aberdeen-music

TONIGHT::The Bled + Alexisonfire + Hiding With Girls + MMW::TONIGHT

Ross

alexisonfire - band of night. made me go up to phil alkaline and say "this makes me wanna play hardcore forever" simple as really. awesome

bled - really good band but songs have to much of similar structure im affraid. good idea but overdone unfortunatly

Alexisonfire make you want to play hardcore? Why, to slay their fucking PISH band? Dear god, they're bad....

AND you insult The Bled? You're heading straight to music hell - Enya on repeat for eternity......

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Minds Weapon were impressive. Not the kind of thing I'd listen to but def one of the most promising Aberdeen bands. It really pissed me off cos my friend was stood down front for MMW and then she realized and they were local and was like "pah their local" and sat down, with the assumption that local bands are crap! wheres the support your local scene? grrrr!

Hiding with Girls were shite. I think its a general opinion of them. Why do they exist? Alexisonfire were ok. Nothing special. The Bled were pretty cool though they are way overrated.Still I enjoyed the night, had a lil boogie and all

Hello everyone. Had an awesome time at the gig and it really was a great line up to be on. Thanks everyone for the kind comments, it really is appreciated.

I have to be honest I enjoyed all the bands - however - did anyone not think that alesisonfire and the bled were VERY loud? My ears are still ringing.

Not a bad turn out though, although not a great atmosphere. There's just something about Aberdeen.

Anyway, here's to hoping that there will be more gigs of a similarly high profile coming to Aberdeen in the near future!

I have to be honest I enjoyed all the bands - however - did anyone not think that alesisonfire and the bled were VERY loud? My ears are still ringing.

Yes they were, loud to the point of stoping the enjoyment possibly. IMO it gets to a point where it is that loud you cant really hear the music, just a wall of noise. What with the beastie boys the night before and capdown last night I cant hear a thing. Lectures have been a pain in the ass today :(

To tell the truth I thought the whole night was a bit of a let down. Not really my sort of music and the singer from Alexisonfire was a dick.

I ont think it is the aberdeen crowd though. They were out in force for capdown last night. Possibly just the trend for emo/screamo dying away? I cant say that would be a bad thing (Not trying to offend any emo fans here. I know it is a touchy subject, its just my opinion.)

On the plus I met a couple of cool people, its always good to make new friends :)