aberdeen-music

Does Aberdeen Really Want Bands

Stormhart

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest valley69
metal is not a Broad church' date=' go to metalgospel.org or Power-Metal.co.uk, these people know what Metal is, not this Nu (Un) Metal crap[/quote']

actually i agree , korn are neu metal. or more accurately new pop. Retracting my assumption that helmet/deftones = metal. but deftones dont= neu metal!

Ok were are not talking the 90s we are talking 2000s nobody wants to come here because of this from of attitude.

But we could be talking about the reason why the bands aren't getting anyone coming to see them is because no-one has heard of them Why would people go and see a band they've never heard of ?

As you've commented there are a lot of crap bands out there, there's no reason why anyone should go and see them.

Cheers

Stuart

metal is not a Broad church' date=' go to metalgospel.org or Power-Metal.co.uk, these people know what Metal is, not this Nu (Un) Metal crap[/quote']

MMM your annoying me now.

So your telling me you'd lump your top 10' bands together and you wouldn't say there greatly different in sound.

Come on Deep Purple similar to Overkill theres quite a wide gap in attack there, Slayer and Motley Crue?

To me Glam, Thrash, Speed,Black, Death, Nu-Metal are all under the same banner METAL different styles all under the one broad church.

...and you should worship at it's Alter accordly :bat:

Deep Purple and OverKill are similar in many ways, so similar that Over Kill COVERED a Deep Purple song on their Coverkill album, Slayer and Motley Crue have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more in common than you thinkg too, as the first Slayer album "Show No Mercy" was quite glammy and influenced in look and sound by Motley Crue's "Shout At The Devil" !!

Pride Before A Fall you cant expect bigger bands to come if you wont support the up and comeing ones.I did not come on this site to start an arguement i honestly thought i was doing Aberdeen a favour maybe i was wrong.

I think your doing the right thing, what is annoying me is the elitest way people try and say what is and what isn't in this case Metal.

What i suggest is have a chuckle to yourself at how people taste of Music is crap and suggest other bands to show the error of there ways ie go to Bloodstock make your own mind up ect

Were all here for the same reason anyway (i hope) the love of music in in this case METAL :rockon:

Pride Before A Fall you cant expect bigger bands to come if you wont support the up and comeing ones.I did not come on this site to start an arguement i honestly thought i was doing Aberdeen a favour maybe i was wrong.

But you're not giving anyone a reason to come and see these bands, all you're saying is you like them, people won't go and see things they've never heard of and you can't blame them for that. People will support up and coming bands here but they have to be something that they know enough about to like. If a band wants to come up here and play to a sold out crowd then they're being incredibly naieve, you go away and play to 10 people before you can expect to come back to 200 especially if you're not known. Getting on a bill like Bloodstock (which to be honest I've never heard of) does not mean that a band has a right to play to well attended gigs. If the band come up here and play to 10-20 people and they're good then those people will bring their friends. Unless you're a good, established band then you won't come up here to big crowds. You have to walk before you can run...

Cheers

Stuart

Deep Purple and OverKill are similar in many ways' date=' so similar that Over Kill COVERED a Deep Purple song on their Coverkill album, Slayer and Motley Crue have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more in common than you thinkg too, as the first Slayer album "Show No Mercy" was quite glammy and influenced in look and sound by Motley Crue's "Shout At The Devil" !![/quote']

In sound i meant, The Cardigans did two Black Sabbath covers on early albums that doesn't make them metal does it.

I wouldn't say the first Slayer album was glammy thou, the make it was to make them stand out, something they lost pretty quickly thank god.

Guest valley69
It seems that Aberdeen is the last to hear of these bands and Bloodstock.And you want bands to turn up.I want to be peacemaker but there is an error in your thinking.This is not just about metal its about the music scene fullstop.

you never really made that clear considering you were talking about metal bands my dear man.

If you want to attract bigger bands and promotors you must be able to show that you can turn up to smaller ones.By the way Vince is one of the biggest promotors in the Uk who runs Bloodstock and added to that he could help local bands.He has a lot of interest in not so well known bands.Final say for the night:)

but Deep Purple and OverKill are also very similar in Sound

Chunky guitar riffs

Solo's

some high-pitched screams

fast bits/slow bits

what more can I say

For godness sake cant you see what im trying to say and dont take this the wrong way but more people from all walks of life would find it easier to listen to Deep Purple than Overkill as to the untrained ear Thrash is just a noise, i know its not, you know its not, but to the 40-50 somethings who go and see them when they play would get a hell of a shock if Overkill were support ( would make a cracking bill by the way ).

Guest valley69
aye' date=' lets all just Agree to Disagree and when the time comes we might find some Grey are band we all love :)[/quote']

hmm the cuts are a good band...playing this friday @ lemon tree with the rezillos?anyone coming.

It seems that Aberdeen is the last to hear of these bands and Bloodstock.And you want bands to turn up.I want to be peacemaker but there is an error in your thinking.This is not just about metal its about the music scene fullstop.

Doesn't matter if Aberdeen is the last to hear of these bands, thats the point, if they haven't got their pr to cover up here then you can't expect people to come, and for that matter I just asked a friend of mine into the genre much more than me in Nottingham and he hadn't heard of any of the bands too. And the points i make are also about the scene in general, if people haven't heard of them then people won't come and see them, and maybe next time if they're good the few that do make it out will bring more. I know several acts who have played to 1000 people in one place and then played to 20 in another, thats the way it goes, if they're good then more poeple will come next time, but first gigs for unknown bands are always poorly attended.

Cheers

Stuart

If you want to attract bigger bands and promotors you must be able to show that you can turn up to smaller ones.By the way Vince is one of the biggest promotors in the Uk who runs Bloodstock and added to that he could help local bands.He has a lot of interest in not so well known bands.Final say for the night:)

The promotors who promote the smaller bills in general are completely different from those that promote the bigger bills, primarily because they can't make money out of promoting bands no-ones heard of and do it as a hobby whereas the guys who promote the bigger bands make their living out of it. I think to connect the scene of somewhere like drakes and the scene of somewhere like Moshulu is naieve. It is a different scene.

Cheers

Stuart