aberdeen-music

Smartphones

paime

Is there a reason why they cost over £200? I gave them a quick go in HMV, but I assume it was playing an mp3 from an iPod, so it makes it a bit pointless.

It's 'cause they're popular innit. I had an argument with one of the category folks about our new balanced armature inner-ear headphones being pointless due to the likelihood of someone actually getting the most out of a £400 pair of earphones being very slim. It's a fashion accessory unless you're listening to CD quality audio on a good amp/CD combo and no-one wears in ear headphones to do that. If they do, they're a dick.

• Upvote 1

Beats Headphones are terrible :/

With most phones you get earphones that are worth £2.99 and getting a set of better headphones is a bonus surely?

I wouldn't buy Beats headphones if it came down to a choice of headphones. However coming with your phone and having inline controls etc, they serve a purpose.

Fine for messing around.

Edit. I should have said they are in ear and not headphones supplied.

With most phones you get earphones that are worth £2.99 and getting a set of better headphones is a bonus surely?

I wouldn't buy Beats headphones if it came down to a choice of headphones. However coming with your phone and having inline controls etc, they serve a purpose.

Fine for messing around.

Edit. I should have said they are in ear and not headphones supplied.

I dunno, i've had earphones i got for free with mobile phones that have lasted longer than most of the people that i know who've owned a pair of Beats. The audio stage in the HTC/HP stuff isn't up to much either. It's all hype.

I dunno, i've had earphones i got for free with mobile phones that have lasted longer than most of the people that i know who've owned a pair of Beats. The audio stage in the HTC/HP stuff isn't up to much either. It's all hype.

I've never had a smart phone that has come with good earphones. Nokia, Apple, Samsung or whoever.

I've never had a problem with mine, but I've no idea how others last. Too many people with cheap fakes though.

As for the sound quality being hype, I'm not going to agree with that at all. Over any other phone or personal MP3 player I've used, the sound quality is better by a margin.

So far from the people I've let hear my phone, through earphones, headphones of hifi I've not had one single disagreement.

Reviews on music sites were also positive about it.

I've never had a smart phone that has come with good earphones. Nokia, Apple, Samsung or whoever.

I've never had a problem with mine, but I've no idea how others last. Too many people with cheap fakes though.

As for the sound quality being hype, I'm not going to agree with that at all. Over any other phone or personal MP3 player I've used, the sound quality is better by a margin.

So far from the people I've let hear my phone, through earphones, headphones of hifi I've not had one single disagreement.

Reviews on music sites were also positive about it.

I didn't say they were good. Retailers have massive guides on "how to spot a fake", that employees have to be up to speed with.

The sound stage does an adequate job of masking imperfections in compressed music, that's about it. The bass is overdone to the MAX. The earphones and soundstage between them colour the sound far too much.

Monster, like brands like Samsung/LG, pay large amounts of money for adverts in magazines/on websites. Make of that what you will.

My new Samsung S2 has arrived and it's the tits. The only problem i have is that i need to export my contacts from my iPhone 3G and Apple don't seem to like people leaving them so i can't stick them on my SIM and move them across. Im having to manually enter contacts. What a joke.

My new Samsung S2 has arrived and it's the tits. The only problem i have is that i need to export my contacts from my iPhone 3G and Apple don't seem to like people leaving them so i can't stick them on my SIM and move them across. Im having to manually enter contacts. What a joke.

Vodafone did this for me in their shop when I upgraded. It was from an iphone 3G to iphone 4 though.

Cool story bro.

Probably too late now, but you can follow this - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1245 to sync your contacts with gmail, then link your gmail account to your phone. If you don't have a gmail account, create one, saves faffing about.

Has anyone used this company before? http://www.buymobilephones.net/ their contracts are crazy cheap. They basically offer the same deals for £5 less than the quotes I am getting on upgrade from the Orange website. Albeit they don't have the 'swapables' but they sound like stuff I won't use anyway. The HTC One S which is a just released £400 phone is available free on an ideal contract for £21 a month. Have contracts suddenly gotten very cheap since I last got one? Seems like great value.

I'm maybe just best going to a shop. I've had contracts with orange for 3.5 years and I've seen people get crazy deals after one 18 month contract.

The other funny thing is that I was considering the HTC One X and One S so thoroughly researched both and several reviews said that in some benchmarking tests for performance, the dual core One S outperformed the One X! I've opted for the One S myself largely because it's a bit smaller and has better battery life. Should hopefully have it on Monday or Tuesday..