aberdeen-music

Dogs

framheim

My parent's dog always find the muddiest, smelliest puddle to roll in, even when it's not been raining for a few days.

Why do they do that i wonder? It must be instinctual but i can't think of any situation in nature which would warrant covering yourself in shit. Maybe it's a dirty protest against the oppressive human dictatorship?

my thought is that it's to mask their own smell so they don't scare off the animal they are hunting.

I think its just because dogs are mischievous little things when they want to be. My dog ripped up a bag the other day in my flat when i was through the house, and i knew she had done something before i came back through because she was sitting in the hallway looking chuffed with herself and when i went back into the living room she ran straight to her bed under the cat tree and just looked at me. They know they are being dicks, but they just dont care.

My little pup has discovered that she quite likes the sea. We had our lab Willow down at the beach last night as well and she was rolling about in the big piles of rotten, washed up seaweed. Was a good laugh until I remembered I took them to the beach in my car!

People with fluffy dogs, at what age did you take them to get their first trim. Maisie is 3 months now and is starting to get a bit scruffy.

My little pup has discovered that she quite likes the sea. We had our lab Willow down at the beach last night as well and she was rolling about in the big piles of rotten, washed up seaweed. Was a good laugh until I remembered I took them to the beach in my car!

People with fluffy dogs, at what age did you take them to get their first trim. Maisie is 3 months now and is starting to get a bit scruffy.

Didn't take Alfie until after five months. He was a right scruff by then, but we were advised to let his puppy hair grow in quite fully before getting him trimmed.

Didn't take Alfie until after five months. He was a right scruff by then, but we were advised to let his puppy hair grow in quite fully before getting him trimmed.

Cheers, I don't really mind the scruffy look but its starting to annoy her eyes and getting in the way when she's doing the toilet. It will probably take the missus two months to decide how to get her cut anyways!

Cheers, I don't really mind the scruffy look but its starting to annoy her eyes and getting in the way when she's doing the toilet. It will probably take the missus two months to decide how to get her cut anyways!

On that note, we trimmed Alfie's fringe and round his arse (after a bath) before his first cut.

On that note, we trimmed Alfie's fringe and round his arse (after a bath) before his first cut.

Might give that a bash if we give her a bath tonight. I find the idea of going at her with a scissors around her eyes a bit worrying though!

Edited by Flights

Might give that a bash if we give her a bath tonight. I find the idea of going at her with a scissors around her eyes a bit worrying though!

Yeah, I kind of shit myself about it too to be honest. I found a really good YouTube tutorial video that helped. Scissors away at a diagonal and get a good grip of her mouth/cheek.

Well im going on two weeks with no accidents in the house for Izzy, pretty proud of my pup for it, she has picked up house training really easily, not even 5 months old yet! She has picked up an annoying habbit of barking at dogs if she see's them, she is not aggressive in anyway, she stands there yelping at them until she realises there is nothing to worry about, then she tries to play with them. Seem to hate black dogs for some reason, big dogs the same colour are no problem, big black dogs just seem to be a no go for her. 

Well im going on two weeks with no accidents in the house for Izzy, pretty proud of my pup for it, she has picked up house training really easily, not even 5 months old yet! She has picked up an annoying habbit of barking at dogs if she see's them, she is not aggressive in anyway, she stands there yelping at them until she realises there is nothing to worry about, then she tries to play with them. Seem to hate black dogs for some reason, big dogs the same colour are no problem, big black dogs just seem to be a no go for her. 

Racist!!

I know :(

She's been spending too much time around geegee!

Maisie loves other dogs and just wants to play with them. Unfortunately not all dogs are keen to play with a foot long fluff ball as she found out last night down the beach. A collie cross didn't like getting chased about by her and dished out a spectacular body check that sent Maisie flying through the air like a football! She was fine and hopefully she's learned that not all dogs want to play with her!