aberdeen-music

Babyshambles back on?

spooner

There's no need for the sarcasm... i was only meaning, that its either on or its off, but in the last 24 hours its been both... sometimes at the same time. It becomes harder and harder to get a crowd down to a gig, when 6/7 hours away from kick off... nobody can confirm it. So hopefully we can get a final answer.. I may think thta Mr Doherty is a waste of time, but if the band are serious about making it up to their fans, then good for them, their fans deserve it.

As this thread appears NME.com has the following story

BABYSHAMBLES will not be re-scheduling their doomed ABERDEEN gig for tonight (October 1) due to safety fears from local authorities.

Contrary to rumours circulating message boards, the gig, set to go ahead at the citys Kef venue, has been cancelled due to advice from the police and previous venue The Lemon Tree.

The band are now unsure as to when the gig will go ahead due to a tight touring schedule, but aim to play the city again in the near future.

As previously reported, the gig at the Lemon Tree ended in chaos after the last minute announcement that the band would not be playing. The reason given to the waiting punters was that Pete had fallen down the stairs and was unable to play.

Babyshambles will release their new single Killamangiro at the end of the tour. Released on Rough Trade, the single hits the shops on November 8.

To be honest after all this i would never go see him again if i was a fan. If anybody who i had paid good money to see did this then i would never go back to see them again. Hopefuly people will have the sense to just ignore him at least until he gets himself sorted out and fit to perform. But as we know people will stay to go see him and he will keep touring and probably be remember as he is at the moment and not the (suposively) good musicion that he is.

Guest stuartmaxwell
There's no need for the sarcasm... i was only meaning' date=' that its either on or its off, but in the last 24 hours its been both... sometimes at the same time. It becomes harder and harder to get a crowd down to a gig, when 6/7 hours away from kick off... nobody can confirm it. So hopefully we can get a final answer.. I may think thta Mr Doherty is a waste of time, but if the band are serious about making it up to their fans, then good for them, their fans deserve it.[/quote']

i wasnt being sarcastic :partyboy:

i really like the sound of em :gringo:

To be honest after all this i would never go see him again if i was a fan. If anybody who i had paid good money to see did this then i would never go back to see them again. Hopefuly people will have the sense to just ignore him at least until he gets himself sorted out and fit to perform. But as we know people will stay to go see him and he will keep touring and probably be remember as he is at the moment and not the (suposively) good musicion that he is.

But people WON'T have the sense, will they? Just look at the threads on here - people have practically been creaming themselves over an (alledged) gig at Kef tonight only 2 days after he pissed on them from a great height.

Pete Doherty needs profesional help - not just a bunch of sycophants swooning at his every word.

I can't help but think if he was just another junkie & stayed in the same street as you then his fans attitude would change dramatically.

But people WON'T have the sense' date=' will they? Just look at the threads on here - people have practically been creaming themselves over an (alledged) gig at Kef tonight only 2 days after he pissed on them from a great height.

Pete Doherty needs profesional help - not just a bunch of sycophants swooning at his every word.

I can't help but think if he was just another junkie & stayed in the same street as you then his fans attitude would change dramatically.[/quote']

Yeah i know your right they wont thats the sad thing. Even worse the more he tours the more money he will have and the more chance he will be buying smack. But as you say he needs someone to help him. What do the rest of his band say about it?? or are they just clining to his fame in the hope he might pull it round? Why have they not done anything about it?

Guest killamangiro

ahahaha, that's hilrarious without peter there'd be no new libertines album or up the bracket either, 11/14 songs on the new lp are bloody tabbed and wrote by peter, carls an arrogant toss pot, johns doesnt like the rock n roll side of things, fun bobby & billy bilo 4 life.

ahahaha' date=' that's hilrarious without peter there'd be no new libertines album or up the bracket either, 11/14 songs on the new lp are bloody tabbed and wrote by peter, carls an arrogant toss pot, johns doesnt like the rock n roll side of things, fun bobby & billy bilo 4 life.[/quote']

Can you get any more arrogant that taking the piss out of your fans showing them no respect ? Sounds like Pete's the one who's arrogant...

Cheers

Stuart

ahahaha' date=' that's hilrarious without peter there'd be no new libertines album or up the bracket either, 11/14 songs on the new lp are bloody tabbed and wrote by peter, carls an arrogant toss pot, johns doesnt like the rock n roll side of things, fun bobby & billy bilo 4 life.[/quote']

yes we all know you're perogative, and we all know how much you're in love with Pete, but for the love of god can't you see the damage he's doing not only to himself, but to the reputation of any band he is/was/will be associated with? Yes we all know how much of a torchered genius he is, and how great he is supposed to be lyrically, but come on, if Lennon and McCartney or Hendrix had pulled this shit in their time, do you honestly think we would be still be worshipping them as the greatest singers/songwriters of the last century?

Wake up and smell the Java man. Pete is the new Axel Rose, once promised so much now just taking the piss out of the fans!