aberdeen-music

Blunkett has gone

framheim

Ah another scandal, another resignation. Oooo politics can be so exciting when stuff like this happens. So much more goes on that we don't hear about unfortunately, ah, tis a sad life when you realise stuff like this is good.

He was going to intrduce to the hosue a bill which put a durfew on teenagers being in town... That is just one of a host of his ideas. he may be blind, but the man had hard line views.

His integrity was questioned, and he resigned. Im rather glad myself... Although, I am not happy with his replacement...

Thank fuck he's gone. Im just disapointed that he wasn't booted out rather than them letting him resign. Abuse of powers (intimidation of Civil servants on issue of Nanny Visa applications), abuse of taxpayers money (using the train tickets he is given free for him and his spouse but instead giving them to his married lover) and then he is stupid enough to make more enemies by taking a go at felow ministers in his book (reportadly labelled Education Secretary Charles Clarke "soft", Culture secretary Tessa Jowell "weak" and slammed Jack Straw for leaving the Home Office in a "mess".

Not the mention the laws that he introduced/planned to introduce which in my mind hardly line up with what a Labour Goverment should be about.

He should have been kicked out rather than getting the slight dignity of a resignation

I doubt that Charles Clark will be a Great Home Office Minister but hopefully he'll be less orientated towards the right than Blunkett and less hard line on some issues like immigration (it's been reported today that part of the anti-terrorism act that allows foreigners to be detained without trial is a violation of the European Charter on Human Rights and so must be changed, seems that Blunkett has left a pretty bad mess for Clark)

Thank fuck he's gone. Im just disapointed that he wasn't booted out rather than them letting him resign. Abuse of powers (intimidation of Civil servants on issue of Nanny Visa applications)' date=' abuse of taxpayers money (using the train tickets he is given free for him and his spouse but instead giving them to his married lover) and then he is stupid enough to make more enemies by taking a go at felow ministers in his book (reportadly labelled Education Secretary Charles Clarke "soft", Culture secretary Tessa Jowell "weak" and slammed Jack Straw for leaving the Home Office in a "mess".

Not the mention the laws that he introduced/planned to introduce which in my mind hardly line up with what a Labour Goverment should be about.

He should have been kicked out rather than getting the slight dignity of a resignation

I doubt that Charles Clark will be a Great Home Office Minister but hopefully he'll be less orientated towards the right than Blunkett and less hard line on some issues like immigration (it's been reported today that part of the anti-terrorism act that allows foreigners to be detained without trial is a violation of the European Charter on Human Rights and so must be changed, seems that Blunkett has left a pretty bad mess for Clark)[/quote']

You're trying way too hard.