aberdeen-music

The worst Aberdeen band...

Guest Sundaram

Guest Scorge Spike

I don't see why negativity is a problem, perhaps only if it sprals out of control. I just reckon there's too much backslapping between 'scene' bands, and thus they react so badly to any criticism by starting a bitch fight. There's too many vain, egostacial, used tampons masquerading as music gods on this board.

Great thread this................

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stuartmaxwell
I don't see why negativity is a problem' date=' perhaps only if it sprals out of control. I just reckon there's too much backslapping between 'scene' bands, and thus they react so badly to any criticism by starting a bitch fight. There's too many vain, egostacial, used tampons masquerading as music gods on this board.

Great thread this................[/quote']

i met a lot of good people, and made some very good friends, in aberdeen through going up to them after they played and telling them i enjoyed their set,

of course there are vain ego tistical music god wannabes, its music, thats always going to be there at any level of profession, why bother about it :up:

it made britpop bands who they are today (yesterday)

:gringo:

Guest Sundaram

Tis a shame if people get hurt when someone doesn't like their music, for instance, I am a friend of Sharon's and admire the way she has quickly took to the keys, but I dislike Real Shocks music.

ELP_Love_Beach.jpg

Never in a million zillion = a few trillion years would I choose to listen to it in the comfort of my own home, no, I'd rather listen to Emerson, Laks and Palmers 'Love Beach album than put myself through that horrid experience!!!

Tis a shame if people get hurt when someone doesn't like their music' date=' for instance, I am a friend of Sharon's and admire the way she has quickly took to the keys, but I dislike Real Shocks music.

[img']http://mitkadem.homestead.com/files/ELP/ELP_Love_Beach.jpg

Never in a million zillion = a few trillion years would I choose to listen to it in the comfort of my own home, no, I'd rather listen to Emerson, Laks and Palmers 'Love Beach album than put myself through that horrid experience!!!

*takes a bow*

Indeed, though in reverse I haven't taken a stance of, "Philip doesn't like my band's music, so I don't like his"... because I recall the first time I saw Phil play I was mesmorised... and have been a huge fan of his playing since. :) I admire his talent and also like the band(s) he is/has been in.

:love:

Phil's like a big bro to me... I can only apologise for letting him be molested by Brutes X-(

Before I go on, this is not aimed at anyone directly... Just at the Aberdeen 'Scene' if you will...

... I really have to say that alot of people who post on here, who do not actually play in a band, or have any musical expeirience; Just immediatley slate the first thing they see or hear, because someone will say they dont like it, and everybody else follows suit.

This is really bad people.

But what annoys me most about all these people who post on here, slagging off other bands, with thier huge amount of knowledge on music, is that, If they think they can do any better, than why dont they go ahead and show us whats really good, and is absolutley the most kick ass thing in the 'scene'. Alot of people on here have what I like to call 'Kerrang Writers Syndrome'. Everyone has opinions, and thats ok, they are like an ass hole everyone has got one, but the thing is... is that you are all way too opinionated for your own good... No matter how much alot of you think you know about music, you have no right to slate and slag and put other bands down, if you yourself know that you could not step up to the plate and try and go one better... Your not ace music critics... Alot of you are all a lame bunch of retards, that have nothing better to do with your worthless lives than sit and slag people off and think your brilliant for it... Its pathetic...

Come on... Why put other bands on the circuit down, by having stupid posts like this... No good will ever come of these types of posts... people just get aggrevated...

So whats the point? somebody please?

:band:

Before I go on' date=' this is not aimed at anyone directly... Just at the Aberdeen 'Scene' if you will...

... I really have to say that alot of people who post on here, who do not actually play in a band, or have any musical expeirience; Just immediatley slate the first thing they see or hear, because someone will say they dont like it, and everybody else follows suit.

But what annoys me most about all these people who post on here, slagging off other bands, with thier huge amount of knowledge on music, is that, If they think they can do any better, than why dont they go ahead and show us whats really good, and is absolutley the most kick ass thing in the 'scene'. Alot of people on here have what I like to call 'Kerrang Writers Syndrome'. Everyone has opinions, and thats ok, they are like an ass hole everyone has got one, but the thing is... is that you are all way too opinionated for your own good... No matter how much alot of you think you know about music, you have no right to slate and slag and put other bands down, if you yourself know that you could not step up to the plate and try and go one better... Your not ace music critics... Alot of you are all a lame bunch of retards, that have nothing better to do with your worthless lives than sit and slag people off and think your brilliant for it... Its pathetic...

