aberdeen-music

Should we eat Meat?

Birdman

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
Yeah' date=' so do you think it's cruel to 'kill' a carrot? They're alive too, you know..........[/quote']

Thats true, killing a carrot would end its life. Fruit is the only recyclable food whereby once picked and consumed, its seeds can be regrown to provide more...so the answer everyone is, become a fruititarian :gringo: comme moi....

• 2 months later...
Ahh no but you actually have to eat the fruit before you can grow it again if you think about it....the seeds are within...fruit is the food of nature man' date=' its time to wake up an accept the 21st century :D:cheers:[/quote']

well, I cut open an apple the other day, took the pips out (before eating the fruit (false fruit ? same goes for tomatos) and then scoffed on the fruit...

so, you don't have to eat the fruit first to get the pips....

:ding:

omnivores, it's always been the way forwards.

a little bit of everything, in moderation...

Guest Savant
(since it's considered to be

cruel to kill other life forms)

but.......

......More animals to conduct researches on......

Eh????

Ok to test products but not to eat?

Agreed. Since when has it been considered cruel to kill an animal? Testing on animals is cruel as they are suffering, but a bullet through the head doesn't cause much suffering.

We are designed to kill animals and eat their meat therefore I think we should. But yes, some of the 'farming' going on is cruel.

Guest b-bert
Agreed. Since when has it been considered cruel to kill an animal? Testing on animals is cruel as they are suffering' date=' but a bullet through the head doesn't cause much suffering.

We are designed to kill animals and eat their meat therefore I think we should. But yes, some of the 'farming' going on is cruel.[/quote']

but what if one animal suffers to save hundereds of humans? is that not worth it?

(i know this isnt about eating meat, but im all for it)