aberdeen-music

Im quitting Element 106 and Spike

Hog

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater

This has come a bit out of the blue, to say the least. Hog, I see you posted that just half an hour after spilling your guts down the phone. I did say take a few DAYS to think about it, not a few minutes! I respect your decision, as does Scorge, but this is a bit like getting dumped via text message! However, we're not so disappointed that we're not going to carry on without you, oh no!

I know you're having a shitty time of it, but you're still one of my best mates and I ain't turning my back on you. Expect me to pop round soon with a six-pack, hang in there bud.

So, I guess the Spike Boys are on the lookout for a new guitarist, then! Is anyone prepared to step up to the plate? Talent isn't REALLY necessary, but enthusiasm and a love of drinking is, as well as the ability to play 3 chords extremely quickly. Fuck it, let's go for a bass player as well, I'd like to flesh the sound out a bit. I can't speak for the E106 guys, but I hope they keep it going too.

So, I'm still in a mild state of shock but life goes on. Hog, it's been a fucking blast and I hope to hell we don't lose touch, you're too good a friend. Hang in there and you'll come out the other end, trust me. You're too intelligent not to.

Spike: not the end, not the beginning. Not even the beginning of the end, but definitely the end of the beginning.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Why not try Spike with a bass guitarist all fuzzed up' date=' and without an electric guitarist? Then, if Hog changes his mind at a later date, he could rejoin the flock.[/quote']

Well, hopefully we'll get a bassist as well now! Hog won't be back, once his mind's made up that's it. You could say it's His Mind's Weapon!

*remembers*

Alan, you play guitar, don't you? *hint*

Guest Jake Wifebeater

and Jakey - don't even think about stopping spike. i don't think it's in your nature but you better bloody not!

No danger of that! I don't think I could stop anyway. I guess it's time for a little hiatus now i.e. myself and Scorge get pissed heaps and then regroup. Spike lives on. Thanks for your support!

Thanks to everyone for their kind words *speech* lol. Especially, the guys from both bands who have respected my decision and been ace to play with. Cheers to Reap, Femora, Black Atom, Hot Mangu, etc, Flash, Kirk T, everyone.

Remember I have a gig with each band to fulfill! So come along if you can.

I really hope both bands continue. Spike will, Element should because they are ace lads. :up:

Thanks Paul. My last E106 gig will be on the 16th of December its a fudge gig. No more Spike gigs' date=' sorry.[/quote']

No it aint, sorry guys, Element will not be back till the new year now.

Hogs announcement on Tue night was taken by ourselves in E106 as immediate effect.

We will return,

Although we wished that this had remained within the band and not become public.