aberdeen-music

British pubs enforce smoking ban

Untitled

How earth can you read Kerouac and still wish us to die for being pro-smoking?

And I think Keilan's post was designed to be anti-smoking not pro-smoking.

You don't get irony and you don't smoke :rolleyes:

What the fuck has reading Kerouac got to do with this? And it's not always possible to detect irony from writing on a screen cos it's usually expressed through the tone of someones voice. And I don't really wish you to die do I? And certainly not for being pro-smoking, just for stating that you should be able to do something where and when you want regardless of the detriment to other people. It's just selfish.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laughing: me and ross nearly died when we read that! cheers :up:

:laughing: please don't stop

... ... ... ...no ("pwnd")

Please elaborate, although i should have said "licensed premises". And you changed my name to "ashtray", surely that should have ended in first year along with the homosexuality accusations. You and Dayeth are just jealous cos my surname means "pirate".

Guest Jake Wifebeater
What the fuck has reading Kerouac got to do with this? And it's not always possible to detect irony from writing on a screen cos it's usually expressed through the tone of someones voice. And I don't really wish you to die do I? And certainly not for being pro-smoking' date=' just for stating that you should be able to do something where and when you want regardless of the detriment to other people. It's just selfish.[/quote']

How the hell was anyone supposed to interpret "I hope you all die. Soon. Smoking related" ? How the fuck could that have been interpreted ANY other way?

How the hell was anyone supposed to interpret "I hope you all die. Soon. Smoking related" ? How the fuck could that have been interpreted ANY other way?

I'm not saying you should have interpreted in any other way, I'm just taking it back and saying that I don't genuinely wish death upon. I forgive you cos I'm nice like that.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I'm not saying you should have interpreted in any other way' date=' I'm just taking it back and saying that I don't genuinely wish death upon. I forgive you cos I'm nice like that.[/quote']

OK,that's good enough for me, let's move on. Pity we can't smoke the pipe of peace, eh? (Joke!)

What the fuck has reading Kerouac got to do with this?

Just thought it might have taught you a bit of dignity and good grace about choices people make.

Out of interest, would you tell a motorist making an unnessecary journey down a busy street making you breathe is car fumes (which are hugely unhealthy and actually have PROVEN links to causing cancer), that you wish him to die in a road related accident.

The Government have done a pretty good job in creating a new "Big Three" though, fuck Cancer, Heart Disease and Lung Disease.....

1)Terrorists

2)Peadophiles

3)Smokers

Don't travel or go to any form of large event, Lock up your children and for the LOVE OF GOD!.....do not go into a smokey bar, never mind the fact that many of your elderly relatives probably spent large amounts of their time in them and are still perfectly well, think of Roy Castle and all the others like.....well all the others!

Just thought it might have taught you a bit of dignity and good grace about choices people make.

Out of interest' date=' would you tell a motorist making an unnessecary journey down a busy street making you breathe is car fumes (which are hugely unhealthy and actually have PROVEN links to causing cancer), that you wish him to die in a road related accident.

The Government have done a pretty good job in creating a new "Big Three" though, fuck Cancer, Heart Disease and Lung Disease.....

1)Terrorists

2)Peadophiles

3)Smokers

Don't travel or go to any form of large event, Lock up your children and for the LOVE OF GOD!.....do not go into a smokey bar, never mind the fact that many of your elderly relatives probably spent large amounts of their time in them and are still perfectly well, think of Roy Castle and all the others like.....well all the others![/quote']

Alright, that Kerouac thing. I'm happy for anyone to smoke if they want, I'm just not happy for people to pollute my lungs or suggest that I just shouldn't go into bars and pubs if i don't want my health damaged. I already took back the comment about wishing you three to die, I was just angered how you had the audacity to suggest non-smokers should have to put up with someone else's bad habit damaging their health. And my elderly relatives are all fuckin dead you cunt with the exception of my father's mother who was never one for pubs and bars. And on the subject for good grace and diginity don't make light of Roy Castle death.

And my elderly relatives are all fuckin dead you cunt with the exception of my father's mother who was never one for pubs and bars. And on the subject for good grace and diginity don't make light of Roy Castle death.

If it's a competition, I've seen 2-3 relatives go in the last couple of years, but I don't think that's totally relevant at the moment, and I don't really think littering a sentence about the death of your relatives with the words "fuckin" and "cunt" is entirely appropriate but that's your call.

Did any of these relatives die from diseases brought on by spending time in smokey enviroments, or did they just die of illnesses that the governments "100% conclusive and in no way altered or edited " research, has linked to smoking?

