aberdeen-music

The worst Aberdeen band...

Guest Sundaram

Guest stuartmaxwell
beat it maxwell. im hardly ever on here anymore and when i am its to read the petty arguments and get my semi for the day. sometimes i may even say something irrelavant or call someone ugly on the gallery. tis about it. its nae to fun being a grown up nowadays yi ken? things to do.

ho ho ho i knew you would love that!! :up:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mr Blastcap

christ

just finished a wee ditty on the four track there, musics all done and going to release it on flexi disc...however i'm having problems with the lyrics i cant find any stuff to ryhme-y with "open air" and "seagull polishing ninny supervisors". also i need a really naff technical guitar solo with no tune and lots of sub-metal chugging- sure i can get a plug in for that though.

the worst band/s i ever saw in aberdeen were:

verbal

siren (hahahahahahaaaaaaaargh!)

deadloss superstar

tar

king louis or something.

Okay, here's my team terrible!

We'd be called 'The Bumble Bee's Pig Rectum' in homage to the most rocking event of the century so far - Jack Black's 'School of Rock'.

Vocals - Emma Forman because of her sensitive nature and bland singing technique. Remember kids, scampi may be bland, but it's great in a curry.

Guitar - Dan Atom because his widdly guitar solos and metal shredding would contrast superbly with the blandness of Emma's vocal. Dan would be told to 'just keep widdling over the song'. Rock!

Guitar - Dave Sidca because people love to be challenged by music, care in the community patients and a good knuckle sandwich.

Keyboards - Lester Burnham because I don't want men to feel safe at our gigs.

Bass - Me because I want to be a part of the sweet rockin! Woot!

Drums - The drum machine from Sidca

Band manager - Stripey for his networking and social skills and his ability to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch
REAP

soul doubt

apraxia

emma forman

lady mercedes

star

surprised u ain't got King Liar & The Brutes in that list Mr. Maxwell?

You've been fairly vocal about them in the past.

And you're right about Reap, they're truly fucking awful. Load of Neanderthal grunty grindmetal bollocks, about as classy as a knuckle-dragging caveman wearing a shell suit.

What does the words' date=' Emerson, Lake & Palmer do to you?[/quote']

The words do nowt for me but their music makes me want to repeatedly stab my own ears off with a chisel and write "I'M IN HELL, SAVE ME GODLEY & CREME, SAVE ME JOE JACKSON, SAVE ME PETER GABRIEL" on the nearest wall with the blood gushing out of the self-inflicted holes in my head...although i would have to stab my ears off outside cos i don't think i have a big enough wall inside to write all that in my blood plus i might have to stab off a finger or two to have enough blood to write Peter Gabriel's name as well

What I mean is' date=' at least when you see a shit band that are technically very good, you can at least marvel at that side of things, but when you see/hear a band who are technically not very good and play shit music/songs, well you have nothing!

I dont like Steve Vai for instance, but boy can he play that guitar.[/quote']

hankatfender2.jpg

Lets not discuss this subject anymore about guitareerists Johnston, before i kill you by hanging you directly under a bamboo tree that will grow by piercing through your body and leave you looking like a quivering alt-rock kebab....cos they grow very fast apparently.

Bamboo trees i mean, not kebabs...

I'm not even going to begin going through the list. To be honest I can;t even remember most of Aberdeen bands gigs as I kinda tune out.

Its probably easier to list the bands I Like...

Rachel McLennan's solo stuff

Black Atom (Not strictly my kind of music, but very talented)

Norman's Fetish (as above but always light hearted and fun)

Starfall (not a huge fan of all of it, but a rare non-manufactured attition to the scene)

Everyone else I either don't like or haven't seen but im not going to start fights by saying which is which.

What didn't you like about the dedos? And which gig of ours did you see?

Just wondering... customer feedback if you will. Be as harsh as you like' date=' I can take it.[/quote']

The old bassist just made a load of noise to cover up the fact he had no idea what he was doing.

... I really have to say that alot of people who post on here' date=' who do not actually play in a band, or have any musical expeirience; Just immediatley slate the first thing they see or hear, because someone will say they dont like it, and everybody else follows suit.

