aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Only news I've heard from Pittodrie is that Michael Paton's been given a free transfer. No last minute signings?

Well he's been pretty clear we're getting nobody...

Can't fucking believe that Templeton might be stepping down to Division fucking 3, mental

The Templeton one is crazy. Can't believe Hearts were willing to do business after how long it took for them to be paid for Lee Wallace. Believe Templeton is a hun through and through which might explain his total lack of footballing ambition.

You have to wonder what these players are being promised by Green before they'd sign though.

Good luck to Michael Paton. Didn't quite make the grade but hopefully he gets a chance elsewhere.

Wednesday bagging Jay Bothroyd on loan is a serious coup. The guy knows how to score goals in the Championship, and Dave Jones knows him well. Rhodri and Antonio look ridiculous. Madine is solid. Jermaine Johnson is finally looking less shit after years of wondering if he'll live up to the potential we expected, i.e not shit. He's scoring goals, running fast and not getting sent off for kicking water bottles or grabbing Chris Morgan by the back of the head. Improvement! It only took 5 or 6 years years. If Kirkland can stay fit, then we finally have a reliable keeper, which we haven't had since we lost Grant to Burnley.

We're gonna win the lot.

Probably wouldn't do any harm if Aberdeen re-signed him. They look shit at putting the ball in the net so far this season.

Seriously. It's like we're having a competition to see who can miss from the closest to goal.

Utterly dominant against St Mirren today but no end product again. Fuck knows how Vernon managed to sky it over from a couple of yards out.

Seriously. It's like we're having a competition to see who can miss from the closest to goal.

Utterly dominant against St Mirren today but no end product again. Fuck knows how Vernon managed to sky it over from a couple of yards out.

Aye, probably even more frustrating than the Hearts game to be honest. Hayes was looking very good, and Smith was definitely unlucky not to have scored that header.

EDIT: Oh, and barring a few gaffes, Magennis was solid, too.

The Templeton one is crazy. Can't believe Hearts were willing to do business after how long it took for them to be paid for Lee Wallace. Believe Templeton is a hun through and through which might explain his total lack of footballing ambition.

You have to wonder what these players are being promised by Green before they'd sign though.

Good luck to Michael Paton. Didn't quite make the grade but hopefully he gets a chance elsewhere.

He isn't even a hun.

His dad named him before disappearing explained here. http://m.scotsman.com/sport/interview-david-cooper-templeton-hearts-winger-1-1370718

Now that the fucking transfer window and all its silly bullshit is finished, I'm really excited for the season. We didn't sign many players but I'm pleased with our squad and I think it's stronger than last year. We'll get a better RB and a back-up striker in January. I'm not worried.

Pardiola says he's going to play 1-2 kids from the start in each of our European games. I love this. Throwing just a couple of the youngsters in there isn't going to have a significant detrimental effect on our performance, and it's about time we started giving some of these players minutes. We've always had exciting players in our academy, but they don't get a chance, they don't get put out on-loan and before you know it they're 25 and playing for Gateshead. It's always got on my tits. We stockpile youngsters, don't put them on the bench and don't even given them a chance to play at a lower level for a couple of months. The fuck?

Pardew seems different, which is good. I love that he has faith in Shane Ferguson as our back-up LB, because I think Shane could be an excellent player. We've signed Gael Bigirimana and Romain Amalfitano who both look handy. Adam Campbell, 17, made his European debut last week. James Tavernier has never looked out of his depth. Haris Vuckis is languid but incredibly talented. Sammy Ameobi is an Ameobi, so of course he'll be at the club for the net 15 years.

With some playing time, these guys will hopefully negate the need for us to sign morons like Obertan, and that's a good thing.

It's great when Liverpool lose. I thought they were good today though, and for large spells the better team, but as soon as the ball is pushed into what should be a goalscoring opportunity, they don't seem to have a clue what to do. Joe Allen was really good, as was Sterling. I thought Diaby was man of the match though. He was everywhere, doing everything. Bossed.

Pepe Reina made a bit of a mess for the second goal. LOL.

It's great when Liverpool lose. I thought they were good today though, and for large spells the better team, but as soon as the ball is pushed into what should be a goalscoring opportunity, they don't seem to have a clue what to do. Joe Allen was really good, as was Sterling. I thought Diaby was man of the match though. He was everywhere, doing everything. Bossed.

Pepe Reina made a bit of a mess for the second goal. LOL.

Yeah it could have been a draw or even 2-1 Liverpool at one point. Thought Arsenal midfield looked so classy with the ball though and winning it back. Against Liverplols supposedly great midfield.

Cazorla is just great to watch.