aberdeen-music

Dogs

framheim

• 2 weeks later...

I got a dog. Called Mercy (I didn't name her, don't ask why she's named that 'cause I've not fucking idea.) She's an alsatian x malamute husky. She's awesome. 7 weeks old. From Dundee though, so if I end up with anything missing I'll know who to look at.

One thing, she knows to cry to get out to poop, but she doesn't cry until she's finished pissing on the floor. I read online that if you catch her doing it to clap and give her a stern no, and if she stops mid flow to take her outside. But I haven't been so lucky. Any tips?

Also, since when couldn't you link images from facebook?

I got a dog. Called Mercy (I didn't name her, don't ask why she's named that 'cause I've not fucking idea.) She's an alsatian x malamute husky. She's awesome. 7 weeks old. From Dundee though, so if I end up with anything missing I'll know who to look at.

One thing, she knows to cry to get out to poop, but she doesn't cry until she's finished pissing on the floor. I read online that if you catch her doing it to clap and give her a stern no, and if she stops mid flow to take her outside. But I haven't been so lucky. Any tips?

Brilliant, that'll be an ace dog, :) might take up to six weeks to train for getting out in time, remember to keep giving her a reward everytime she manages to make it outside without spilling...

• Upvote 1

make sure and reward her for peeing outside

• Upvote 1

Dog owners i need some tips on getting a dog used to walking with a leash, so far mines just plonks her bum on the ground as soon as the lead goes on and refuses to move an inch. i am trying to coax her with some treats but to no avail so far. Anyone had a similar problem?

What kind of lead/harness set up do you have? My dog will go into this weird trance state as soon as we put on her harness and doesn't move. It's a 'swaddling' effect that kicks in when they are covered in something.

She's much better now. We put her harness on at various times throughout the day, not just when we're taking her for a walk. This gets her used to moving around with it on. Treating her when she moves with it on is important too. So yeah, just put her in the lead and harness and let her move around the house for a bit.

It's also good to do this if you're ever going to use a bag to transport her anywhere. Put her in the bag when you're in the house to get her used to it.

As for actual walking - i'd definitely recommend one of these:

p-24582-35951P_006-dog.jpg

The lead is clasped on the chest. This causes the dog to turn around when she pulls. It's single handedly eradicated Hazel's pulling issue. She wouldn't so much walk but just drag us along. Now she walks right next to us.

• Upvote 2

Well i have a collar and a harness, ive tried both on but both with the same results so far, but she is really young so i know its going to take a bit of getting used too, i just want to make it as stress free for her as possible. I have two leads, i bought a small leather one to begin with and now i have one of the leads that will stretch out to 5 meters, the problem with that one is there is obviously a bit of natural pull on it and as soon as it pulls she just stops moving and tries to go the other way. Once she is used to the collar more ill put the small lead on her when she is walking about until she gets used too it, and then see if i can move onto the other one. Cheers for the tips :)