aberdeen-music

50 Booed Off Stage at Reading

Ross

Guest Nikola Tesla

Still singled out two specific groups of people. Instead all you needed to say was, that it was a bunch of jumped up twats who think its fun to chuck bottles at musicians they dont like. Simple.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch
no one deserves that. People who do it are just cunts.

Nah you're talking bollocks.

Cliff Richard, Barry Manilow, Michael Bolton, Boyzone, Westlife, Busted, McFly and Robbie Williams all deserve to have grenades and dynamite thrown at them.

The people who do that aren't cunts, they just got taste.

i remember green day got pelted with mud at some festival or other and it was hilarious - they were lapping it up - one landed square on Billie-Joe's guitar mid-song.

but bottling a band is out of order - shame there are so many pricks out there - i suppose mud is over the top too but that green day gig was classic

Guest Sundaram
Spineshank got a lot of bottles chucked at them at Download last year and right at the end Jonny Santos caught one of them' date=' took a drink out of it and chucked it back before thanking the crowd and walking offstage [end of the set don't worry ;) ]

Rock and roll.

Equally ace if someone had pissed in the bottle first!

Rock and Roll!!!!!!

This Bank Holiday saw the annual arrival of the Reading and Leeds Festivals. Guess who got boooed off stage?

Metal Hammer would like to offer its congratulations to fans at the Reading Festival for pelting fake Finish rockers The Rasmus off stage on Sunday afternoon!

After only one song, the band were forced to retreat to the comparative safety of backstage after being targeted by bottles and mud by rioting fans.

Rock 'n' roll lives on!

seems that metal hammer found it funny...

thats life i suppose, im sorry but 50 cent should have known what he was in for at a ROCK festival (not rap and not shitty pop) the bottle throwing is im sad to say part of a festival (i cant remember the amount of times i was hit by bottles waiting for metallica to come onstage at download) the fact of the matter is if you dont like it...dont fucking play festivals. look at the way geen day reacted at woodstock 1996 when they had mud pelted at them, they simply ate the mud

rock and roll is not for pussies

Slag the Rasmus and all you like, but they are good at what they do, be it faking 'playing' guitar on stage, or singing one of the catchiest tunes of the year so far. I think the narrow-mindness of some of the people at the festivals was pretty pathetic - I sat through 50 and the rasmus to get a good view of the next act - but didn't see the point in booing them.

Although on a related note the rasmus band members have got to be professional bottle dodgers - they managed to turn a bottle dodge into a rock-and-roll-esqu move that would have looked impressive to any rocker.

i think it is no fault of the promoter. i enjoy seeing a diverse bill cos its borin watching loads of bands that sound the same...like this year jurassic five being a real pleasant suprise. i think its silly when people bottle bands, with 5 stages surely there is someone better they can be watching if they dont like whos on...i didnt watch 50 cent but i heard a lot of people enjoyed him, despite the bottles early on. The chants of "G Unit" for the rest of the weekend surely proof.

my mate threw his shoe at noodles from the offspring but only cos they never played original prankster. haha he walked round with a carrier bag on his foot for hours till it somehow showed up in a muddy state.

on one note though, at least it was plastic bottles. i remember reading the beastie boys gettin glass bottles at em and got taken to court for hitting em back with baseball bats

I think the problem is that it wasn't really a diverse bill, more a bunch of 'rock' bands (I use the description loosely) and then one rapper, which isn't setting things up too well. In that instance you're just going to get lots of rock fans who'll then be annoyed when the continuity of bands they like is interrupted. Whereas if it had have been more diverse, with other genres ensuring the day wasn't focused on one type of music, people wouldn't have been as hostile.

I thought Sunday at Reading (Friday at Leeds) was supposed to be the 'rock' day? In which case the decision to make 50 Cent the sole odd man out was a little dumb...