aberdeen-music

Best quote u ever heard or saw or wrote

Chrisfindlay

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MarkJDelaney

"Failure taught me that failure isn't the end, unless you give up." - Jim Carrey

"Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends." - Edward Norton as Monty Brogan in '25th Hour'

"You're sitting on a winning lottery ticket and you're too big of a pussy to cash it in." - Ben Affleck as Chuckie in 'Good Will Hunting'

"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Jeff Daniels as Harry Dunne in 'Dumb and Dumber'

"Fredo was weak and stupid he shouldn't have eaten that key!" - Michael Richards as Cosmo Kramer in 'Seinfeld'

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Matthew Broderick as Ferris Bueller in 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'

Just a few of my favourite quotes.

Guest MarkJDelaney
The movie 'commando' starring arnold schwargnnnzzer is full of classics.

anyone?

Sully: Here's twenty dollars to get some drinks in Val Verde. It'll give us all a little more time with your daughter.

Henriques: Heh.

Matrix: You're a funny man' date=' Sully, I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last.

[b']Cooke: Fuck you asshole.

[click]

Matrix: Fuck you asshole.

Cindy: You steal my car, you rip the seat out, you kidnap me, you ask me to help you find your daughter which I very kindly do, and then you get me involved in a shoot out where people are dying and there's blood spurting all over the place, and then I watch you rip a phone booth out of a wall, swing from the ceiling like Tarzan, and then there's a cop that's going to shoot you and I save you and they start chasing me. Are you going to tell me what's going on or what?

Matrix: No.

Matrix: [reading about Boy George in a pop magazine] Why don't they just call him Girl George? It would cut down on the confusion.

Matrix: [within a second of a car crash into a lamp post, turns to Cindy] Are you all right?

Guest haigyman
"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away." seinfeld

unless it's you, cause we know you love it.

PS, you like seinfeld? ACE

Sully: Here's twenty dollars to get some drinks in Val Verde. It'll give us all a little more time with your daughter.

Henriques: Heh.

Matrix: You're a funny man' date=' Sully, I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last.

[/quote']

Commander bloke: 'John, did ya leave anything for us?'

Matrix: 'Just bodies'

Possibly the best is the 'Let off some steam, Bennet' line.

A book called "Bad Wisdom" (Bill Drummond and Zodiac Mindwarp) has some of the best lines ever:

"I feel like a Victorian hymn writer".

"I am a worthy executionaaaaaaaaar!"

"I felt like the ocean".

"We all loved each other and set out singing Boy George tunes. I was wearing a bra."

Then there's the Simpsons ones:

On cutting traffic speeds: "Sure you might save lives, but millions will be late!"

Lisa: Do we have any food that wasn't brutally slaughtered?

Homer: Well, I think the veal died of loneliness.

Billy Corgan: "Billy Corgan, 'Smashing Pumpkins'."

Homer Simpson: "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Homer: Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get.

For us to live any other way was nuts, to us those goody good

people who worked shitty jobs, for bum pay checks, and took the

subway to work every day, worried about their bills were dead,

they were suckers, they had no balls. If we wanted something we

just took it. If anyone complained twice they got hit so bad

believe me they never complained again, it was just our routine,

we didn't even think about it.

-- Goodfellas

'Most men will not swim before they are able to.' Is not that witty? Naturally they won't swim. They were born for the solid earth, not for the water. And naturally they won't think. They are made for life, not for thought. Yes, and he who thinks, what's more, he who makes thought his business, he may go far in it, but he has bartered the solid earth for the water all the same, and one day he will drown.

-- Herman Hesse - Steppenwolf