aberdeen-music

Rage

Guest tv tanned

Guest tv tanned

OK, this is an incident yesterday which really fucking pissed me off, so apologies.

My fiancee and I went to the Monkey House for lunch the other day to use our fabby Spree book. While waiting for our food we saw the cutest little baby being sat on the table next to her mother and her friend.

We ate our meal and glanced over again to see the same little baby sat on the table, with mother and friend smoking right next to her and tapping their cigs into the ashtray sat right next to the wee tot.

This really really irritated me intensely. By all means pollute your own fucking lungs, but what hope does that poor wee bairn have of making it through childhood without asthma or breathing problems if that is how irresponsible the people who are supposed to care about her behave?

Children should not be allowed in smoking areas, at all. (I'd ban smoking in public places anyway, but that's been done before!)

I agree that that is a totally fucked up situation. Obviously the mother has no sense of responsibility, and i fully agree that children should be banned from smoking areas. Incidently were you sitting in the restaurant part of the monkey house? and if so why the hell do bar/restaurants still allow people to smoke in areas where food is being eaten? the sooner that bill is passed (i know there is some kind of bill governing this) the better.

Schmokin !

But havn't you noticed you can smoke in public all you want but .....if you fart !

Jings crivvens an help ma boab they look at you as if you had just sexually abused their cat.! (Not that I in any way support the abuse of the feline species.... well NOT that kind.... god I wish I hadn't started this....) :help:

Methane ? Yes

Cancer erm No!?

reminds me on apicture i saw out of an american newspaper it was about a woman who thought the noise of roadworks going on outside her house would effect her unborn baby and in the picture she was standing beside the roadworks smoking. ill go see if i can find the picture. but yeah i agree smoking near small kids shouldnt be done

Guest tv tanned

I realise that there's nothing I can do to stop people smoking in their homes around children, but by stopping it happening in a restaurant or other public place it at least gives them some respite.

And Ian, yes your way makes more sense. D'oh!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
OK' date=' this is an incident yesterday which really fucking pissed me off, so apologies.

My fiancee and I went to the Monkey House for lunch the other day to use our fabby Spree book. While waiting for our food we saw the cutest little baby being sat on the table next to her mother and her friend.

We ate our meal and glanced over again to see the same little baby sat on the table, with mother and friend smoking right next to her and tapping their cigs into the ashtray sat right next to the wee tot.

This really really irritated me intensely. By all means pollute your own fucking lungs, but what hope does that poor wee bairn have of making it through childhood without asthma or breathing problems if that is how irresponsible the people who are supposed to care about her behave?

Children should not be allowed in smoking areas, at all. (I'd ban smoking in public places anyway, but that's been done before!)[/quote']

For a Nationalist you're not very tolerant......

Guest tv tanned
For a Nationalist you're not very tolerant......

I like to think that my concern over the long term health of the nation's children might trump your fury at having to deal with customers in a customer service job...

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I like to think that my concern over the long term health of the nation's children might trump your fury at having to deal with customers in a customer service job...

As long as they are fine, Scottish citizens, of course.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I do hope that you're not accusing me of racism. Or my party for that matter.

Not racism, nationalism. Which is merely the first step on a road that can lead to racism. Although I'm not saying it always does, before you start.

Guest tv tanned

Interesting, cos your party wants independence too, or at least it claims to. Which could be construed as nationalism.

I am entirely pro-immigration, and I don't hate the English either*, despite common misconceptions.

* - well, maybe just their football commentators ;)

I'm a smoker and although I have a lot of issues with how the Governement obtains and presents it's "Facts" and research on the effects of smoking and find the proposed ban totally un-thought through, I still think it's ridiculous to smoke around kids, and no-one should be eating with their kids in a smoking area. I think you should be able to relax in a bar or pub and have a cigarette, but smoking in a restaurant is pretty unecessary if you have children, just go outside, nobody needs to smoke that constantly.