aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2012

Soda Jerk

i take it they were all regen players? I would imagine you were suppose to sign them up, you sure you didnt miss a message about a youth intake or anything?

The youth intake players are usually in a horrid green colour so you don't miss them. But it still sounds bloody weird.

I like how you have a player called "Marco Christ". sinful.

Got my stadium up to 31,000 capacity now, I keep asking for an expansion start of the season and the board keep saying yes! Sitting in 6th after 24 games, did the double over league champions Liverpool! Relived to get through the transfer window without losing any of my best players, Aston Villa bid 16 million for one of my strikers on deadline day, thank god the chairman didn't take matters into his own hands. So glad the club finances are secure now!

i take it they were all regen players? I would imagine you were suppose to sign them up, you sure you didnt miss a message about a youth intake or anything?

Definitely didn't. They were all there in the squad when I started. Then literally 3 'FM' days later, I got a message saying "the following youth players have been released". Some are still free agents, but don't want to sign for me now. Wanker bastards.

Oh well. I don't need kids. The average age of my team seems to be about 27. Fuck the kids.

Definitely didn't. They were all there in the squad when I started. Then literally 3 'FM' days later, I got a message saying "the following youth players have been released". Some are still free agents, but don't want to sign for me now. Wanker bastards.

Oh well. I don't need kids. The average age of my team seems to be about 27. Fuck the kids.

I think that is frowned upon. Even in a double hard bastard team, they are not young spartan warriors.

challenging for a champions league spot but in all honesty would prefer the europa league as my first foray into european football on fm 2012.

meanwhile after a promising start with Northern Ireland winning my first two qualifiers against the mighty Andorra and Austria, I was predictably beaten away at Spain and then absolutely cunted at home by Wales in a match where I was extremely fortunate to get the nil...

Just won the Euro 2016 with Scotland (yaaassss) after being 25-1 outsiders, now 5th in the world, get that up ye.

Chelsea on bloody fire, that's the fifth Premier League in a row. Still paying out my arse for youth players though, most of them turning out pretty decent indeed. Bought a regen from Glentoran in Norn Iron and he's beaten ancient Lampy to the mid centre role.

Pretty pissed off with Ramires for not accepting a contract at Barcelona which would have netted me a cool £36m, the bastard. This transfer window he's getting away with it too since he's slipped a disc. Karma.

Shipped Torres though, he can't get a word into my first team now that Romelu Lukaku has hit his prime. Got £16m for him from Juve, fans are loving me that I got "so much for the player". If Chelsea sold Torres for £16m tomorrow in reality I would think the same thing.

The game's throwing fun stuff at me too, like this gem of a match report. Look at the MOTM. And the scoreline.

qn72b7.png

I think I must be wasting my time spending hours on individual instructions and tactics, when people must be on their 7th and 8th seasons, and I'm only 9 games in to the league on my Weisbaden game. I just fucking love to tinker.

My squad is much better than the rest of the league it seems. A fair few Bundesliga teams have stepped in and snatched some of the best players in the league except for mine, so I'm expecting promotion with ease. 9 games in I haven't shipped a single goal. My midfield is a little soft, and my refusal to use wingbacks is giving wingers alot of room, but my centre backs are smashing out anything that comes closes, so it evens out.

I think the second division will be much tougher though. There's some top teams down there, along with whoever gets relegated from the Bundesliga if/when I get promoted.

Missed my chance last night in operation save Arsenal. Last day of the season, 3 points behind City, 3 goals behind City. Playing my final game at Bolton and Citeh are at Newcastle who've by all accounts had an awful season (Pardew was sacked within 3 months and Shearer took over).

Watching the results change as my final game is being played. City go one down before half time, I'm nil nil. Ended up 2-2 with Bolton after they equalised in the 85th minute, couldnt break through again. Ended up with 25 shots on target to their 6. So even though Citeh did slip up I couldn't nick the league. Booooo!

