aberdeen-music

The worst Aberdeen band...

Guest Sundaram

wise words stuart' date='

say i think i saw you at jo mccaffertys gig at dr drakes, and emma's in cafe drummonds.

dont suppose you fancy a date?[/quote']

i have one,m the 9th June, yes you would have seen me at both gigs, and you'll see me again at tonight Drummonds gig with Jo, run down you can make it and say hello :p

Jo's gig I would have been running around with fairy cakes and merchandise and at Emma's i was probably getting a night off ;-)

cheers

Stuart

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stuartmaxwell

what a fucking joke this has turned into

danny doubt-you are quite blatantly an idiot, you dont like me because i have slagged off your band in the past, i remember you introduced yourself to me at the fudge awards and you were fine then, what the fuckis your problem??

i would like to think i am a critic, everybody who has an opinion is a critic, original or otherwise.

emma-geez you hvae been around long enough, you should know better :p

this thread is about opinion, why be so fucking anal about being named in a thread??

Sure' date=' it's fine to counter an opinion, but reading (relatively) impartially, I can say that Emma has more than given out what she's taken in terms of 'opinion'. So it works both ways, Mel just refrained from turning 'round and saying "don't criticise me, I'm a sensitive artiste", because you know that doesn't happen in the world. What happens if Emma gets a bad review in a magazine (not saying it would happen, but it certainly could), is she (and her friends) going to write in complaining that her feelings have been hurt?

And let's face it - voices are something that are very objective things to judge, you don't like mine - fine, I'm cool with that, because it's just what you think, I don't hate you or consider your opinions any less valid, I could *see* how my voice could get that reaction from someone with your musical tastes. See what I mean. I'm not gonna try and change your opinion, so I don't see how calling Mel 'noxious' is really fair in any way....[/quote']

Ah but what are my musical tastes ;) they are wide and varied...

I do see what you're saying and completely understand it, tho Emma didn't call Mel anything and did say that she just felt a bit hurt about it. For what it's worth I've already said to Emma it's really not worth getting upset about it's not that big a deal, however the fact is she was and rightly or wrongly, sometimes people don't like it, a constructive review may be different, it can (I'd imagine) be hurtfull to be called the worst person in a scene. I think Mel probably got a lot of the reaction she got by bringing up the whole training for 6 years etc stuff, not sure why that was relevant. I haven't heard her, or met her, I won't comment on her vocal abilities one way or another. Tho I completely agree name calling won;t get anyone anywhere.

I think that it should be understood that sometimes people are rightly or wrongly upset by things, and sometimes an explanation of why you say what you do might solve that.

cheers

Stuart

Sure' date=' it's fine to counter an opinion, but reading (relatively) impartially, I can say that Emma has more than given out what she's taken in terms of 'opinion'. So it works both ways, Mel just refrained from turning 'round and saying "don't criticise me, I'm a sensitive artiste", because you know that doesn't happen in the world. What happens if Emma gets a bad review in a magazine (not saying it would happen, but it certainly could), is she (and her friends) going to write in complaining that her feelings have been hurt?

And let's face it - voices are something that are very objective things to judge, you don't like mine - fine, I'm cool with that, because it's just what you think, I don't hate you or consider your opinions any less valid, I could *see* how my voice could get that reaction from someone with your musical tastes. See what I mean. I'm not gonna try and change your opinion, so I don't see how calling Mel 'noxious' is really fair in any way....[/quote']

well if it were in a magazine it would hopefully be by a critic who is open to all types of music,

so i think in that case it would be a fair comment,

but then again no magazine print it as the 'worst singer'

because she definately is not,

i have listned to some real bad stuff ,

i would never dream of shattering someones confidence or enjoyment of there music.

its petty and spitfull,

perhaps if it had gone on a thread like 'listeners thoughts on aberdeen music'

it might have been easier to accept one persons opinion????????

