aberdeen-music

Choosing Highers...

A.Pel

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one about chopping wood once. Those programs are bizarre.

As for Highers, I took Maths, English, Computing, Physics, Chemistry.

Unforuntately it doesnt work quite like Standard Grade where you can just look over your books a day before and be fine..

You really do need to keep up-to-date with stuff or you fall behind horrendously.

I need to choose next years subjects soon.. and currently I have no idea what to do.

Don't do AH Chemistry... it seemed like a good idea at the time.. but it so wasn't. Higher Human Bio's good fun if they offer it.

..i took higher human biology at college...but my teacher was AWFUL...at first i thought that suicide was the option, but then i just dropped it, giving me the added bonus of being able to sleep in on monday and tuesday mornings as now i don't have college till 1pm. :up:

I remember Higher English being the worst subject ever. But Advanced Higher English is so good. Odd how things like that work out. In general (from my experience) Advanced Highers are much more enjoyable, relaxing subjects than highers. But yes, decide what to do with your life then choose subjects which fit this. I just ended up with a weird mesh of highers and don't really know what to do with them. Oh well. Living off parents forever looks like my main option just now.

Oh, and is it Jane who comes from college to teach you psychology, whoever said that?

ACE.....the only thing is' date=' where in a funeral home would you find a big solid box.. :rolleyes:[/quote']

I could lend you mine. Well, it's Ghastly Ghoulmore's stage prop actually. I don't quite fit in it properly... My shoulders are too wide. I used to have it standing in the corner of my bedroom, most people didn't notice, although this one girl who came back to mine one Friday night totally freaked out mid nookie, ha ha! She thankfully calmed down when I explained it wasn't "real", but she still absolutely hated it.

I could lend you mine. Well' date=' it's Ghastly Ghoulmore's stage prop actually. I don't quite fit in it properly... My shoulders are too wide. I used to have it standing in the corner of my bedroom, most people didn't notice, although this one girl who came back to mine one Friday night totally freaked out mid nookie, ha ha! She thankfully calmed down when I explained it wasn't "real", but she still absolutely hated it.[/quote']

..you're supposed to say "what ever are you talking about alex?! you don't need to stand on any boxes, you are tall enough. you're certainly not short, nu uh"

:rolleyes:

I want to do my highers again. Honours courses at uni suck ass. At higher, I studied Maths, English, German, Physics and Computing. I hated English but the others were all pretty good.

Whatever you plan to do after school, it's a good idea to take maths anyway since it opens up your options. There are many things that you can't do without maths and so if you don't take it at higher now, you may have to do it at college later on.

If you want an easier year, stay the hell away from the sciences, as the jump between Standard Grade and Higher is massive, but if you're totally committed to where you want to go, then you have to make the sacrafice and put in the work you need to do to get there. Easiest Highers for me so far have been Business Management and Info Systems.