aberdeen-music

Does Aberdeen Really Want Bands

Stormhart

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want the truth just sick of people's atitude for one people who dont even listen to a band before slagging them.If i could delete this i would and the bloodstock topic as far as im concerned its closed.Have your closed circle maybe one day aberdeen will join the real world.

This is the point you don't seem to grasp, no-one has slagged off any of the bands all people have said is they've never heard of any of them and people won't go and see what they've not heard !! I haven't seen anyone slagging off any of the bands.

Cheers

Stuart

I'm finding myself rather confused after reading this whole thread. I have to admit I have never heard of Bloodstock, any of the bands, or anything else mentioned within this whole sad affair. But was there actually a point to this thread?

Was it meant to be promoting a gig? Is Bloodstock coming to Aberdeen? Why should I care? I have only seen one link to a bands website... I want them all in the first post so I can investigate for myself otherwise there is no chance in hell I will go.

Has this whole thing just been a complete waste of time?

You want the truth just sick of people's atitude for one people who dont even listen to a band before slagging them.If i could delete this i would and the bloodstock topic as far as im concerned its closed.Have your closed circle maybe one day aberdeen will join the real world.

I think you'll find apart from Ross on Saxon not one of your bands has been slagged, what the problem here is no one here has heard the bands you mentioned, the question is how would they if they dont feature heavily in the more popular music press or tv.

To be honest what did you expect from a website promoting Aberdeen bands and venues when you slag off the quality of local bands. I would imagine you'd get a similar reaction if you posted on Bloodstock Messageboards saying that Manowar are just a joke band in the same vain as Spinal Tap.

Now i have heard of Bloodstock and have given some thought to going to it some year, a few people i know have said great things about it.

So i for one would welcome a mini version in Aberdeen, but like i said before you got off on the wrong foot by mentioning your opinion of the local scene, many people who have posted on this thread have worked damn hard to get something happening here and they should be comended as i think should you who's heart seems to be in the right place.

Name dropping doesn't look cool either when making your arguements either especially when people dont know who your talking about. :moody:

Take care and i look forward to see where this all ends up :up:

Is that the real world, just left of Asgard, past the merauding trolls, and down the road from the Crystal Dragon? If so, it sounds a bit dangerous.....

This is one of the craziest threads I have ever read on this board and if everyone had cared to pay attention they'd realise that it doesn't matter if you've heard of a band or not.He was makin the point of name dropping bands as for you to go do your own research if you have not heard of them.

Stormhart has been absent minded enough to keep name-dropping this Vince guy instead of getting a general opinion from everyone on the board by putting up a poll or going out into the street to get a general feel for interest for this mini bloodstock festival. He got off on the wrong foot by slagging the local scene which would never go down well where ever you're from.

To actually get something from this thread I would recommend that people go find out a bit more about these bands that have been mentioned - you never know you might actually like what you hear- and to Stormhart I would say to find out more about the Aberdeen scene for power metal and other similar type genres before making conclusions in a second.You never know a mini-bloodstock might be appealing to a lot of people and be a success cos if you notice only a handful of people have actually posted in this thread and that would tell me that it's not the opinion of everyone that they wouldn't want this festival.

Rant over.

PHEW!

This is one of the craziest threads I have ever read on this board and if everyone had cared to pay attention they'd realise that it doesn't matter if you've heard of a band or not.He was makin the point of name dropping bands as for you to go do your own research if you have not heard of them.

Stormhart has been absent minded enough to keep name-dropping this Vince guy instead of getting a general opinion from everyone on the board by putting up a poll or going out into the street to get a general feel for interest for this mini bloodstock festival. He got off on the wrong foot by slagging the local scene which would never go down well where ever you're from.

To actually get something from this thread I would recommend that people go find out a bit more about these bands that have been mentioned - you never know you might actually like what you hear- and to Stormhart I would say to find out more about the Aberdeen scene for power metal and other similar type genres before making conclusions in a second.You never know a mini-bloodstock might be appealing to a lot of people and be a success cos if you notice only a handful of people have actually posted in this thread and that would tell me that it's not the opinion of everyone that they wouldn't want this festival.

Rant over.

PHEW!

Yipe i'd agree with that :up:

Rant over.

PHEW!

I think more people are pissed off with the ranting about how we're acting so ungratefully over multiple posts about the bands he keeps mentioning as though they're huge names! You'd think he had Tool appearing with Slayer supporting the way he's going on!

oh dear god

did nobody read my post?

i quite clearly said that the whole of Aberdeen doesnt use this message board

how many people have actually replied in this thread? 10? 20?

i remember this one time

we had over 300 people in Kef watching 5 Local Bands

there's a ton of people in Aberdeen who have worked damn hard over the last 4 or 5 years to greatly improve the amount of opportunities available to local bands and artists

Mr Bloodstock guy.... step back and have a think about what people are saying (but more what i'm saying!)

If you want a gig to work

you put the time and effort in to make sure that everyone knows about it

the people who are interested in going will probably go

Aberdeen's a small place and it's a few hours away from everywhere else

we all know that... but at the same time i've been to some gigs up here that have been jam-packed with folk

Biffy Clyro @ Moshulu, Thin Lizzy @ Moshulu, Less than Jake @ Music Hall, Wildhearts @ Lemon Tree, Finch @ Lemon Tree etc. etc.

There are people in Aberdeen who will go and see bands (i know all of the bands above would be seen as 'bigger' bands but a gigs a gig)

but not if you come onto a message board and act like a tit

(if you're still listening your grammar is terrible... please sort it out)

I even sent you a PM saying that we were available to give you any help that you might want...

but to say that you're interested in doing this

and then say your not because a few people gave you a ripping on a message board is just silly

All you've done is manage to show this guy just how insular and incestuous the aberdeen scene is. As someone said this board is a tiny' date=' tiny part of the music loving population and a bullshit-talking part too.[/quote']

maybe if the guy had come on with a more positive attitiude about getting people interested in a gig - rather than slagging off people straight away - then the reaction would have been more positive towards him.

And if we're talking "insular and incestuous" then you really need to look much further than the Metal scene itself and it's obsessions with it genres and micro-genres.

My pride gets in my way sometime and i probably did not help get into a slagging match with people.As for Gabriel he is in one the bands who would like to come to Aberdeen and play next year.He got a wee bit frustrated that he thought he saw on the forum was hardly any interest and negative replys.All i can say to people is what i have heard the source is completely relaible and the planning of Bloodstock Roadshow for Aberdeen And Glasgow April next year is only in the first stage.I was one of the first person in Scotland to hear about it and i was excited not just for me but for Aberdeen and i wanted to break the good news to you.All i can say to people is please be patient and give it a chance before passing judgement.Vince has a load of experience running Bloodstock and he will promote it properly when he offically announces it on his site and as soon as that happens i will link it to you.

Stormhart

Fuck yeah you get the bloodstock roadshow up here and if you book them they will come !!!

i will happily devote my time to advertise any power metal in aberdeen.

i garuntee about 70% of metal fans in Aberdeen and surrounding area do not use this site and never know of these gigscause no one can be assed advertising .....

until now !