aberdeen-music

Game of Thrones TV Pace (no book spoilers)

Captain America

I've got a feeling that I've had something quite big spoiled for me from the next episode. There was a few weeks ago (that was quickly deleted) which I wasn't sure if it was real or not and kind of forgot about. Now on another forum I saw a bit of another spoilery post before the mods got to it and it made me think about the post from here. I've added two and two together and have an idea of something big that might happen in the next episode. Hopefully two and two made five and I'm way off but I'm going to be thinking about it during all of the next episode now.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm fucking buzzing at the prospect of Stannis Baratheon's theme music hitting towards the end of the battle at the Wall this week, then him and his boys coming down and 3D'ing all the Wildlings through a bunch of tables, then drinking a few Steveweisers with Jon Snow. If this doesn't go down, I'm never watching another episode.

Edited by Murrr
  • Upvote 1

I've got a feeling that I've had something quite big spoiled for me from the next episode. There was a few weeks ago (that was quickly deleted) which I wasn't sure if it was real or not and kind of forgot about. Now on another forum I saw a bit of another spoilery post before the mods got to it and it made me think about the post from here. I've added two and two together and have an idea of something big that might happen in the next episode. Hopefully two and two made five and I'm way off but I'm going to be thinking about it during all of the next episode now.

Well that's horribly vague and now I need to know what it is. Spoiler tags? Promise I won't confirm/deny it. I'm just nosey.

Edited by KarmaTsunami

ok, potential spoiler, don't read unless you're karmatsunami or another book reader.

Alkaline posted in this thread that John Snow dies. I didn't know if it was true or not and anyway he didn't say when. A post on another board said that a main character will die in the next episode and as I'm expecting a battle with the wildlings I obviously thought of John Snow.

As far as this bloody incredible season goes, that was a pretty average episode for me, but "pretty average" in a Game of Thrones Season Four context effectively means "great."

Disappointed my boy Stannis didn't rock-up with Davos and that Sex Pirate they keep recruiting, but whatevs. I think that might be coming next season? Thinking about how slowly this thing moves, it was probably expecting a big much for him to show up at the wall so soon after visiting the Iron Bank. 

There were lots of good character moments in this episode. I really warmed to Thorne, which is weird, because I've always despised him and didn't really see him acting any differently to how he normally does, except in that brief moment where he kinda sorta admitted that Jon was right about sealing the tunnel. Slynt, though... he deserves a wildling death. Twat.

I'm still a bit torn on Jon Snow. I thought he was finally gonna man up, then Ygritte appeared and he got all soft again. Come on, Jon. I know that you're supposed to be all three dimensional and all, but you can be that without being a whimpering emo gimp at the same time. Still, he turned it around at the end with his plan. My bet is that he's going to find Mance, and they're going to run into a far greater foe. It's a 66 minute episode next week, so I'm expecting all kinds of stuff to go down.

It's terrible that wonderful Ygritte is dead.

But yeah, that wasn't what I was hoping for. No shit hot episode 9 'what the fuck!' to lead into the finale. Just a pretty decent scrap... I suppose I've felt pretty spoiled this season. Next one's going to leave us in near physical pain for a year, isn't it.

It was pretty cool to see how the characters changed in the face of imminent death, as foreshadowed by Aemon's "young love" monologue early in the episode. Thorne remained a complete shit, but proved himself as a fierce commander. Grenn manned-up, lost a lot of his usual buffoonery and provided the episode's most powerful moment. Pyp started absolutely hopelessly, then finally killed a Wildling, only to be smackdowned a few seconds later. His role in this episode really did hammer home that all that stands between the Wildlings and the rest of the world is a castle of 100-or-so terrified boys.

I don't have a massive problem with Snow's plan actually. It's either that or stay and die at the wall, like he said. Few in Westeros know about what's going down up north, and everyone else has either dismissed it or doesn't care. On the surface it looks like he's marching to his death, but we know it won't be as straightforward as that.

I'm really excited for the interaction between him and Mance, whether it comes this season or next. I'm pretty certain that the last time they spoke, Mance made it clear that uniting the tribes was more about fleeing the White Walkers than the "THEY TOOK OUR LANDS!" brettthain1 spiel that Tormund was spitting. I reckon things are about to finally get interesting up there, which is long overdue. Mance is an excellent character so fingers crossed he can work Jon Snow out of his tedious GRUMPY JON->MELANCHOLY JON->FIGHTING JON boom/bust cycle.

• Upvote 1

I was speculating last night with the gf about what will actually be in the final episode.

I don't reckon there's much going on with Danny so hopefully they wont waste much time over there.

Also would be surprised if we see Brienne for more than maybe five minutes of some comic relief. 

I think we'll maybe see the Hound and Arya and what's going on there.

Tyrion's fate has to be shown in this one, whether he escapes or at least gets some hope.

John looking for Mance will take up a large chunk of the episode I reckon.

Stannis showing up at the last possible minute to save those still surviving at the wall.  Hopefully.

I've got it decided in my head that Stannis is DEFINITELY going to play the role of some kinda daft pro-wrestling hero and save the day. I'm gonna be so disappointed when he does turn-up and just grumps around a bit, before letting Davos, the Sex Pirate and Melisandre do all the cool stuff. One thing I can say about this show is that they've done such an excellent job of making a wholly dislikeable shit like Stannis, who has almost no positive traits, one of my favourite characters.

• Upvote 1