aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Anyone else seen that Cardiff are 'rebranding' and will play in red from now on? How mental is that?!

I thought that was just a rumour? Something to do with red shirts being more marketable in the far east (where Cardiff's principle investors are based).

Has a decision actually been made to change? Fans won't be happy. Can't really call them The Bluebirds now either, I guess.

I thought that was just a rumour? Something to do with red shirts being more marketable in the far east (where Cardiff's principle investors are based).

Has a decision actually been made to change? Fans won't be happy. Can't really call them The Bluebirds now either, I guess.

According to twitter (I know, dubious) it's been approved by all board members and is being announced iday. Also there'll be a new badge to accompany it.

Aye true, but we hadn't played in red and gold for 122 years before we changed to red. It's still a bit mental and shits all over their heritage. The badge is changing as well.

So how would you feel if Milne suddenly said we're playing in light blue?

If he said he was investing £100m into the club and for that to happen we would be re-branded, then fine, its only a colour. Like i say the dons were not always in red, Leeds only ever changed to be in white strips so they looked like Real Madrid, these things have happened throughout football history, they will continue to happen if it benefits the club in question.

Also the dons changing to light blue is a bit different, we would be changing colours to match our biggest rivals, as far as im aware Cardiff dont have a rival in red.

We were just discussing this very thing in the office. The primary colours of a team are such an integral part of their branding and the way that the fans relate to them. People choose cars and paint rooms in their house to match the colour of the team. For that to be changed in such a dramatic way is pretty wild by the owners.

Fuck knows. I don't care enough to do the research properly.

I can buy that Aberdeen don't have to play in red as we weren't in that colour for the first 40 years of the club. But Cardiff's nickname is the Bluebirds. The colour is quite important to the history of the club and they've played in blue since they became known as Cardiff City in 1908.

The point was this is not the same as Aberdeen changing colours to match Rangers, Swansea are not known as a team playing in red, if they have an away strip in red this season then fair enough but they are not a team that plays in red and unless there is a welsh league club who are big Cardif rivals paying in red its a very poor comparison.

Like i say if Milne was willing to invest £100m into our club and build us a fanbase in the far east, then he can change our strip to whatever colour he wants, the bigger picture is more important, especially at a time when clubs are struggling so badly financially. That investment will probably mean Cardiff will be a prem league club before long, and hopefully put something in place that will support them at that level for the next few years.

Fuck knows. I don't care enough to do the research properly.

I can buy that Aberdeen don't have to play in red as we weren't in that colour for the first 40 years of the club. But Cardiff's nickname is the Bluebirds. The colour is quite important to the history of the club and they've played in blue since they became known as Cardiff City in 1908.

The dons were known as the wasps for around 40 years before the change in colour.