Come on... Why put other bands on the circuit down, by having stupid posts like this... No good will ever come of these types of posts... people just get aggrevated...

:band:[/quote']

I certainly prefer to hear constructive critics than, "oh that's good" from every single person I speak to.

I know if I got told by someone that my band sucks (which I have been told) that I'd try and think of ways to improve the band... that certainly in the long term is a good thing... not a bad thing.

Constant "back packing" acheives nothing in the long run.

Why tell shite bands that they're good when clearly the are shite?

i once got told by someone that part of "being a friend" is saying that something(ie. your friends band or gig) is good....whether you like it or not.

fuck that!

if my friends sugar coated their oppinions i wouldnt regard them as a friend.

how do you expect to grow as an artist if your told everything you do is good?

Before I go on' date=' this is not aimed at anyone directly... Just at the Aberdeen 'Scene' if you will...

:band:[/quote']

Yes, let's all pat everyone on the back, say "Good-oh chaps, that was splendid," all the while thinking "That was the most god-awful pish I've ever had the misfortune of hearing in my life," and then go for tea and crumpets in the garden on a nice sunny day with birds singing and butterflies fluttering.

Alternatively, you could explain what the point is in making people think they are good when they clearly aren't.

If you go to a restaurant, and the food is the most vile excuse for a meal you've ever had to eat, would you think "Oh I mustn't complain. I'm not a gourmet chef, and therefore I don't have the right to slag off this cooking"? No. You'd be pissed off and you'd make your feelings known to the chef, in the hope that it would make him try to improve.

There are two types of people required for music: those who make it, and those who listen to it. If those that make it are useless, then why should those that listen to it put up with it? Criticism is what drives bands to become better, otherwise complacency creeps in and you get lazy and pish.

(Incidently, I can and will do better than almost everyone I've ever seen in Aberdeen thus far. I'm just restricted by my lack of band members at the moment.)

If you're too stupid to understand the question that's being posed or too lazy to read it' date=' you really shouldn't take part in the thread.[/quote']

I prefer to concentrate on the bands I like - there's no one band in Aberdeen I actively dislike as far as I can think. There was another thread like this ages ago that didn't really go anywhere but petty arguing as far as I remember.

Psydoll, I hope you realise that the comment wasn't directed at you. But everyone who named a band they thought of as "worst aberdeen band" got it wrong. That's not what the thread was asking.

Psydoll' date=' I hope you realise that the comment wasn't directed at you. But everyone who named a band they thought of as "worst aberdeen band" got it wrong. That's not what the thread was asking.[/quote']

Aye, I thought it was supposed to be about who were the worst musicians in Aberdeen, hence Phillip saying "SOME of Gilman Street would have to be in it" but then everyone started just naming bands they thought were shite.

But hey, I'm all for bitchin in rock n' roll (Nicky Wire, 1993 and me, just now)

Psydoll' date=' I hope you realise that the comment wasn't directed at you. But everyone who named a band they thought of as "worst aberdeen band" got it wrong. That's not what the thread was asking.[/quote']

Oh yeah I know but my post was strange and muddled as per usual :p

I don't think that people could pick a worst Aberdeen composite band though as I can't think of anyone that I've seen in a band that was shit individually. Maybe that's just me?

dont worry folks' date=' next week there will be a new thread with the negativity, the bitching, but coming in at a different angle, probably along the lines of

who wears the worst t shirts in the aberdeen music scene

who has the shitest walk in the aberdeen music scene

who has the worst shaped ears in the scene

what did ben quik have for breakfast (camie: it WAS cornflakes, sludge: no it was coco pops, camie: nah hes too good looking for cornflakes, sludge: no he isnt he is ugly blah blah)

ah bless[/quote']

beat it maxwell. im hardly ever on here anymore and when i am its to read the petty arguments and get my semi for the day. sometimes i may even say something irrelavant or call someone ugly on the gallery. tis about it. its nae to fun being a grown up nowadays yi ken? things to do.