This is really bad people.[/quote']

Oh right, so anyone that pays to watch your band in a club or bar who isn't a musician hasn't any right to criticise what they paid to watch?

Go fuck yourself you fucking luggage monkey.

But what annoys me most about all these people who post on here, slagging off other bands, with thier huge amount of knowledge on music, is that, If they think they can do any better, than why dont they go ahead and show us whats really good, and is absolutley the most kick ass thing in the 'scene'. Alot of people on here have what I like to call 'Kerrang Writers Syndrome'. Everyone has opinions, and thats ok, they are like an ass hole everyone has got one, but the thing is... is that you are all way too opinionated for your own good...

So what the fuck giving your own opinion for?. You could just shut your fucking cakehole and quit whining about not liking the opinions of people who give opinions yet give an opinion yourself which therefore means you don't really like yourself and hence should shut the fuck up more.

No matter how much alot of you think you know about music, you have no right to slate and slag and put other bands down, if you yourself know that you could not step up to the plate and try and go one better... Your not ace music critics... Alot of you are all a lame bunch of retards, that have nothing better to do with your worthless lives than sit and slag people off and think your brilliant for it... Its pathetic...

Alright Einstein, so i take it that you'll never want anyone reviewing your CDs and reviewing your gigs at all for a magazine or website or whatever which in turn, usually help a band get exposure and help spread word of mouth amongst people in the industry which in turn, may help get your band signed and help you perhaps gain a career in music?

Oh and by the way, you have no right to go charging people money for your CDs or gigs if you they're not allowed to criticise anything you do.

You think cos you can play a few notes on a guitar then that somehow makes you a professional musician who is above any form of criticism from someone who doesn't play music for money?

At the end of the day squire, you're no different to a fucking busker playing cover songs on Union Street so dismount your high horse and get a clue before spouting off again and getting your gusset in a fucking twist.

Oh right' date=' so anyone that pays to watch your band in a club or bar who isn't a musician hasn't any right to criticise what they paid to watch?

Go fuck yourself you fucking luggage monkey.

So what the fuck giving your own opinion for?. You could just shut your fucking cakehole and quit whining about not liking the opinions of people who give opinions yet give an opinion yourself which therefore means you don't really like yourself and hence should shut the fuck up more.

Alright Einstein, so i take it that you'll never want anyone reviewing your CDs and reviewing your gigs at all for a magazine or website or whatever which in turn, usually help a band get exposure and help spread word of mouth amongst people in the industry which in turn, may help get your band signed and help you perhaps gain a career in music?

Oh and by the way, you have no right to go charging people money for your CDs or gigs if you they're not allowed to criticise anything you do.

You think cos you can play a few notes on a guitar then that somehow makes you a professional musician who is above any form of criticism from someone who doesn't play music for money?

At the end of the day squire, you're no different to a fucking busker playing cover songs on Union Street so dismount your high horse and get a clue before spouting off again and getting your gusset in a fucking twist.[/quote']

Such a nice guy hehe :up:

P.S please dont hate me i was only having a laugh.

Zombie Munch - the nice guy?

Nobody would ever believe that haha

Unless they meant it in a Christopher Penn/Nice Guy Eddie from Reservoir Dogs kinda way i dunno...

Come on, that dude from Open Air(which incidentally is a really awful name for a band in that it sounds like a really terrible regional cable TV news features programme that would probably cover stories about car boot sales and shortbread factories) was talking a load of buttmud.

Open Air(which incidentally is a really awful name for a band in that it sounds like a really terrible regional cable TV news features programme that would probably cover stories about car boot sales and shortbread factories) .

That's funny 'cos it's true. I haven't heard Open Air's music, but I agree with that.

So, uh... shitty band names, huh? I'm just glad my band's name is awesome and I really hope nobody challenges me by looking at what it's called...

yep...

nothing to see under my band section in my profile, especially not an ill-advised name...

That's funny 'cos it's true. I haven't heard Open Air's music' date=' but I agree with that.

