aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

I'm disappointed for Southampton that it really does look like they'll just get torn apart this summer. I think it's about as good as appointment Spurs could have made though. I think the potential is there for a very good team to watch. Is Levy going to expect him to get top 4 next season, I don't see that happening.

I don't want Pochettino to learn any more English than he already knows. His translator is the fucking man. 

I hope Southampton get a decent manager in, and are able to invest the Shaw/Lallana money wisely. Losing two players of that callibre is an obvious blow, but they're going to get tens of millions of pounds for them. They'll be able to buy at least 5-6 quality, squad-boosting players with that dough, and they'll be a better all-round team for it. Kinda like what we did when Carroll bounced, although we have a stupid old herb managing us.

Some guy called Murat Yakin is favourite for the Southampton job. I've no idea who that is. TO WIKIPEDIA...

Hakan Yakin yeah... Swiss player. he was top goalscorer at a major tournament I remember

Edit: wikipedia tells me he was joint second top goalscorer. I remember he scored like 3 early goals or something and everyone was ya©kin on about him for about 5 minutes.

Edited by ca_gere

Big Spurs news on SSN this morning. Pochettino's translator WILL NOT be joining him at Spurs.

Expect the Queen's English from Big Mo' next season.

He can speak fluent English, according to what SSN were saying just now. They said he communicates with his players in English, and he often needs to correct his translator. He speaks how he wants.

Frederico Macheda is finally off United's books. 5 long years. Ole's taken him to Cardiff, where is just rebuilding the squad that he won the Youth Cup with at United. Fabio, Eikrem, Daehli, Frazier Campbell, and now Macheda. Hopefully he'll take Tom Cleverley too.

Rumour mill columns are just the way papers like the scotsman and guardian get away with reproducing trash stories while pretending that they're actually above it all themselves. One of the worst things about footy journalism around these days. 

Reporting on signings and managerial appointments should be banned until they have been officially announced. 

Rumour mill columns are just the way papers like the scotsman and guardian get away with reproducing trash stories while pretending that they're actually above it all themselves. One of the worst things about footy journalism around these days. 

Reporting on signings and managerial appointments should be banned until they have been officially announced. 

Agreed, I hadn't actually looked into it fully before posting. I hate empty speculation, even the Evening Express is guilty of it when labelling Aberdeen transfer 'targets'.

In all seriousness though, I'd like to see Owen Coyle at Celtic; ie a manager who isn't a complete wank.

Edited by givemeasmile

Too right. Twitter has alot to answer for too. So much bullshit. And sometimes even players fueling their own speculation.

Clubs could probably assist the situation, rather than keeping hush all the time. If they came out and poured cold water on the nonsense, it would probably stop happening.

Edited by Joda Serk

We've been linked with some awful shite thus far this window: Jack Colback and Darren Bent. Great. Brilliant. Thanks Alan.

I'd rather we just didn't sign anybody and played DA YOOF instead of bringing-in no-marks like Colback and Bent. We won't do that, though, because we're not at all good at developing youngsters, and Pardew loves him some good old-fashioned "experienced" English cloggers. Kind of interesting that two of his favourites, Gosling and Shola, have been let go against his wishes though.

I've no idea what our starting XI will look like on the first game of the season, but I imagine it'll still involve 4-4-2, defensive wingers, Mike Williamson and no Hatem Ben Arfa.