aberdeen-music

Guitar Wifie , WTF ...........

kybosh

I know , I must have been living in a cave for a while but I just "experienced" this phenomenon on friday night outside the monkey house , unbelievable :(

.......also , she has an impersonator , "Guitar Mannie" who plays the same "tune" as her at the top end of union street near the filling station :(

do people give them money hoping they will stop ? 'cos it's not working :(

Guest Cool Thinker
I know , I must have been living in a cave for a while but I just "experienced" this phenomenon on friday night outside the monkey house , unbelievable :(

.......also , she has an impersonator , "Guitar Mannie" who plays the same "tune" as her at the top end of union street near the filling station :(

do people give them money hoping they will stop ? 'cos it's not working :(

No, people love them they were found out to illegal immigrants but they were not deported because the people loved them.

Ach she's pretty harmless. She gets some fucking shocking behaviour directed at her on a Friday and Saturday night by drunken cretins (once saw a group of guys in polo shirts moon in her face while she was playing).

A bigger crime is the awful piper on the corner of Union Terrace.

• Upvote 1

Guest Cool Thinker
Ach she's pretty harmless. She gets some fucking shocking behaviour directed at her on a Friday and Saturday night by drunken cretins (once saw a group of guys in polo shirts moon in her face while she was playing).

A bigger crime is the awful piper on the corner of Union Terrace.

I remember he was speaking to someone else and he turned out he was not Scottish.

No, people love them they were found out to illegal immigrants but they were not deported because the people loved them.

That's not true in the slightest. Guessing they're Romanian which would mean they're entitled to be here as a member of the EU. It's not possible for them to be here illegally.

• Upvote 1

Guest Cool Thinker
That's not true in the slightest. Guessing they're Romanian which would mean they're entitled to be here as a member of the EU. It's not possible for them to be here illegally.

http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/court-crime/22902-popular-busker-could-face-deportation-after-begging-blitz-in-aberdeen/

UK border force disagree with you.

She's actually a world class, classically trained pianist. She's busking with a guitar she found in a skip to try to fund buying a second hand keyboard and a wee amp so she can start "properly" busking. Problem is, she's scared of alienating her thousands on fans by "selling out" now that she's broken into D-list celeb / meme status with her guitar.

xx

:(

Guitar Wifie has a tribute act?

How awesome is that?

I feel her move from George Street to Union Street was akin to Dylan going electric.

She's a journeyman. I saw her on Union Street in her formative days, outside KFC. That was Autumn 2010. I remember it well, as I was returning home from my first and last Montrose FC match. A drunken lad in a tracksuit gave her £1 to stop playing. She didn't understand English, so kept playing. He got mad. What a great day.

• Upvote 2