Turned the game off after that as I'm going to have to fire my players up before the Champions league final against Barca. Won the lager cup earlier in the season against Manyoo. City did the domestic double FA cup and league. It's been a good season. Basically lucked out on my Champions League draw. Ajax came through second to me in the group (beat them both times). Got Porto in the next round and got a 1 nil away victory and pumped them at home. Got Ajax in the next round, again won both legs. Citeh in the semi was epic. 1-1 at the Emirates and then went 3 nil up at the EITHAD within 25minutes and held on for a 3-2 victory.

Player of the seasons have to be THE HULK and RVP. Hulk is pretty much unstoppable on his day but has had a few injuries. Podolski is fucking useless, he's had 2 3 month lay offs. He's getting binned. Go join Arshavin you prick.

Also I sold Chamahk and he goes to Italy and the game thinks he's good. African player of the year and top scorer. WAT.

fucking cunty agent fees, was all set to sign a shitter than shit hot Brazilian keeper for a cool 37 million and the only snagging point was the agent fee, mind you that's happened before and I noticed the player immediately sacked the agent so still hoping I can get my man!

37 million for a goalie? That's ridiculous.

yeah it is but I need a top quality goalie and there was only 2 available who were better than the one I have, ended up with the other one and I forked out 20 million for him, the fans were nae happy at me spending so much on one player but what do the fans know????

yeah it is but I need a top quality goalie and there was only 2 available who were better than the one I have, ended up with the other one and I forked out 20 million for him, the fans were nae happy at me spending so much on one player but what do the fans know????

Who was the goalie? My first choice is still Cech at Chelsea but his place is under threat from a regen signed from Real for £14.5m. His name was Juanjo Monte, I couldn't turn that down. He's bloody good, too. Courtois isn't too bad either.

Also: Team meetings. Absolutely useless. I called one to see if I could (usually it throws "not a reason to hold a meeting" at me, this time it didn't) and basically used it to say "we're playing great lads!" Lukaku and Cavani end up miserable for no reason whatsoever. Abysmal morale? What the bloody fuck?!

I've found you gotta say the right things in team meetings.

The goalie is Scottish - Kyle Love he's a regen as its 2021 in my game and he's 24

hows this for an introduction to the champions league? Real Madrid, Lyon and Zenith St Petersburg!!! Deffo a group of death!

I've found you gotta say the right things in team meetings.

The goalie is Scottish - Kyle Love he's a regen as its 2021 in my game and he's 24

hows this for an introduction to the champions league? Real Madrid, Lyon and Zenith St Petersburg!!! Deffo a group of death!

Totally flying through the game aren't you?! I'm just into 2017 now and I thought I was going too fast :D

Yeah that's a dreadful group. I always seem to get really easy groups...

This is my current game. I'm using FM09 and I've been playing this one off-and-on for about a year now.

Dorchester Town

08-09 BSS 13th (I think I took over just at the end of the season, started unemployed and sunday footballer)

09-10 BSS 13th

10-11 BSS 7th

11-12 BSS 1st

12-13 BSP 4th

13-14 BSP 1st

14-15 L2 16th

15-16 L2 10th

16-17 L2 12th

17-18 L2 8th

18-19 L2 2nd

19-20 L1 4th (play-off winners)

20-21 CCC 19th

21-22 CCC 14th

I have a new stadium being built (cap 18,993 ready at start of 23/24 season. current cap: 6,604). Unfortunately this game doesn't recognise the difference between managed debt and total debt. Still making a profit but my wage budget has been slashed and I'm being described as "penniless" despite 3 million in the bank.

I'm going to see how far I can take Dorchester and then upgrade to FM12 (or 13, depends how long this takes before I'm sacked or crowned champ league winners)

I had to have a little chuckle earlier when news that Mick McCarthy had been sacked by Kilmarnock appeared on the screen.

I had to have a little chuckle earlier when news that Mick McCarthy had been sacked by Kilmarnock appeared on the screen.

In mine Roy Keane was sacked from Killie. :)

Trying to get Terry on board for the assistant manager job, he won't even look at me since I shut him out of the first team though.

THIS GAME ANNOYS ME. I won the league with Arsenal with 10 points to spare, over the summer I signed two players, didn't lose any, then this season starts and I'm getting pumped by everybody. What the fuck? NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

Also losing my new left winger Salomon Kalou for the season to a cruciate injury in only his second game was a bit cruel.