aberdeen-music

I just had an arguement with the woman in the post office about freedom of speech...

Afro Droid

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stuartmaxwell
I love how all posts on ab-music get distorted into hatred......hate hate hate.....you bunch of nazis.....see you in strausberg......

just to re-iterate...

*experienced shitstirrer available for hire*

2 pints of fine premium lager will get a guarunteed 5 page thread of arguing/snidey bitching, and since its xmas i will throw in ego deflation too

5 pints of fine premium lager will get you a punch up between various ab-music members

:D

I fucking hate US Customs.

The one and only time I've been there' date=' they confiscated an expensive bottle of whiskey (a present for my mate who I was staying with's Dad), poured it down the toilet and then GAVE ME THE EMPTY FUCKING BOTTLE BACK. Reason being? Because I'm not 21. Fucking cunts.[/quote']

You should take heed of the laws of any country you visit and more fool you for not doing so.

If it had been a muslim country you were visiting they would have done more than pour it down the drain.......

but most people who are worth working with/for listen to all demos anyway

I'm not some green 14-year-old in a Nirvana-a-like band though, it's not like I've sent a CD to Sony marked 'A&R Dept.' We've targetted labels, fanzines, websites, other bands etc that are likely to be into our kinda thang; the point in decorating the envelopes simply makes the package more attractive and interesting (in my eyes anyway, plus some of the headlines were unny as fuck), and therefore more likely to get noticed in a pile of 20 demos the recipient got that day. Even the small rn'r labels we've contacted get LOADS of demos everyday. I guess that does make me some sort of fame-hungry moron though eh? Imagine! Actually wanting to make a success of a band, and actually putting in the effort!

I can see the headlines now...

Local Councillor Len Ironman is said to be outraged over the discovery' date=' stating that after being excited by some of the suggestions on the packaging, he was exceedingly dissapointed by the actual contents."

[/quote']

Why do I get the feeling that no matter how great we were, you 'd never bring yourself to admit it, because I once super-imposed your head onto Yoda's body? :help:

Guest stuartmaxwell
Why do I get the feeling that no matter how great we were' date=' you 'd never bring yourself to admit it, because I once super-imposed your head onto Yoda's body? :help:[/quote']

ha ha ha ha

:laughing:

class

Why do I get the feeling that no matter how great we were' date=' you 'd never bring yourself to admit it, because I once super-imposed your head onto Yoda's body? :help:[/quote']

Ha!

Well, just to disprove your point, I listened to your CD. I'll start with the single best thing about it, and thats the drumming. Credit where credit is due, Oggy is one of the best drummers I've heard in ages! He's tight, aggressive, and always spot on with his fills and the like. The guitar work and bass is pretty decent, but they sound a little thin which is probably because you didn't have/want to spend much time or money on the thing. The worst thing about the record is simply your vox. You just can't sing, simple as that. Some of it is comical, the yells/"wooooah!"s for example. The songs/riffs themselves to me are pretty dull and certainly nothing that hasn't been done the same by many other bands before. But, you guys obviously like playing that stuff and there are a number of people who enjoy to listen to it, so fair dues.

So there you go. I did find something I liked about your CD and band, it just wasn't you. I can safely say I like RL better than your last band, but they still share the same basic, in-escapable problem : You just can't sing.

Guest stuartmaxwell
Ha!

So there you go. I did find something I liked about your CD and band' date=' it just wasn't you. I can safely say I like RL better than your last band, but they still share the same basic, in-escapable problem : You just can't sing.[/quote']

yes your right, he cant sing

he never could sing

part of the charm i suppose

i quite like what ive heard of RL,

You should take heed of the laws of any country you visit and more fool you for not doing so.

I was trying to figure something out the other day (which is slightly relevant to why i was pretty nearly deported from America a couple of years ago)

If I was 16, and married to my 16 year old wife, and we went to America and stayed in a state with a sexual consent age of 18, would it be illegal for me to fornicate with her?

I say this because i had a bit of a thing about a 17 year old French chick. It'd have been legal in my country and hers, but where I was the age of consent was 18.

But don't worry shock-merchants - I did not have my evil way with a 17 year old French lass, I just sold alcohol to a bunch of 16 year old kids.

Craig

I'll tell you all about "Schoolgirl Night" another time. Although my mate (age 23) did score a 15 year old and my other mate's bird in one night a few weeks ago.

