aberdeen-music

Babyshambles last night

allstardawn

Johnny mac I agree with you... What exactly has this guy done? Apart from take drugs, mess peiple around, steal from bandmates and dissapoint fans... In my opinion... that desciption brings me to one conclusion... A nobody..

He should just take a clean break away from music, and sort himself out.

He's famous for his heroin antics more than his music. What a great guy. A bit like some other celebs, famous purely for being famous. But it's a typically British thing, to idolise and revere someone who is a little bit crazy and eccentric. They attempted to do it with John Lydon around the TV thing, but thankfully he didn't seem to play the game. Same old same old...

EH ?

for a refund ?

well' date=' if you didn't go, then you'll have the whole stub...

unless you went to the gig, found out "pete" wasn't playing, said "ach, fuck it, I awa in oneyfai"...not much chance of a refund after using the tcket .. no ?[/quote']

Did you not read the article? :p

it was only announced that he wasn't playing after the other bands had been on and gone, no?

Pete Docherty

You can understand people being angry at being given a no-show.Not to say there is an excuse for rioting and as someone said, it was in no way the Lemon Tree/ Lemon Tree Staffs fault, they shouldnt be getting the shit kicked out of them just for doing their job.

From what I heard it was the polices handling of the crowd which incited more rioting, however, this could run and run....

Thing is, people bought tickets for that show for two reasons.Some people are genuine Libertines/ Docherty/ Babyshambles fans who wanted to see an artist they enjoy perform.

The other group who bought tickets, went because theyd seen his picture in "The Sun"etc and wanted to see if he would turn up. They wanted a bit of chaos to happen and were probably expecting a no-show.

Neither group of people could honestly say that they were 100% shocked and surprised that he didnt play. Dissapointed yes but they knew the situation before they bought a ticket.

Had the band played a sub-standard 20/30 min set would the crowd have rioted anyway?Quite possibly because no-one likes being taken the piss out of.

I know several people who went and having seen the reaction on this board, it seens that people have had enough.He is clearly in no state to play well (if at all) and shouldnt be in a touring situation.

I liked the Libertines albums and appreciate Pete Docherty had a songwriting talent which has plenty of unseen potential. However, its not really about the music anymore, its more like a soap opera. Its a shame that like many others he could lose any talent he had to something like smack but he has to want to get better to really play a decent set. People are losing patience, interest and respect for him fast (judging by the songs his own fans were singing at the tour bus).

He is someone who needs serious help and he clearly doesnt seem to be getting from being on the road.

He should think about getting better rather than playing and stop wasting venues, promoters,fans and his own time.

a nobody? okay you made me laugh. anyways. i aint getting into this again' date=' same old boring shit, boring aberdeen, boring...[/quote']

To be fair though it's not like this is the only city that are pissed off with his antics - huge backlash on many forums and in general after pissing everyone about with non-appearances over the last 6 months. What a waster as they say.

a nobody? okay you made me laugh. anyways. i aint getting into this again' date=' same old boring shit, boring aberdeen, boring...[/quote']

Oh get your head out of your arse & your tongue out of Pete's.

This has NOTHING to do with "boring Aberdeen" - people paid money in good faith last night to see a man who's become synonymous with no shows at his concert dates. And what happens? That's right he doesn't turn up after "falling down the bus stairs". Who'd have bet on THAT, eh?

This guy has too many apologists & too many yes-men hanging around with him - he needs to clean himself up, get a bit more professional in his attitude towards to his fans & start treating people with respect.

Half-arsed free gigs by some strung-out junkie strumming a guitar don't make up for episodes like last night - he's in serious danger of alienating any remaing fans that he has.

The guy needs serious help - and I can't seem to see anyone doing that for him at the moment.

Did you not read the article? :p

it was only announced that he wasn't playing after the other bands had been on and gone' date=' no?[/quote']

I must adit, I am a bit confused on this one...I did just "check in"...

Well, if he "pulled the show" even after the support bands went on, surely some refund statement would have been issued by the lemon tree...

You could get your ticket refunded no worries then ?...

Having a ticket is proof of purchase anyway !

would it not have been compulsory to refund the money anyway ?

(do you want your money back ?...err, no thanks, I enjoyed my night without seeing the band I paid to see"...

I'll shut up now, as I am rambling..as usual.

i'm confused.

i went to the gig' date=' so did the two other people i bought tickets for. but after pete announced he wouldn't be playing i left (just like everyone else) what i mean is, i don't have the receipt that came thorough when i ordered my tickets, therefore have no proof of purchase, just the stub.

hmmm[/quote']

Yeah, if you have the stubb and valid ID as the purchaser we will issue a full refund.

And in answer to some of the other questions here, Pete was at the venue and the band did sound check.

I must adit' date=' I am a bit confused on this one...I did just "check in"...

Well, if he "pulled the show" even after the support bands went on, surely some refund statement would have been issued by the lemon tree...

You could get your ticket refunded no worries then ?...

Having a ticket is proof of purchase anyway !

would it not have been compulsory to refund the money anyway ?

(do you want your money back ?...err, no thanks, I enjoyed my night without seeing the band I paid to see"...

I'll shut up now, as I am rambling..as usual.[/quote']

You'll find this on the first page of this thread.

The Lemon Tree would like to issue the following statement on the events surrounding the hire of the venue by Bullet UK Promotions on the evening of 29th of September 2004.

The Lemon Tree was engaged by Bullet UK Promotions for a hire of the venue to stage a performance by Babyshambles, featuring Pete Doherty formerly of The Libertines on the 29th of September.

530 tickets were sold in advance for the performance with 280 sold via agents engaged by Bullet UK Promotions, and 250 through the Lemon Tree Box Office.

Three support acts had played to the audience. Around 30 minutes after Babyshambles were due onstage The Lemon Trees staff were informed by Bullet UK that Doherty, who was on the bands tour bus, was unable to play, due to having fallen down stairs.

Another member of the Babyshambles tour party then made a statement to the audience to this effect and further stated that the gig would not go ahead. Some of the audience became unruly, with one setting off a fire alarm resulting in the building being evacuated. Our staff attempted to inform as many of the audience as possible that refunds would be available for tickets bought through our Box Office in due course, and that for tickets bought through other agents to approach the appropriate point of sale.

Full refunds for tickets bought through The Lemon Tree Box Office are available to purchasers with valid ID.

Unfortunately, given that the concert was a hire by Bullet UK Promotions The Lemon Tree is unable to take further responsibility for the non-appearance of Babyshambles or for refunds for purchases made through other agencies.

Customers seeking refunds for tickets bought through other agencies are advised to contact the point of sale, these being:

www.ticketweb.co.uk

(customer service 08701 535353)

Babyshambles Ticket Hotline

0870 950 7262

There are no plans to reschedule the Babyshambles gig at this venue.

If your tour wasn't getting much press and you wanted a publicity stunt by pulling a gig at the last minute' date=' it's my guess you'd choose the aberdeen show where there won't be any music press to miss the gig.

Just a thought......

PS. was he even on the bus?, did they soundcheck?[/quote']

absolutely > NAIL-ON-THE-HEAD

Dochertys taking the piss

Guest killamangiro
If your tour wasn't getting much press and you wanted a publicity stunt by pulling a gig at the last minute' date=' it's my guess you'd choose the aberdeen show where there won't be any music press to miss the gig.

Just a thought......

PS. was he even on the bus?, did they soundcheck?[/quote']

he was on the bus, yes,

he wasnt out for soundcheck, he didnt leave the bus, the others did, i presume the roadies/tech guys some the sound check if not drew, gemma and pat

and the tours a sell out, so what you on about