aberdeen-music

British pubs enforce smoking ban

Untitled

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest neil ex

Try smoking some DMT only if you want to, and only if you're going to be responsible about it.

That's what i meant.

I'm not a dealer. I think it'd be pretty hard to come across in Aberdeen, I don't know what your best bet would be.

Guest neil ex
your a fun guy...lets all use drugs...hay hay...lets look at pictures of turkey's on bar b q's...lets have fun...ho ho...lets smoke lots and be proud and laugh and chew gum.

Are you joking me, G?

Guest neil ex

What's wrong with chewing bubble gum though and having a laugh? ;)

Nicotine's a drug. Are you against people drinking alcohol aswell? Having a cup of Coffee?

I'm not trying to promote drug use, and I certainly wouldn't want to glamourise it either. People abusing drugs, being misinformed, buying shite drugs, being pressurized into taking drugs is a massive problem.

I'm not sure what the death count regarding DMT is, but I'd imagine it would be close to 0.

What's wrong with chewing bubble gum though and having a laugh?
Not a thing
Are you against people drinking alcohol aswell?
as well as what
I'm not trying to promote drug use' date='[/quote'] yes you are

I'm not sure what the death count regarding DMT is, but I'd imagine it would be close to 0.

close to 0 is far too many

That brings up an interesting point' date=' if you or any of the other "passive smoking causes health problems not proven" people were the parents of young children, would you happily smoke in their environment and allow others to? And if not, why not?[/quote']

Back to the thread.....

Is anyone gonna comment on this?

Guest neil ex

You're against people taking illegal drugs, are you against people having a drink aswell? That's what I mean.

Tell me how I'm trying to promote drug use.

How many people do you think have died from using DMT responsibly (not that I've heard of any DMT related deaths)?

You're against people taking illegal drugs' date='[/quote']I have never said that, although I do have personal issues with it, I fear for people who use drugs, there is no responsible way to use drugs.
are you against people having a drink aswell
not at all, I like a drink.
Tell me how I'm trying to promote drug use.
"Here mate, try smoking some of this.."
How many people do you think have died from using DMT responsibly (not that I've heard of any DMT related deaths)?
It was you who said the number of deaths would be "close to 0" close to is not 0 and 1 death would be far too many. You keep using the word "responsibly" In my opinion anyone who consumes a class "a" drug has already proved they are iresponsible....my opinion is of course biased.

Guest neil ex

You're right when you say close to 0 is too many..

You're saying there's no responsible way to use drugs, though you say you like to have a drink. Of course you can use drugs responsibly, that goes with all sorts of drugs. Do you get smashed every time you have a drink? Go cause a bit of mayem? 'Wake up' in a gutter? Alcohol is seen to be a socially acceptable drug and a 'safe' drug in this country because it's legal, and is so widely used. Do you not think there is a massive problem with underage drinking? People drinking irresponsibly? Alcohol abuse? Alcohol addiction? Go walk down Union Street on a Saturday morning after all the clubs have closed and tell me there isn't a problem. I bet you wouldn't like to see alcohol banned, and if it was banned, do you think it would solve any problems?

On the other hand. I think the general public are too widely misinformed about drugs, and that is a massive problem in itself. Drugs are something people will use whether they're made legal or illegal, so surely it's better that people that take drugs know about what they're taking, and aren't just told that they're evil things, and to avoid them like anthrax.

You're right when you say close to 0 is too many..

You're saying there's no responsible way to use drugs' date=' though you say you like to have a drink. Of course you can use drugs responsibly, that goes with all sorts of drugs. Do you get smashed every time you have a drink? Go cause a bit of mayem? 'Wake up' in a gutter? Alcohol is seen to be a socially acceptable drug and a 'safe' drug in this country because it's legal, and is so widely used. Do you not think there is a massive problem with underage drinking? People drinking irresponsibly? Alcohol abuse? Alcohol addiction? Go walk down Union Street on a Saturday morning after all the clubs have closed and tell me there isn't a problem. I bet you wouldn't like to see alcohol banned, and if it was banned, do you think it would solve any problems?

On the other hand. I think the general public are too widely misinformed about drugs, and that is a massive problem in itself. Drugs are something people will use whether they're made legal or illegal, so surely it's better that people that take drugs know about what they're taking, and aren't just told that they're evil things, and to avoid them like anthrax.[/quote']

Im sorry but I do not, nor will I ever agree with your argument about drugs in our society today.....

Drugs should be legalised....yes, all of them, did that shock you?

When you drink alcohol you know what you are getting, and its up to the individual to monitor how much they consume, which of course gets harder the more you've had. With drugs you have no fucking idea what you are ingesting.

Yes booze is harmful and dangerous when its consumption goes beyond a certain limit, but I know I can walk into a bar, order a large McAllan, drink it, and live.

Question...how dangerous do you think a single dose of methadone is?

I think drugs should be legalised across the board so they can be policed......

Drug dealers caught in the act of selling smack shoud be shot on sight....

Anyone under 18 caught under the influence of a narcotic (or drink, why not) should be subject to randon urine tests, a positive test should result in a short stay in prison....

Guest tv tanned

what is to stop someone purchasing legal drugs, cutting them with unknown substances and then allowing people to take them unwittingly.

It wouldn't necessarily be dealing in the sense you describe, but legalisation of drugs offers absolutely no real safeguards at all.

And as to this bit:

Anyone under 18 caught under the influence of a narcotic (or drink, why not) should be subject to randon urine tests, a positive test should result in a short stay in prison....

What if they are younger than 16? Still off to prison with them?

what is to stop someone purchasing legal drugs' date=' cutting them with unknown substances and then allowing people to take them unwittingly.

It wouldn't necessarily be dealing in the sense you describe, but legalisation of drugs offers absolutely no real safeguards at all.

And as to this bit:

What if they are younger than 16? Still off to prison with them?[/quote']

I may not have thought out the finer points of this, but its better than doing nothing as is the case now.

Do you worry that the drink you buy in a pub has been blended with rat poison or talcum powder....get my point?

No under 16's would get a sound thrashing with a belt.....the buckle end! :rolleyes:

what is to stop someone purchasing legal drugs' date=' cutting them with unknown substances and then allowing people to take them unwittingly.

[/quote']

Why would anyone do that?

The only reason dealers do that just now is to increase the weight, more for their money.

If it was legal there would be no need for manufacturers to adulterate it because most of the costs incurred in selling drugs come from the fact that it's illegal.