aberdeen-music

Meat & Cheese Sandwich

James Broonbreed

xSEEDEDxBATCHx FTW!11!

White bread is king though. Especially a fresh baked Tiger loaf or something. There's a reason why you don't really get wholemeal Tiger loaf. Because brown is shite.

For a good mass made supermarket white loaf, Hovis doorstop is the bollocks. It's like they take it out of the oven about 5 minutes too early, so it's doughy as fuck. ACE.

It feels wierd saying this having suffered as many hangovers throughout my life as i have, but ive never had a pie sandwich. At least like this one.

I was offshore a few weeks back and it was a normal midnight meal, until a certain Glaswegian ( storeman ) made a Steak Pie sandwich ( well 2 actually ). 2 of those ace over sized rolls that you can get and 2 Steak pies mushed down so it filled the whole of the bread!! I couldnt keep my eyes off them!! i wanted to hug him!! I wish he was my dad!!

Bread :::

Brown sauce ::::

Pie ::::

Butter ( i think..............i hope ) :::::

Bread :::

Edited by fertuiee
  • Upvote 2

I had a godlike baby sandwich the other day:

Sliced tiger bread, chicken liver & chorizo pate onto the bread, applewood smoked cheese on top of half of the pate, slices of chorizo on top of the cheese, fold the rest of the pate covered bread onto the top of the chorizo.

I'm going to have another one just now since my appetite calls for it following this post.

ham and cheese

nae into portentous shite, naebody even heard of a chorizo till about 2 years ago.

they are hipster donkey meat sausage 

I feel sorry for you.

Someone needs to fix you a spread with some sopresetta, proscuito, some figs, honey, a few select semi-soft and hard washed rind cheeses, washed down with a glass of Rioja. Maybe throw in a few stuffed olives or some pickled artichoke hearts if you're feeling crazy.

seriously though, I know you're probably joking but not eating great food because it's new/foreign is very old fashioned and means you miss out on a lot of great stuff.

I love a proper chip butty. Big, floury bap, greasy chips coated in vinegar. Butter. Indigestion. 

Chip butty goes without saying. It is a total heartclogger. A beaut.

You don't get them up here (I don't think) but back home at chippies you get Scallops (not to be confused with the seafood) which is a big slice of potato (usually a slice about 1cm thick, and the diameter of a soft roll, conveniently) deep friend in batter. Surprised you don't get them in Aberdeen chippies. You deep fry everything else!

Scallop Butty. Thug life.

Edited by Joda Serk

Chip butty goes without saying. It is a total heartclogger. A beut.

You don't get them up here (I don't think) but back home at chippies you get Scallops (not to be confused with the seafood) which is a big slice of potato (usually a slice about 1cm thick, and the diameter of a soft roll, conveniently) deep friend in batter. Surprised you don't get them in Aberdeen chippies. You deep fry everything else!

Scallop Butty. Thug life.

That sounds amazing. I'm gonna make some of them soon.