And I am not making light of Roy Castles death, I just find it obscene that this one man has become the argument stopping point-prover of every anti-smoker in Britain, how can you possibly credit his death solely on passive smoking, people contract illnesses like cancer all of the time without smoking I have relatives who've contracted cancer without ever touching a cigarette and barely setting foot in a bar.

I hate to bring up the same argument over and over again, but CAR FUMES are incredibly poisonous, not only do they rip a hole in the O-Zone layer, they rip a hole in your lungs. Try going to Picadilly Circus, you'll be fucking choking on car fumes before you even catch a sniff of a cigarette.

On the topic of clubs and pubs etc, I think it would be perfectly reasonable to have smoking sections and non-smoking sections, just like in a restaurant, I'm not a heavy smoker and I don't need to be at it every minute so that would be fine. When have you ever gone and sat in a no-smoking section in a restaurant and ever been bothered by smoke?

If it's a competition' date=' I've seen 2-3 relatives go in the last couple of years, but I don't think that's totally relevant at the moment, and I don't really think littering a sentence about the death of your relatives with the words "fuckin" and "cunt" is entirely appropriate but that's your call.

Did any of these relatives die from diseases brought on by spending time in smokey enviroments, or did they just die of illnesses that the governments "100% conclusive and in no way altered or edited " research, has linked to smoking?

And I am not making light of Roy Castles death, I just find it obscene that this one man has become the argument stopping point-prover of every anti-smoker in Britain, how can you possibly credit his death solely on passive smoking, people contract illnesses like cancer all of the time without smoking I have relatives who've contracted cancer without ever touching a cigarette and barely setting foot in a bar.

I hate to bring up the same argument over and over again, but CAR FUMES are incredibly poisonous, not only do they rip a hole in the O-Zone layer, they rip a hole in your lungs. Try going to Picadilly Circus, you'll be fucking choking on car fumes before you even catch a sniff of a cigarette.

On the topic of clubs and pubs etc, I think it would be perfectly reasonable to have smoking sections and non-smoking sections, just like in a restaurant, I'm not a heavy smoker and I don't need to be at it every minute so that would be fine. When have you ever gone and sat in a no-smoking section in a restaurant and ever been bothered by smoke?[/quote']

I just found it bizzare that you seemed to assume that my elderly relatives all went to smokey bars and all were alive and in good health. I was just informing you that your assumption was wrong. And I swore cos your assumption angered me, the cursing was not directed towards my deceased grandparents and as such i don't think it's inappropriate. And no none of them died of smoking related illness but as i stated that wasn't why i brought them up. I ain't arguing on the Roy Castle point, i'd just rather not take the risk as far as cancer is concerned and smoking fills your lungs with tar and contributes to the clogging of arteries as well so it's not all about cancer. And stop it with all the government conspracies if they didn't genuinely think smoking was the cause of illness then they wouldn't be taking steps to reduce it cos it wouldn't be a drain on NHS resources and they also need the tax from cigarettes. I don't think a ban on cars is in anyway realistic so that's a bit of an irrelevant argument. And I think the smoking/non-smoking sections like they have in restaurants sounds like a reasonable idea. I never once actually stated that i would support a full ban on smoking in bars and pubs just that smokers are often inconsiderate to non-smokers.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i can't be assed reading this but listen to my opinions, then realise what a moron you are:

1. the ban is for smoking AT THE BAR, not in pubs or clubs generally speaking, you insane cunts. read it you morons then get it.

2. wether or not smoking is bad for your health or not, it's fucking repulsive and makes me feel ill. don't tell me to go 'somewhere else then min' or you are the king of cunts. because non-smokers cannot avoid smoke.

i can't be assed reading this but listen to my opinions' date=' then realise what a moron you are:

1. the ban is for smoking AT THE BAR, not in pubs or clubs generally speaking, you insane cunts. read it you morons then get it.

2. wether or not smoking is bad for your health or not, it's fucking repulsive and makes me feel ill. don't tell me to go 'somewhere else then min' or you are the king of cunts. because non-smokers cannot avoid smoke.[/quote']

Sorry mate, couldn't be assed reading that.

What a bunch of petty little arguements.

The whole "right to smoke" thing is a bit wishful thinking, sad though it may be, living in a state limits rights. So enough of your moaning about civil liberties, just go a long with it, or go somewhere where you can smoke.

Swingin' Ryan, why on earth would the government seek to ban smoking if it wasn't such a drain on the NHS? Enough with the conspiracies against smokers. The amount of money that the government makes from taxes is bound to go down, there is no financial incentive there.

I'm not overly bothered by any of this, it probably just means people will get fatter eating at bars rather than smoking, and then the NHS will still suffer, but ah well.