aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Why is changing to red and having a new crest meant to be more marketable? Do Asians like the colour red more than blue?
In Chinese culture - a strong force in Malaysian life - red is traditionally seen as a lucky colour and a symbol of integrity.

I agree with Milner totally. If someone was willing to pump 100 million into United and we had to change our shirt colour to do it. I wouldn't care it would still be our team and we'd be in a much better financial situation to achieve greater things.

Guest Gladstone

New Deer FC update:

Game 2 of the Crighton Comeback was played last night against bottom of the league Rosehearty at New Deer. Crighton, unsurprisingly was started on the bench following his off the pace performance on Saturday. It was apparent from the whistle that Rosehearty were quite shit as the game was played exclusively in the opponent's half. A remarkable own goal gave New Deer the lead on the 20 minute mark when the defender practically assaulted Duncan to get to the ball first and somehow guided his clearing header backwards towards goal and it somehow snuck in past the defender at the near post. Had it not crossed the line, surely the referee would have had no choice but to award a penalty. The points looked to be heading New Deer's way after 30 minutes when Robbie forced home the second goal following a 6-yard box scramble. New Deer dominated the remainder of the first half but failed to capitalise on the pressure with the scoreline 2-0 at half time. Two ridiculous defensive errors led to Rosehearty clawing the game back to 2-2 and growing in confidence for the first half of the second half. The defence went AWOL for the first goal as M. Raper made a brilliant aerial challenge to block a point blank volley only to be let down by the defence who let the ball bounce about 15 times in the box before the striker stuck it in the back of the net. The second goal was even more ridiculous as Strachan at left back attempted to play a pass out of defence which landed squarely at the feet of the Rosehearty striker who was clean through on goal and tucked it away. New Deer took a good 10 minutes to recover and then started to dominate again. Crighton (left midfield) and Neil (striker) were introduced to the action in a last ditch attempt to salvage the three points and both combined on three or four occasion but Neil failed to hit the target each time and the game finished, disappointingly, 2-2.

Crighton was much happier with his contribution and is hopeful of a start for the upcoming match versus Mormond Thistle on Friday but disappointed not to take three points from the match.

• Upvote 1

My Bluebird supporting mate on Facebook:

A very large part of my life died today. Fuck you Tan Sri Vincent Tan and Dato Chan Tien Ghee, simply how fucking dare you!!?? I honestly hope Cardiff City get relegated this season, and those two fuck off as far away from the club as soon as possible. I'd rather see City playing in blue playing in the Blue Square South, than in red with a fucking dragon on the shirt in the Premier fucking League.... Never felt so betrayed and disgusted in my fucking life. How fucking dare some fucking cunt mess with 104 years of history. Pardon my French people, buy I think on this occasion it's necessary.

A little angry I'd say.

Guest Gladstone
Sounds like a disaster for New Deer, just as I was about to invest 100m and change their name to Old Moose. Hardly seems worth it now.

Once I'm back to full fitness I'll start winning them matches single-handedly and then I'll earn my dream move to my boyhood heroes, Wigan Athletic.

I'll get to play alongside Gary Caldwell :love:

FUCK!! the Euros start in 2 days! i'm not ready! I haven't put up a wall chart or gotten a fantasy team or anything. I don't even know every fixture off by heart yet or even thought about setting the tv to record the games I won't see! Thursday's gonna be a busy day. I've never been so unprepared for a major tournament.

Guest Gladstone

Predictions for the big match on Friday?

No, you dicks, not Poland v Greece or Russia v Czech.

I'm talking about the BIG match. Mormond Thistle v. New Deer FC.

Guest Gladstone

Joking aside there are some tasty games this weekend.

Russia v Czech should be good tomorrow night. Germany v Portugal on Saturday night - oocha fucker. I'm at a bloody wedding on Saturday. Fucksake.

Spain v Italy and Ireland v Croatia on Sunday. Fucking ace.

Monday doesn't look so exciting on paper but the England v France game could be pretty good. Glad to see all the games are on in the evening too! Ace-ic.

Guest Gladstone

That is really shitty news for Defoe. In terms of the England team, it will surely force them to play Carroll and Wellbeck for the first two games? Does Hodgson play 2 strikers or just one? He may go for one up top with Gerrard in behind? Fuck knows - I can't even remember who is still in the squad. I do know that Rio Ferdinand isn't because that's all I've heard about over the past day or two.

Liverpool reserves vs France on Monday should be good.

EDIT: What does he do if the strikers piss all over the first two games and score 6 goals between them? Does Rooney just get benched?

Guest Gladstone
He'll opt for Carroll as a lone strike, I'd imagine.

That is sadly what I was imagining.

Why do England never go for the more exciting option? I'd be playing Wellbeck up top - probably with Carroll, but I wouldn't be leaving Wellbeck on the bench.