aberdeen-music

Game of Thrones TV Pace (no book spoilers)

Captain America

Her story needs to get more interesting soon, it has just reached that point of repetitiveness. I can't really see what they can do with it though. It seems clear that eventually it is intended for her to reach Westeros in a position of power so either she keeps marching towards it more or less unopposed or she has some big set back which she then has to recover from. Either way it's hard to see it not being a repeat of what's gone before.  

Agreed.  The less I have to hear about the kid with the bow and arrows trying to explain something very obvious as mysteriously as possible, the better.  It feels like someone making a stretched out business seminar.  Bran can possess things, because somehow he's magical.  Got it.  I don't think anyone's really going to give a fuck how he got magical.  There's not going to be an amazing logical explanation.

I've never really been into the magical aspect of things as much either. I hated it when Renley got killed by some mysterious black shadow the red lady gave birth too. I watch for the great characters and all the back stabbing politics of it all. I don't want people dying just because a medieval Debbie McGee turns up and waves a wand. The animal possession falls in the same category. 

On the other hand, I really liked the Whitewalker stuff north of the wall.  It seems a shame that at some point the great backstabbing and character dynamics will have to make way for a bit of CGI heavy magic action though.  All the build up will have to make way for all the humans grudgingly teaming up at some point surely.  That will be a shame.

I'm finally up to date so I can join in!  Littlefinger has to be the cuplrit for Joffrey's poisoning, I wonder if he got the Maester involved? 

I agree about the characters having to team up to fight the whitewalkers, with dragon glass being the only weapon against them.  I don't know if that would be a bad thing though.

The black shadow thing pissed me off, where the hell has it disappeared to or was it only meant to survive until it killed Renly? 

I'm finally up to date so I can join in!  Littlefinger has to be the cuplrit for Joffrey's poisoning, I wonder if he got the Maester involved? 

I agree about the characters having to team up to fight the whitewalkers, with dragon glass being the only weapon against them.  I don't know if that would be a bad thing though.

The black shadow thing pissed me off, where the hell has it disappeared to or was it only meant to survive until it killed Renly? 

Littlefinger is involved but it's definitely Olenna that's the mastermind.  She seems to be pulling all the strings.

They totally flashed over the dragon glass thing didn't they in season 2.  That was a shame as I think a lot of people who don't discuss it lots outside of watching it will have missed it.

Davos is one of my favourite characters at the moment.  He's just great.

I'm not sure I like the idea of everyone teaming up to face the whitewalkers. It seems a bit too much like bad fan fiction. If the show turned into good humans against evil dead creatures there wouldn't be much interest in it. I like the whitewalkers in their role as being a mythical cause of fear to those in the north but I don't really look forward to them being involved much more.

Agreed on Davos, he's a great character. I' was very happy he survived Stannis' madness.

I'm more and more coming to the idea that Tywin might have been involved in the killing, it's just too convenient for him. 

I'm not sure I like the idea of everyone teaming up to face the whitewalkers. It seems a bit too much like bad fan fiction. If the show turned into good humans against evil dead creatures there wouldn't be much interest in it. I like the whitewalkers in their role as being a mythical cause of fear to those in the north but I don't really look forward to them being involved much more.

Agreed on Davos, he's a great character. I' was very happy he survived Stannis' madness.

I'm more and more coming to the idea that Tywin might have been involved in the killing, it's just too convenient for him. 

I don't think Tywin was he seemed genuinely annoyed but he knows it's better for him in the long run.  Joff was too into the idea of being King and also mental.

The younger boy can be molded into exactly what Tywin wants.

Let's be real though.  He's never going to make it to be a real king.  The Lannisters are not going to keep the Iron Throne.  No fucking chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFZen-XO5II

Feel like we should all pay attention to this.

Little finger has the key to the North but why has Olenna let this happen..?  She was warned.  Maybe they are allies... if highgarden has the North as well they should have the power to overthrow the Lannisters...

I love all the possible goings on in Game of thrones I could watch twice as many episodes as they put out.

After Olenna interfering and fucking up Littlefinger's plans to sneak Sansa out of the city, maybe they have come to an agreement?  I did think Tywin was maybe involved, but after his chat in the brothel I don't think that's the case anymore.

Will he find Tyrion guilty though?  With Jaime not taking his inheritance, he only really has Tyrion now. 

They keep asking about Shae too, so I'm guessing she hasn't left the city.  I'm expecting Cersei to have intercepted - I actually thought the big surprise at the wedding would be Shae getting tortured, instead of the dwarves.

I don't think Shae will have left the city.  Bronn was way to convinced she got on that ship.

I think she'll show back up sometime this season.

I was of the same opinion that surely Tywin will save Tyrion as Jamie cant really carry on the Lannister name.  Especially now he only has one hand and can barely fight.  Being a great swordsman was literally his only thing.

I'm not so sure now though some of the scenes in the last episode really made it seem like he's screwed in that dungeon.  Let's not forget poor Ned's last days in that dungeon.

I hope not though I love Tyrion as a character and he would be such a loss to the show!

I will not be pleased if Tyrion gets the chop. Thankfully I don't think he will. As much as they say no character is safe I think there are a few such as Arya, Tyrion and Danaerys who I'd would happily bet will be there until the very end. Or at least very near to it. I think they are favourites of the author and wouldn't be killed off just for shock value.