aberdeen-music

Does God Exist?

buffalo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As creator of the Universe and mankind and such, no.

As some sort of basis for your morality and ethics and such, then yeah, maybe. Umm... depends on your own idea of what God is I guess. If it can be something inside yourself that tells you what's right and what's wrong, then it probably does exist. But the definition of God is meant to be an all powerful, all loving, good being. And I don't think that exists.

I always confuse myself on this anyway so I'll let someone else talk :)

Its Christmas time dude be merry, death isn't funny in the slightest so maybe some things should just be let to go past, it takes a bigger man to do that. Anyways it doesn't really affect you in the slightest, just a minor annoyance really. In my opinion Cristianity was created as a tool of moral control. If you believe in evolution i don't really think you can believe in what the bible tells you.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
In my opinion Cristianity was created as a tool of moral control. If you believe in evolution i don't really think you can believe in what the bible tells you.

Well put, that man. The simplest way I can put it is that religion was created by a few devious people to subjugate a lot of gullible people.

O.K i don't believe in it but the cristian answer to that question would be 'Evil has to exist on earth in order for us to understand that the only rightful path is that of God'. This meaning that if there were no evil men and everyone is good then heaven would exist right here on earth and there would be no need for a higher place, i.e no sense of progression after death.

Sorry folks, I'm kinda still feeling my way around this site and I'm old and slow.

I agree, if it's already under discussion there's no point in going through it all again, I just didn't know that it was.

Just for the record I don't beleive in God but I respect what others think.

I really don't approve of forcing your beliefs on others and theres too much of that in my opinion.

I believe in science and evolution but doubt that man will ever evolve to fully understand everything so therefore what's the effing point.... Lets just ROCK.

B.