature, and the darker side of military obedience.

My sentiments exactly.

"I dont accept that at all.....enemy or not these people are human beings and deserve to be treated as such!"

Walk through any area that has people in "alien" situations, like being intoxicated or stuck in a war-zone, and you will notice they treat each other like shit. Take people out of their "normal" environment and they feel threatened. That is human nature, sadly.....

My sentiments exactly.

"I dont accept that at all.....enemy or not these people are human beings and deserve to be treated as such!"

Walk through any area that has people in "alien" situations' date=' like being intoxicated or stuck in a war-zone, and you will notice they treat each other like shit. Take people out of their "normal" environment and they feel threatened. That is human nature, sadly.....[/quote']

But you cant just say....."That is human nature, sadly" if you condone it your as bad as they are. Were you ever bullied as a child? Would you be happy if you're kids were? I doubt it!!

These people were taking advantage of a situation where their 'enemy' couldnt fight back...thats un-acceptable under any circumstances.

But you cant just say....."That is human nature' date=' sadly" if you condone it your as bad as they are. Were you ever bullied as a child? Would you be happy if you're kids were? I doubt it!!

These people were taking advantage of a situation where their 'enemy' couldnt fight back...thats un-acceptable under any circumstances.[/quote']

And do you belive they would treat us any better? they have caught and burnt soldiers alive, decapatated etc

this is war, and as they say- all is fair in love and war.

dont get me wrong, im not condoing it, it is bloody sick what they did. in a perfect world someone would go- hang on, this guy is just fighting for what he belives in. im doing the same, lets be friends. but that wont happen.

the emontions in these sort of places is unreal, to kill somone, you dont think about their kids and family, you are killing so you can see yours again.

my brother is going to iraq soon and i am scard sh*tless for him. these pictures that have come out wont doo him any favours, but to be perfectly honest- i think most people would do the same.

i belive the oppositon have done similer stuff, just not so high profile and well organised

*please excuse my damn awful spelling

And do you belive they would treat us any better? they have caught and burnt soldiers alive' date=' decapatated etc[/quote']

But dont you see that by acting like they do we are every bit as bad as them, our armed forces are obliged to treat prisoners of war with respect for their human rights, its up to a war tribunal to decide the punishment of war criminals....and these poor fuckers were only looters.

this is war, and as they say- all is fair in love and war.

So in your opinion its ok for British soldiers to abuse and humiliate Iraqi's because they fancied a laugh and a photo for the folks back home.....shame on you.

dont get me wrong, im not condoing

You could have fooled me

lets be friends.

They dont have to be friends with these people to maintain their basic human rights.

These Iraqis were brutalised for fun....that cant be right

my brother is going to iraq soon and i am scard sh*tless for him.

And so you should be, but remember these poor bastards that were ill-treated by British troops could well have brothers too.

But while their actions are unacceptable' date=' they are understandable.[/quote']

No, you have totally contradicted yourself. Am I supposed to understand why people have treated people like shit because they are prisoners. There are guidelines within these prisons and there is difference between being hard on the prisoners and treating them like shit. Here is a question for you. Why is there never pictures like these in UK prisons? Think about it!

But dont you see that by acting like they do we are every bit as bad as them, our armed forces are obliged to treat prisoners of war with respect for their human rights, its up to a war tribunal to decide the punishment of war criminals....and these poor fuckers were only looters.

i can see what you are saying, but that isnt going to happen. this isnt a perfect world, they treat us like cr*p, we will do the same to them..

and only looters, fair enough they didnt kill anyone but why is it less right to loot a dead persons home etc. they arnt poor fuckers, they are crimnals

"They dont have to be friends with these people to maintain their basic human rights.

These Iraqis were brutalised for fun....that cant be right"

yeah, im sure they were thinking about our human rights while setting the caputred alight

So what is the differnce between the pics of our soldiers humiliting pow's and the pictues of the iraqs with our pows and decapitating live on the net etcc

what goes around comes around

let alone a homesick' date=' frightened undereducated 19 year old just out of army training. [/quote']

Sorry, but you win the prize for actually making me laugh! Don't shoot at our army, they're children! The bastards, shooting at poor homesick soldiers. All they wanted was cocoa.

there will always be bullies and bigots. the world needs war. there has to be an oppostie to everything, there always has been and always will be conflict and idiots out there.

there are the people out there willing to fight for their belifs and country, and there are those who help in other ways. (then there are mp's and pen-pushers)

just cause there are bullies dosnt mean everyone is. and well, the EU are bullies and twats

While not condoning their behavior and flabbergasted that they were stupid enough to take pictures of it then get them developed in a chemist, you have to get this into perspective.

a. This behavior is not widespread in either british or american troops, however much you'd love to believe it is.

b. Those involved are subject to military courts and punishment when caught and they are notoriously merciless.

c. The troops guarding these prisoners are soldiers, trained basically to fight battles and kill the enemy. They are neither police, prison warders or social workers. It's no wonder that a minority step over the line.

Finally ask yourself what would the Iraqi army or insurgents do to any british or american troops unlucky enough to fall into their hands. I think that our troops in such a situation would be very happy to be tied to a forklift and made to run about naked.

there will always be bullies and bigots. the world needs war. there has to be an oppostie to everything' date=' there always has been and always will be conflict and idiots out there.

there are the people out there willing to fight for their belifs and country, and there are those who help in other ways. (then there are mp's and pen-pushers)

just cause there are bullies dosnt mean everyone is. and well, the EU are bullies and twats[/quote']

Yes..... but can I be forgiven for hanging onto the hope that some day we can all live in peace and harmony.

Why in the name of FUCK does the world NEED wars? I have never heard such a stupid statement.

"the EU are bullies and twats".....? what in the name of fuck does that mean?

yes you can be forgiven, i think most people would like that, but it will never happen.

war has been around along time and it aint gonna stop now!

with light we get dark

with noise we get silence

with plesure we get pain

with peace we get war

there is an opposite for eveything. even if everyone tired to be happy-clappy-hippies we would still have the twats out there like hitler, saddam, bush etc that we need to get rid of. most of the evil in this world only respond to one thing and by the time it comes around they have armies blah blah and war is needed.

the eu are twats and bullies. they try to pass so many stupid bloody rules and regulations its unreal!

i dont remeber the exact details but a couple of years ago they tried to pass a law that would limit peoples use/expose of vibration - workers etc.. the way they had it was if it was passed someone using a phmatic drill would only be able to use it for 30 secs at a time.

there are so many other stupid thingd they have passed. sooner we get rid of them the better!

You've just gotta love the British army and the regular torture that goes on everytime they're involved with something... it would make me proud to be British, if i was. But what everyone is forgetting is that this is for the Iraqi's freedom now! not disarming Saddam or oil, it's all about the freedom... and until the iraqis learn that freedom means having the amerikans running yr country, this stuff will happen.

Ahhh, the days when it was all about WMD's... Anyone know what's happening in Afghanistan?