aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

my god they love the EPL over here in Brazil, yesterday I watched Spuds v Man Poo followed by Southampton v Chelski then there was a choice at 3 PM, both the Man City and Arsenal games were on live.  And yes when there is a goal the commentator does shout 'GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL" every single time!

I've got a bottle of champagne in my cupboard that I bought ages ago, in anticipation of him leaving. It's going in the fridge when I get home, popped open if/when he goes, and then I'm going on a month-long bender. If you don't hear from me by February, send help.

• Upvote 1

It's absolutely brilliant. What a time to be alive!

We should be looking at extending Ryan Jack's contract in the summer - his deal runs until close season 2016. He is by far our most important player, and we should be building the team around him. Part of his new deal should be the vice captaincy probably. Basically placed so that if (when) he moves on it's for a reasonable sum. I'm going to be so sad the day it happens.

• Upvote 1

The Newcastle/Pardew situation is very contrasting depending on whether you're a Newcastle United supporter, or an anyone-else supporter. It seems that a great deal of non-Newcastle fans think Newcastle fans are bonkers for vehemently being so anti-Pardew.

Here's some snippets from the Pardew discussion on RedCafe, a primarily Manchester United forum, though plenty of non-United (non-Newcastle) fans have waded in on the topic as well, and most seem to be of the same opinion.

I don't think Newcastle fans are realising they will be losing a steady manager who will keep them in the top half of the table. They aren't going to get anyone better than him that wants to manage them i think

Pardew really hasn't done a bad job at Newcastle. Palace will do well to get him and I'm not sure who Newcastle think they can attract to actually improve; we all know they think they're still massive and significant but they're just not. Their playing staff turn over is ridiculous - and you don't blame the manager/DOF going for foreign talents all the time because given how many they bring in every season, their net spend is respectable.

Now he can leave on his own terms with two fingers up at the fans. He really didn't deserve the abuse he got.

(Pardew) Has had Newcastle punching above their weight

Some of Newcastle's fans have shown themselves to be hilariously short sighted, making websites wanting him to be sacked, then going all quiet when they had that winning streak.

he has left them in better shape than when he took charge, but the fans have given him nothing but stick because of their unrealistic ambitions for the club at the moment

He sure did prove me totally wrong during his time with Newcastle

To summarise. Newcastle are a midtable club, have a steady, unambitious and utterly unlikable midtable manager and they should just be happy with that, said a forum that wanted Moyes out by the end of October last year.

Andy, I predict you will react similarly to the above quotes:

515.gif

Pardew is a cunt. I'm not in anyway pro newcastle but they will be better off without them. He's tricked the world into thinking he's alright when actually Newcastle have a terrible record under him except for the odd period when ridiculous individual form has saved them. 

Derek McInnes is a gazillion times better.

You could be mistaken for thinking that Aberdeen have won the league, judging from my Facebook newsfeed.

Ahaha.  Obviously we're all delighted to be top of the league, but I don't think there's a single Dons fan out there that doesn't realise how tough it would be to stay there for the distance. We're just enjoying it while it lasts.

Really though, Celtic being 2nd in a supposedly one team league and ANYONE other than them being top after Christmas is fucking hilarious.  5 points separate the top five in what often seems regarded as the least competitive league in Europe.  It's brilliant.