aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

<3 Le Tiss. I'm not sure how good a commentator he is in-general, but he made me chortle recently. A player (can't remember who) was busting a gut to reach a ball that he missed by milimetres, and Le Tiss seemed generally dumbfouded by the level of effort the player put-in. "Eh?! What was all that running for?!" without a hint of irony. Bless.

Weekly Bundesliga highlights coming to ITV4: http://www.bundesligalounge.com/archives/911

Heck yes!

Brilliant news. 101greatgoals can be a bit crappy for Bundesliga stuff. There was one game where Bayern won by 6 or 7 and it didn't even show all the goals. One of the goals was considered not to be a highlight compared to the other goals. Incredible.

Players refusing to play because they don't want to play for that team anymore should be banned and penalised by governing bodies. They signed contracts tying them down to that club. Don't wanna play? Don't sign. Remember last season when Modric said his "head wasn't right"? Unacceptable. Contracts simply mean anothing other than making sure the parent club gets some money for them when they inevitably kick up a stink and demand to leave, which isn't how it should be. Honour your contract and play football. If FIFA stepped in and told Clint "Stop being a fanny, or you're banned for a year" he'd shape up, lace up his boots and be out on the pitch 2 hours before kick off. Instead he's going to be a fanny, refuse to do his job and wait for a more desirable club to come and get him. What a cunt.

• Upvote 1

I agree about players refusing to play or their head not being right. fucking cocks, get on the pitch play well and a big club or Liverpool will prob put an offer in for you, sit fannying around moaning and complaining won't do your chances much good at all as you'll give yourself a reputation for being a moaning, whining, little prick. Honestly the modern footballer really gets right up my bugle at times with their consistent whinging and poncing about. Modric will be back in the prem league in a few seasons once he's got piss bored warming the bench at Real...

I've been hearing great things about them both for a couple of years so it's ace to see them (along with fellow former academy guys Cameron Park, Joe Bennett, Seb Hines, Rhys Williams and Jason Steele) getting a go in the first team and performing well. Still don't expect us to challenge for promotion this season but the future is looking brighter than it has for a while.

I thought my fantasy team was gonna score big with early text updates such as 'Hazard running the show' and 'torres looking lively'. When will my faith in Torres returning to form fade?! I keep expecting him to just explode back to life again. I'm giving him 5 matches and if he hasn't scored then he and I are done I tells ye

Chuffed the Dons won in extra time tonight. I reckon we'd have lost that last season.

I've been busy with work all week and didn't even know there was action on UTG. What's all this about Calder Park and the Dons new stadium being in jeopardy?

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120822/official-club-statement_2212158_2897400

That sounds a bit worrying. My understanding is the sale of Pittodrie was how we were going to service our debt so obviously it changes everything if the new stadium doesn't go ahead. The final paragraph didn't make great reading either.