No need to have a go Johnny..I haven't slagged off ur girlfriend or have any of my mates. I just stated my opinions just as she has. You guys have the right to ignore anything that people say about you but I have the right to say if I find something hurtful ,and far as I'm concerned that is all I have done. I will still give my opinion as promised on her vocals but I will wait until she does a gig, rather than an open mic...preferrably a solo gig where she writes her own material and plays her own instruments but if that isn't on the cards I'll come along to a band one. Like I said so far I have never slated another singer so she has that much going for her.

As far as I can read' date=' no one else has gotten all indignant at being called 'worse'. Get over it, it's one person's opinion. Getting onstage infront people pretty much means that they'll form opinions of what you do, and if you can't accept that some of those might be negative, then you should re-consider what you're doing. Besides, this site exists for poeple to post their opinions. Live with it, or ignore it.[/quote']

Amen that man!! The best thing said on this thread so far. It's all just someone's opinions. With a title like worst band, anyone mentioned on here is in for a slagging. Deal with it and move on. If folk can't take a slagging from a local message board they should give up. Imagine what it's gonna be like in the real world.

I hate you David St "Old Mother" Hubbardins. You look crap in a blond wig and leather. Ha ha... jokin buddy before anyone gets the wrong idea :up:

at who's expence are you getting your fun?

I don't think Mel is the kind of person who would take 'fun' from something like this.

it would be dull' date=' but then its not you having your singing criticised,

i am pretty sure the bands and singers who have there named here would much rather have it 'dull' [/quote']

I don't know if these boards couldn't get anymore dull.

What didn't you like about the dedos? And which gig of ours did you see?

Just wondering... customer feedback if you will. Be as harsh as you like' date=' I can take it.[/quote']

To be honest, for me, it just wasn't good, credible music. More like abrasive, totally uninspired nothingness. The singer also came across as a bit of an arse.

Now heres the catch, I'm pretty sure it was DosDedos that I'm talking about, but have a feeling you were down as 'my decaying leg' on the tickets. The bassist through his bass on the ground as said by someone else earlier and he also had a really shit robin hood style shirt. And you seemed pretty frustrated by the excuse for a crowd.

No offence or anything...

Guest Sundaram

Hey, you've all missed the original intention of this thread...

What would be the worst possible band ie: made up of musicians from various bands!?

A Gilman - drums

Stripey - guitar

Rass - Moog & Mellotron

Simon Gall - bum trumpet

etc

ps: note that a certain degree of humour was present in my first post!

no offence taken.

not sure about the bit about not being credible music. but the rest is probably fair enough as far as opinion goes, especially if it's the gig I think it was (supporting berkely at kef). Put it this way by the time we left the venue we'd split up.

no offence taken.

not sure about the bit about not being credible music. but the rest is probably fair enough as far as opinion goes' date=' especially if it's the gig I think it was (supporting berkely at kef). Put it this way by the time we left the venue we'd split up.[/quote']

Yeah, that was the one, a miserable wednesday night I think, too bad.

Guest stuartmaxwell

credible??pah since when was good music credible??

i thought dos dedos were alright, i always looked at them in a light way

their last show was a good night (i dont mean it like that), that was the best i had seen dos dedos and subsistence play (opinion etc...)

I can't belive nobody has mentioned them

ONION FUCKING TERROR!

Does that not tell you something???? ;)

As for my choices, fuck the lot of yous, no matter how bad a band are - if they're up there doing there own thing and enjoying it then theres not really a probl.... wait, wait.... Aurora, Jedi (shittest acronym ever), Strobing Goat and Reap have all failed to float the coconut boat.

I think Mel probably got a lot of the reaction she got by bringing up the whole training for 6 years etc stuff' date=' not sure why that was relevant. [/quote']

I think she brought that up as Emma seemed to be implying that Mel had no right to judge, because she isn't a regularly gigging singer-songwriter or whatever. Does that mean that people who PAY to see performers don't have the right to voice opinions on what they spend their money on unless they're also in the singing-songwriting game?