aberdeen-music

Does Aberdeen Really Want Bands

Stormhart

Guest valley69

before anyone has a go at me i wanna say that the moorings bar is the best fucking bar in scotland.period.the jukebox is generally agreeable with me and the atmosphere rocks. Im not very familiar with metal but bands like deftones and helmet who i have heard who are considred metal do fucking rock. I am open to new types of metal. However i really cant see there being any point in promoting music like classic metal or fucking iron fucking maiden in aberdeen. Personally all that screaming pisses me right off as does the fucking wanky and stupid guitar solos. Plus i dont really think that the aberdeen crowd really wants another classic metal band titled' kill the fucking world' or 'blood death gore' screaming down the mike in places like drummonds. Im not sure if the type of bands that you are refferring to in this post are classic metal but if they are id have to say sorry not for me.

I have to hear my flatmate BLAST THAT PISH THROUGH HIS BEDROOM WALL ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT.god i fucking hate that shit :moody::down:;( KILL ME NOW. GODDDD

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen seems to have a bit more folk involved in getting things done than in Dundee (I think it may also have more readily available venues too but you tell me) but many Dundee bands have been more than willing to travel up to the Deen, and bring cars of folk too! The knifed gig a while back was good, think that was the last one I was at in Drakes, and the variety up in your area is a bonus. Speaking as a foreigner, your 'scene' doesn't seem to shabby, apart from the ripped breeks, dreadlocks, etc etc

I think Mordred did pretty well listing some of the past offerings.....

Guest valley69
Valley69 your not much of a metalhead them and defin not a manowar fan who you where hinting at.Strange you goto the mooring if you really cant stand metal bands.Considering most metal bands scream.

i like good metal. Not 80's pish, that was my point.

Guest valley69
Valley69' date=' you are completely ignorant

No classic Metal bands cream about bloody gore

its Death Metal bands

you are so ignorant[/quote']

maybe i am but i thought i made it clear that i didnt know that much about metal. I like good music, not 80's pish or death metal as you put it.THANKYOU

Guest valley69
Nu Metal ISNT't METAL

Deftones isnt METAL

god

ignorant people

Iron Maiden can drew crowds 10 times as big as Deftones or any of the stuff you like

im not a die hard fucking deftones fan and last time i heard they werent fucking indie

Guest valley69
they are NOT Metal at all not even Nu Metal nor any type of Metal

' date=' althoug Nu-Metal isnt even Metal in the first place[/quote']

Ok well at least you never bit my fucking head off. Whatever they are i like them.end of story...although i still think if u looked under jazz helmet wouldnt pop up. lAters

they are NOT Metal at all not even Nu Metal nor any type of Metal

' date=' althoug Nu-Metal isnt even Metal in the first place[/quote']

Its these kinds of posts that annoy me more than anything

When the Deftones first appeared on the scene at the same time as Korn, they were classed as nu metal and as far as im concerned thats what they are.

What you think of them is your business but i would say they were metal, metal is a broad church with so many different genres in it, why not class them ( in your opinon maybe ) as crap Metal rather than follow this long outdated itea of there not metal cos they dont sound like Iron Maiden or Judus Priest.

Get over it.... :up:

Guest valley69
Its these kinds of posts that annoy me more than anything

When the Deftones first appeared on the scene at the same time as Korn' date=' they were classed as nu metal and as far as im concerned thats what they are.

What you think of them is your business but i would say they were metal, metal is a broad church with so many different genres in it, why not class them ( in your opinon maybe ) as crap Metal rather than follow this long outdated itea of there not metal cos they dont sound like Iron Maiden or Judus Priest.

Get over it.... :up:[/quote']

hmm light at the end of the tunnel...maybe i wasnt mistaken after all!!

like my top 10 bands are : MANOWAR' date=' Skid Row, Kiss, Virgin Steele, Deep Purple, Dream Theater, Slayer, Over Kill, Motley Crue, Iron MAiden[/quote']

Well contrary to all the crap going before, within my lifetiome going to gigs I know of at least 2 of these bands who have played Aberdeen, don't know about the others, but it's hardly saying no-one plays here, especially considering its 300 miles out of the way for any band to play. I haven't heard of any of the bands that are [playing at Bloodstock so why would i want to go and see them ? maybe i am missing out on something but maybe not, people want to see bands they've heard of thats whyb its difficult getting people to come out to gigs.

Cheers

Stuart