aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Productive, but also required.

Very please we're seemingly doing proper scouting on players and acting early. With our European campaign starting in just a few weeks, we'll need to press on. Apparently Ash Taylor is excellent in FM (I've never encountered him personally).

Striker, winger and centre mid please. And a left back if there's room (Shinnie plz).

Productive, but also required.

Very please we're seemingly doing proper scouting on players and acting early. With our European campaign starting in just a few weeks, we'll need to press on. Apparently Ash Taylor is excellent in FM (I've never encountered him personally).

Striker, winger and centre mid please. And a left back if there's room (Shinnie plz).

According to McInnes we can expect 2-3 more signings. Ash Taylor has over played over 200 professional games and he's only 23; this is exactly the kind of signing that we need. I initially wondered why we are bothering with another centre half but it's going to be a long season, and Aberdeen obviously need as much depth as possible to compete right until the end.

Graeme Shinnie, Paul Coutts and Calum Higginbotham are the players I'd like to see us sign.

Why Cisse decide to stop being supreme, and to now only be really, really shit?

Was it just the 2 goals he scored last season?

Pardewed. The same thing has happened to almost all of our good players. Coloccini, Krul, Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon, Debunchy, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Cisse... all of these players have gone through periods of immense shitness over the past few seasons, despite their obvious talents. Pardew cannot coach footballers. There's just too much evidence to suggest otherwise.

The Dons are snapping up the players... Scott Brown and Ash Taylor.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20140528/dons-make-double-swoop_2212158_3863994

Yaldy. I heard about Taylor this morning, though I didn't want to post, as the guy who told me fancies himself as a bit of an ITK and had previously told me Aberdeen were on the verge of signing Aaron Taylor-Sinclair.

Never heard of either player but I've snooped around a Tranmere forum and their fans seem pretty gutted that Taylor's gone. The amount of games he's played for a 23 year old suggests he's pretty handy, too. He certainly can't be any worse than Alan Tate!

Similarly, Cheltenham fans have called the quest to replace Brown "mission impossible." Sounds like a decent couple of signings, and it's good to have come competition at CB and GK. I'd quite like a proper LB next, to be honest. I don't think I could stomach a full season of Clark Robertson.

I'm genuinely unenthused by any of the candidates for the Celtic job.

Roy Keane - would lose the dressing room fairly quickly if history is anything to go by. Tactically naive, prone to tantrums.

Malky Mackay - decent manager but I'm certain he'd jump ship if a decent English job came up.

Paulo DiCanio - lol, no.

Owen Coyle - already turned the job down, and similar to Malky in that he'd probably move quickly to work at a decent level in England again.

Michael Laudrup - only seems to have one good season at a club before losing interest.

I'd honestly take Jackie McNamara over any of that lot. Sure it'd be a risk, as he's still in the early stages of his career, but Neil Lennon had no managerial experience and for all the criticism he gets, Celtic fans love him, and he brought a lot of excitement back to the club after the latter stages of Strachan's reign, and Tony Mowbray's extended prank of a stint at Parkhead.

So there you go.

I'm genuinely unenthused by any of the candidates for the Celtic job.

Roy Keane - would lose the dressing room fairly quickly if history is anything to go by. Tactically naive, prone to tantrums.

Malky Mackay - decent manager but I'm certain he'd jump ship if a decent English job came up.

Paulo DiCanio - lol, no.

Owen Coyle - already turned the job down, and similar to Malky in that he'd probably move quickly to work at a decent level in England again.

Michael Laudrup - only seems to have one good season at a club before losing interest.

I'd honestly take Jackie McNamara over any of that lot. Sure it'd be a risk, as he's still in the early stages of his career, but Neil Lennon had no managerial experience and for all the criticism he gets, Celtic fans love him, and he brought a lot of excitement back to the club after the latter stages of Strachan's reign, and Tony Mowbray's extended prank of a stint at Parkhead.

So there you go.

moyes_1727193a.jpg

moyes_1727193a.jpg

Haha, I'm refusing to consider him as an option just because I absolutely don't see it happening. I'd be fine with Moyes though. He's proven himself as someone who is capable of assault, so he could aggressively win my heart <3

That would be an outstanding transfer window for Aberdeen like. Another striker would be great: Rooney, Shankland, +1 other, with Zola exiled to the moon.

Poor old Shola had a stinker last night. I don't think he's gonna make it to the World Cup :(.