aberdeen-music

Kids These Days

A.Pel

Guest Tam o' Shantie

fucking cunts, my condolences but I swear a real rain will come down and wash all the scum off the streets soon, such as fucking kids. i really hate them. kids these days think they are fucking invincible, cheeky fuckers who think they are adults trying to pop shitty drugs to make them seem mature. i mean what the fuck - and this coming from someone who has just turned nineteen...

poor kid. scary that someone her age can get their hands on the stuff. But I suppose there's always someone at school who has the connections.

Poor kid? Fucking stupid kid.

Someone at school with connections? I don't know for certain but I would guess this happened at a club. You don't need connections to buy ecstacy in a night club.

more often than not, its bad drugs that kill people. thats of no consolation to the family and friends of the girl who died but surely if the government stopped wasting time and money promoting pointless anti drugs campaigns and started spending said time and money on more research into drugs and their effects some of these appaling deaths might be prevented. also more education on what to do if someone takes bad drugs or has a bad reaction would help.

drugs are part of modern life, from spliffs to crack cocaine, we have to accept it. there's too many dodgy dealers on the streets punting shite to innocent people who are just looking for a good time. but anyway at this time thats all irrelivant as another life has been needlessly wasted.

more often than not' date=' its bad drugs that kill people. thats of no consolation to the family and friends of the girl who died but surely if the government stopped wasting time and money promoting pointless anti drugs campaigns and started spending said time and money on more research into drugs and their effects some of these appaling deaths might be prevented. also more education on what to do if someone takes bad drugs or has a bad reaction would help.

drugs are part of modern life, from spliffs to crack cocaine, we have to accept it. there's too many dodgy dealers on the streets punting shite to innocent people who are just looking for a good time. but anyway at this time thats all irrelivant as another life has been needlessly wasted.[/quote']

Well said.

Guest neil ex

that'll likely be on the front page of the papers towmorrow i'd imagine.

to add to phat tom's point, no one at the age of 15 will use drugs responsibly but i don't know anyone that does except for one good friend. people i know took hallucinogens (magic mushrooms) for the first time at t in the park this year, knowing nothing about the drug. very fucking stupid. i couldn't think of a worse environment that inexperienced users would want to take mushrooms.

what are people's views on legalising drugs just out of interest? personally i'm swaying towards the idea.

Guest neil ex

Heh' date=' a guy I work at was trying to tell me that snorting coke is 'respectable' which amused me.[/quote']

i hate those fucking immature morons that think it's cool to take drugs and go around broadcasting it to the world, but that's kids (regardless of age), it's the same with everything. they're the ones that abuse drugs. you should have asked him why he felt the need to tell you that. i'm sure he wasn't trying to put forward an argument on why it's 'respectable' to use cocaine.

that'll likely be on the front page of the papers towmorrow i'd imagine.

to add to phat tom's point' date=' no one at the age of 15 will use drugs responsibly but i don't know anyone that does except for one good friend. people i know took hallucinogens (magic mushrooms) for the first time at t in the park this year, knowing nothing about the drug. very fucking stupid. i couldn't think of a worse environment that inexperienced users would want to take mushrooms.

what are people's views on legalising drugs just out of interest? personally i'm swaying towards the idea.[/quote']

i'm completely in favour of legalising drugs because more often than not its bad drugs and lack of education that leads to drug related deaths (which when compared to the amount of people who die each year from legal drugs such as cigarettes and alcohol are still very few).

instead of fighting against something thats with us and here to stay why not work with it instead?

i kinda agree with the idea of legalising drugs. the biggest problem with drugs is all the problems it brings. ie, drugs leads to more crimes etc.

if drugs were legalised, then crime would probably be cut, people would have less chance of dying on bad batches of drugs, there would be quality control which we don't have.

speed is rarely made up of more than 5% of the actual drug. the rest of it is usually just shite. just think about what cocaine, heroine, ecstasy etc is made up of?

Guest neil ex
i kinda agree with the idea of legalising drugs. the biggest problem with drugs is all the problems it brings. ie' date=' drugs leads to more crimes etc.

if drugs were legalised, then crime would probably be cut, people would have less chance of dying on bad batches of drugs, there would be quality control which we don't have.

speed is rarely made up of more than 5% of the actual drug. the rest of it is usually just shite. just think about what cocaine, heroine, ecstasy etc is made up of?[/quote']

well speed is said to be the drug most commonly cut with shite in it isn't it?

That's bullshit. I'm totally anti-drugs but for people to react by bad-mouthing kids in general is shocking.

I'm sure none of the people who think the girl was "fucking stupid" have made any mistakes in your life. I'm sure you're all perfect and have never succumb to peer pressure or been forced to do anything you didn't want to do.

It is an awful tragedy and I don't think any of you have the right to judge this one girl when you don't know her background.

It just seems to me that the nation has slumped so much in the past 5 years.

Drinking figures are increasing at a rate that couldn't even have been predicted 3 years ago... let alone 5.

I'm with Tom on this one. Everyone has a choice at the end of the day, everyone must understand the dangers they put themselves in. I have literally no sympathy for the girl, only her family and loved ones... Just putting herself in that situation is fucking stupid.

1) If it was through a friend, or just a random dealer, it was her own choice.

2) If it was in a club, what the fuck was she doing there? Bad things happen in clubs and pubs. Fact. At that age she probably was too naive to even be on the look out for getting drinks being spiked etc (eg: Everyone I know.... if they leave a drink unattended, they leave it for good).

It was her own fault as far as I'm concerned.

It's just shit that stuff like this is happening so much, more education should be given about what to do if someone has a bad reaction to drugs and the consequences of the drugs themselves. Enough of the patronising, "now, drugs are bad, kids" bollocks.

theres good drug education in schools today. theres no excuse for what this girl did. she should know the risks of taking ecstasy' date=' and should have had more sense not to do it in the first place :moody: [/quote']

As a side note and not an excuse in any way - remember how powerful peer pressure can be.

Sometimes blame can't be black and white.

Peer pressure?

If people I knew pressurised me into take something that could kill me.... I wouldn't class them as a friend.

I've been asked many times to take all sorts of crap, thankfully once I say no... the issue is dropped.