I was trying to figure something out the other day (which is slightly relevant to why i was pretty nearly deported from America a couple of years ago)

If I was 16' date=' and married to my 16 year old wife, and we went to America and stayed in a state with a sexual consent age of 18, would it be illegal for me to fornicate with her?

I say this because i had a bit of a thing about a 17 year old French chick. It'd have been legal in my country and hers, but where I was the age of consent was 18.

But don't worry shock-merchants - I did not have my evil way with a 17 year old French lass, I just sold alcohol to a bunch of 16 year old kids.

Craig

I'll tell you all about "Schoolgirl Night" another time. Although my mate (age 23) did score a 15 year old and my other mate's bird in one night a few weeks ago.[/quote']

there's not actually an age of consent in the states as long as neither party involved is over the age of 18. if both are under 18 there's not actually a law to say whether or not they can have sex.

I'm not some green 14-year-old in a Nirvana-a-like band though' date=' it's not like I've sent a CD to Sony marked 'A&R Dept.' We've targetted labels, fanzines, websites, other bands etc that are likely to be into our kinda thang; the point in decorating the envelopes simply makes the package more attractive and interesting (in my eyes anyway, plus some of the headlines were unny as fuck), and therefore more likely to get noticed in a pile of 20 demos the recipient got that day. Even the small rn'r labels we've contacted get LOADS of demos everyday. I guess that does make me some sort of fame-hungry moron though eh? Imagine! Actually wanting to make a success of a band, and actually putting in the effort![/quote']

that smells like paranoia

if its cool for you its cool for you, buts it all down to the music in the end so I just dont see the point of all the extra effort really

I'm still scratching my head over a member of Karloff criticising someone else's singing...

I don't sing. Merely provide the odd growl/howl here or there, because I *know* I can't sing. If, on the other hand, that is directed at Ash's vocal, then I know he'd appreciate it if you went to Retro Rebels to tell him in person. He's not the worlds greatest singer at times, but he can hold his own and is not without any ability. He also recognises that he can improve, so is taking vocal coaching at Tom's.

I might not be able to sing myself, but I can tell the difference between when someone can basically sing, and plainly can't.

Ah' date=' yes, the old 'tell him to his face sucka' line, I am sure Ash doesn't care what I think, and it doesn't bother me either.

Good to see you're in a festive kinda mood Mr K.

I'm basing it on that magical thing called personal opinion.

Just like you.[/quote']

You're absolutely right, I already KNOW he doesn't care what you think. But I'm still struggling to see what your original interjection had to do with anything, really. Jonny stated I would never admit to their being anything good about his band even if there was, I plainly laid out what I thought was good and bad about it, and then you tried to suggest that because I'm in Karloff then my analysis was somehow incorrect or ironic....? You really are laughable at times. But you're also right, if your opinion is that Karloff vox are bereft of any singing talent whatsoever, then you're entitled to it. But it has no bearing on my earlier comments, does it??

Lastly, I'm in a very festive mood actually. Just finished buying the last Xmas presents for my family. Does being festive mean you're not allowed to express a negative opinion on anything??

Guest tv tanned

I am glad you find me laughable.

It is nice to bring a smile to people's faces.

I hope the festive period is enjoyable for you.

Tell you what, since you're ever in the right, and I am ever in the wrong, I'll delete my posts, think of it as an early Christmas present.

If I was 16' date=' and married to my 16 year old wife, and we went to America and stayed in a state with a sexual consent age of 18, would it be illegal for me to fornicate with her?

I say this because i had a bit of a thing about a 17 year old French chick. It'd have been legal in my country and hers, but where I was the age of consent was 18.[/quote']

Same situation applies in the UK, sorta...you can get married at 16 to a 16 year old in Scotland etc etc, then go to Northern Ireland and be having underage sex with your wife, as the age of consent is 17 there.

Guest tv tanned
Honestly....this is better than tv! (unless your tv has family guy on it' date=' then it fails in comparison)[/quote']

That's ok, I was recently compared with Peter from Family Guy on the Wasteland, so it is all good.

I am glad you find me laughable.

It is nice to bring a smile to people's faces.

I hope the festive period is enjoyable for you.

Tell you what' date=' since you're ever in the right, and I am ever in the wrong, I'll delete my posts, think of it as an early Christmas present.[/quote']

I hope you have a good holiday time too. I never said you were "wrong", did I? I questioned why you seemed to suggest my opinion on Jonny's vocal talent was somehow less because of which band I play in. Why bother deleting it? It doesn't erase it from history or anything, so what's the point?

Merry Yaksmas.