aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Puma are too busy releasing their new line of dickhead boots

puma.jpg

They don't even match. On purpose. Inexcusable. Black boots should be the law.

I saw these the other day, I wondered why everybody was wearing two different colours. Nike have released new boots that have what looks like a sock attached to them; they're bloody horrid.

Love the new Dons kit though, definitely going to buy it.

If he doesn't go to Bayern or something crazy like that I still expect to see him at Arsenal.

The whole we don't need him thing is correct but also not 100% true.  Cesc can play many roles and we have Arteta (old), Rosiky (old), Wilshere (injury worry), Ramsey (injury worry) etc.  He would easily fit in and get plenty games.

The issue I have is that the noise from Barca is they don't like his attitude?  He basically forced his way out of Arsenal in the end and the whole team is much more together since he left so will he upset that?  I'm not sure, personally I'd take him back.  I'm sure Arsene would too.

Apparently Arsene was positively drooling over Griezmann's finish and play last night for France on French telly.  Compared him to Pires which from Arsene is exceptionally high praise as he rates Pires as one of his all time greatest players.  Rumours out there we are using the Vela buy back as a way to cut the price down on Griezmann, which would be great.

I'd take Fabregas at Manchester United, for sure. Barcelona are selling because they don't see him as valuable and want to get rid before he's worth nothing; playing him out of position has contributed to this in a big way. If he was at Man United he'd play much deeper, like he did at Arsenal, and tear the premier league a new one again. Aside from Carrick/Fletcher there isn't much competition in that area (Cleverly doesn't count due to him being pish) so he'd walk into the first team.

Arsenal, in my opinion, don't have the same need for that kind of player and should focus on buying a forward. I imagine he'll end up at Arsenal though, given back the armband too no doubt.

Sydney FC has opened discussions with star striker Shola Ameobi's representatives in a bold bid to lure the Nigerian international to the A-League. 

The Sky Blues want 32-year-old Ameobi, who played more than 300 matches for Newcastle United in England, to be their marquee star after the departure of Italian striker Alessandro Del Piero.

What a glorious couple of sentences. Del Piero's replacement...  :love:

• Upvote 1

NYCFC should take a punt on him. We (boyhood club) set our stall out with the Villa signing and word has it Lamps might be on his way. Should be a great season ahead.

*note: I jest. I think it's crazy there's now 3 NYC teams in existence, 2 of which aren't even proper teams yet and the 3rd, most established one is based 30 miles from the city.

Edited by ca_gere

Lampsy seems nailed on to join NYCFC, according to mostly reliable journos.

Also, I thought the MLS was different when it came to transfers. With Defoe and Dempsey, weren't they bought by the MLS (rather than the clubs they ended up at), and then assigned to a club by the league? Is that how all marquee signings work?

And what's the deal with the Cosmos now? Are they actually playing in some sort of league yet? Is Cantona still involved?

To get City around the FFP, could NYCFC not piss money up the wall for star players, and then loan them back to City? The FFP is just UEFA rules, so wouldn't apply to NYCFC, right?

There's a LOT of complicated rules and regulations to the whole transfer situation. It's no 'Arry + fax machine set up for sure. Villa will be a designated player (of which teams are allowed 3)

http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/roster-rules-and-regulations <== interesting read

The Cosmos play in the NASL (a step above Darren Mackie). NYCFC will play in next season's MLS at Yankee Stadium untill they build their own stadium. They only have one player so far so it'll be interesting who they'll bring in.

Of all the teams in the area NYCFC have the biggest chance to make some mad bank. There's definitely a paying audience for live football and the Red Bulls play just that few extra miles too far away to really make a dent on the NYC metro market. They do pull a nice crowd sometimes but they really aren't a New York team in the same way the Nets used to be.

I'm not sure what the plan for the Cosmos is. There was talk of them joining the MLS but Orlando and NYCFC got the spots they were after. I believe Cantona was brought in just as a PR piece (he's not in a role there anymore). They've got Marcos Senna playing for them at the moment and they play miles away on long island.

• Upvote 1

Frank Lampard looks set to move to the MLS, and he's also going to be retiring from international football after the World Cup.

English football without Lamps will be a little weird. He was almost a play-every-game sort of player. Rarely injured. I'll miss the way he moves around the pitch, always giving the thumbs up as he runs. Always positive, that Frank.

F-Lampard.jpg