So, uh... shitty band names, huh? I'm just glad my band's name is awesome and I really hope nobody challenges me by looking at what it's called...

yep...

nothing to see under my band section in my profile, especially not an ill-advised name...[/quote']

I, I, I, I, I

That's funny 'cos it's true. I haven't heard Open Air's music' date=' but I agree with that.

yep...

nothing to see under my band section in my profile, especially not an ill-advised name...[/quote']

Well, i think you should've called it "One-Legged Five-Titted Depardieu" because i think the mental image of a foppish-haired Gerard Depardieu would look funny hopping around while five sweaty breasts repeatedly wallop him in the face everytime he makes a movement towards anywhere....

And people wouldn't think you were an emo band either

I have heard Emma sing on a demo tape which she sent me many years ago when she was getting a band together. It was a good demo. I saw Emma at Drummonds tonight. Shit hot! ace voice. One minor quibble, the really high notes are a wee bit of a struggle but as I said, a minor quiblble, she has an excellent vocal range.

Mel, I havent heard you sing (heard your BF sing!, Mr Rock n Roll) but look forward to hearing you sometime :up:

I dont think anyone actually stated the Emma is the worst.

em, P.S go listen to Amerika by Rammstein, it sums up this thread! I heard it once and thought it was crap but I have now heard it like 10 times and its amazing!

Guest stuartmaxwell
I have heard Emma sing on a demo tape which she sent me many years ago when she was getting a band together. It was a good demo. I saw Emma at Drummonds tonight. Shit hot! ace voice. One minor quibble' date=' the really high notes are a wee bit of a struggle but as I said, a minor quiblble, she has an excellent vocal range.

Mel, I havent heard you sing (heard your BF sing!, Mr Rock n Roll) but look forward to hearing you sometime :up:

I dont think anyone actually stated the Emma is the worst.

em, P.S go listen to Amerika by Rammstein, it sums up this thread! I heard it once and thought it was crap but I have now heard it like 10 times and its amazing![/quote']

er i did

:p

er i did

:p

If you can't see that Emma is talented and good at what she does then that's your loss, I genuinely can't see with some of the bands etc on the scene that anyone can say that about Emma - people are entitled to their opinion but i'm confused as to why you couldn't just leave it. It does kind of seem to be a bit like just having a go at her now, you've said it, you could have left it with what Hog said, not quite sure why you had to get a dig in. Was there any need for it ? The implication by going on about it is that she's untalented, now you might think she's crap because you don't like her stuff, but I think implying she's untalented is ridiculous. The comments on here have quite upset Emma and i thought that was pretty obvious from the comments she made earlier so it would have been good for you to back off. I accepted the reasons why you didn't like her stuff and that's up to you, but i disagree and i think that now this is out of order if you know she was upset before, you could have just left it.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest stuartmaxwell
If you can't see that Emma is talented and good at what she does then that's your loss' date=' I genuinely can't see with some of the bands etc on the scene that anyone can say that about Emma - people are entitled to their opinion but i'm confused as to why you couldn't just leave it. It does kind of seem to be a bit like just having a go at her now, you've said it, you could have left it with what Hog said, not quite sure why you had to get a dig in. Was there any need for it ? The implication by going on about it is that she's untalented, now you might think she's crap because you don't like her stuff, but I think implying she's untalented is ridiculous. The comments on here have quite upset Emma and i thought that was pretty obvious from the comments she made earlier so it would have been good for you to back off. I accepted the reasons why you didn't like her stuff and that's up to you, but i disagree and i think that now this is out of order if you know she was upset before, you could have just left it.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

hog asked a question, i awnsered

we have discussed this privately and i dont feel the need to do this in public, if you have a further problem please pm me and we can discuss things without the need to show others how pedantic and childish we can be

i provide opinions, i go to a fair few gigs and i am a musician, and like a fair few others on here i tell, what i believe to be the truth-regardless of others feelings/relationships

Guest Electric Tibet

There's a nice article here about judging music. If something is bad because more people dislike it than like it, then all music must be shit.

I'm shit. You're shit. We're all shit.

:music: