aberdeen-music

Game of Thrones TV Pace (no book spoilers)

Captain America

Yeah, it was a bit of a slow burner all round, but jesus christ that ending was fucking gruesome. I've never felt physically sick watching something before but that just about did it.

Peter Dinklage and Sophie Turner have been the standouts for me this season and I thought they were great in their individual scenes. 

I'm excited for next season as they've been casting a LOT of Dornish characters, including Oberyn's bastard daughters (not a spoiler, because that guy got around) and don't forget they've got Myrcella Baratheon as well. 

I am excited to see what they finish on this season. 

Maaaan. I kinda figured that it would go down like that. I'm a bit disappointed that Oberyn didn't just murder the big twat when he had the chance, but his role, from his very first appearance, was entirely focused on avenging his sister. It would've been too simplistic to have either man outright defeat the other, so I thought the outcome was pretty much perfect. Oberyn's hesitation and insistence on The Mountain's confession was such a brilliant character moment. Also, I'm pretty sure they've mentioned Oberyn's habit of fighting with a poisoned spear at some point (I have that in my head, for some reason, and I definitely haven't read the books)... so The Mountain's dead, too. Oberyn gets his retribution, though at an extreme cost. Great stuff.

I'm glad Sansa finally showed some bloody balls this week and all. They've been building towards this, but it looks like she's finally learned how to play the game. That moment when she stepped-up and lied for Littlefinger... beautiful, man. Beautiful. I look forward to whatever kind of puppeteering they get up to in the future.

Loved the look on The Hound's face when he heard of Lady Arryn's death. Should've ran away back to the safety of yer Scott's Porridge Oats when you had the chance, lad. Once again Arya is meters away from being reunited with a family member. Something tells me it's not gonna go so smoothly.

Can't wait for the final two episodes now. The preview for the next one looks like a total belter. EXCITEMENT. 

That big dude is a MONSTER :eek:  

Apparently he's the 3rd actor to play The Mountain.

Aye, the climax of the fight managed to turn even my stomach :puke:   - and I'm bastard NAILS.

Shame about Oberyn, he was a great character and I'm pretty sure The Mountain is fucked, maening that the fight was a draw - aye/naw?

There's no way they'll kill off Tyrion. I know GOT has a rep for killing off anybody but it seems clear that GRRM has some favourite characters (Tyrion, Arya, Danaerys) that I expect to be around until the very end (or at least close to it). 

It's a shame though that whatever will happen to Tyrion it's doubtful will ever get to see him with power and involved in King's Landing politics again, which is when he is best.

Well if he's definitely up for the chop I reckon Jamie is going to save him somehow.  

Maybe at the cost of his own life?  They've sort of made Jamie likable this season and it would be classic that they would then kill him.  Tyrion escapes and has to get on with no title or money and has to make it on his own?  I can see that.

They also have Cersei's daughter. I remember a conversation between her and Tyrion when the kid was sent away, about how the Martell's despise the Lannisters, but they needed to marry Myrcella into their family to prevent the Martells from siding with their enemies in the war. Shit's about to get interesting.

It's definitely about to pop-off. Another thing: the wildlings are getting pretty bloody close to Castle Black now, and they've been building-up to the attack for weeks. At the moment, the odds seem insurmountable: 105 members of the Night's Watch (cooks, stewards, and the few who survived the journey back from the Fist of the First Men) against thousands of Wildlings. Remember in season three, though, when Stannis was made aware of the situation on the wall, and planned on aiding them? He couldn't because he had no dough, or ships, at the time. After his visit to the Iron Bank a few weeks ago, he now has both of these things. Should be a pretty epic tear-up.

• Upvote 1

Everyone I've spoken to seems to believe that Jaime is going to bail Tyrion out. We already know of Jaime's relative disdain for his father, and he was pissing himself at the trial when it looked like Oberyn was gonna ice The Mountain. That, and the recent scenes with Tyrion and Jaime in the cell, tend to lead towards that. I don't actually think Tyrion'll die: it seems like too obvious an outcome for a show that twists and turns so well.

I love Stannis. He's a completely miserable prick with almost no redeeming qualities, so I'm not sure why I like him, but I do. I reckon he's gonna swoop in at the last gasp in the wildlings/Castle Black battle, just when all hope is lost, and lay the smackdown on the wildlings' candy asses, just like in the WWE.