aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I still do that sometimes, but the newsreaders before MOTD now actually read out the scores, instead of telling you to look away. Poor show.

It's quite an art but can be done in this day and age! And when I do I like to predict the outcome and you can usually get an idea by the running order. Some games such as City v Chelsea will always get top billing regardless of result but if they show big club v straggler high up the order then you know its either plucky draw or win for straggler or big club has tanked a good few goals by them.

Glad City won last night as had they lost that reckon Utd would have wandered off with the title with ease, could be going to the wire this one! Oh dear Liverpool lost again but its ok cos King Kenneth won the league cup but they been really shit in the league this season!

This view seems to be more and more common but I genuinely pity people who think this way. I'm going to enjoy every moment I get to see him play and I'm grateful I'm able to.

and in la liga news...

IT'S ON!!

I think it's the media oversaturation more than anything else, which is the same reason why I no-longer care who the next England manager will be and why Fernando Torres doesn't score goals any more. Boring topics, don't care.

This view seems to be more and more common but I genuinely pity people who think this way. I'm going to enjoy every moment I get to see him play and I'm grateful I'm able to.

and in la liga news...

IT'S ON!!

I love watching him play, because he is just mesmerizing to watch, but I think the discussion of his ability is getting a little tedious because what more can you say? I think it has to be said though, because looking at his goals and assist stats, he just keeps getting better and better every year. 50+ goals by March in one season is just incredible. His magnetic ball control is just inhuman, and his ability to lob the keeper from such close range, which he's done twice in the last two games, is just extraordinary. I don't like Barca, but Messi is a footballing freak, alot like his more annoying, but almost equally gifted rival Cristiano. I think it's fair to say that discussing how good he is is very boring though, because it's been said to death. It should just be something that is never spoken, but everybody knows.

Confession: When I used to play PES 5, I used to bench Messi for Javier Saviola because JavSav was faster. I was told by my friends that Messi was going to be the next Maradona or something. I didn't believe them back then. And I was right. Messi is still shit, and Saviola is great.

I think it's the media oversaturation more than anything else, which is the same reason why I no-longer care who the next England manager will be and why Fernando Torres doesn't score goals any more. Boring topics, don't care.

I understand being annoyed by media over saturation on a topic but I think, like soda jerk, you should still be able to enjoy watching him play. There's always going to be articles when he breaks another record or whatever but you could just not read them.

Messi discussion doesn't annoy me but what does is Messi v Ronaldo discussion. It always seems to descend into people talking about the player they think is second best in the world as if they're a shit, talentless bum. Enjoy watching both of them.

Messi discussion doesn't annoy me but what does is Messi v Ronaldo discussion. It always seems to descend into people talking about the player they think is second best in the world as if they're a shit, talentless bum. Enjoy watching both of them.

I agree with that. I hate comparing players in general really, unless it is comparing their likeness (to an extent), rather than squaring them off as who is better. I probably enjoy watching Ronaldo more because I like him more, and he's such a horrible cunt. I like his strops, and how he simply doesn't ever defend. Whether's he's better than Messi or not, I believe he's the best striker of the ball in world football. Fuck bending free kicks around the wall. Just smash it. Even if it goes to the side the goalkeeper is stood he's still not saving it.

Foot like a traction engine.

32 sounds young but he'll have scored about another billion goals by then.

Could you imagine if these guys did a giggs and just kept playing near their top level forever. Messi would have broken so many records that even Zlatan would admit he's not the only good footballer on the planet. Still no 1 but he'll accept Leo as a good second.

Just wonder how they'll adapt their game when they get older. Ronaldo especially, as he is very relaint on his burst of pace and acceleration. That won't last forever, but I'm sure he'll still be able to smash the ball in from anywhere. Messi might just do what Le Tissier did and still dance his way through players even though he was pretty slow.

32 is young, though cantona retired at 30, but that was because of his disilluion with football, and not to solely go into films. Though he still did go into films. and now he's the head honcho at the NY Cosmos. That football team that have no league, players or stadium. What a job. I could fucking do that!

I could see Messi's number of assists going up as his goals decrease. His close control and passing mean he could probably play until he's 50. Or 80 if he moves to the SPL.

Ronaldo could just stop running, stay around 25 - 30 yards from goal and when the ball comes to him give it a whack. He'd still be one of the top scorers around.

Cantona was only 30? Did not realise that? He could have signed for Milan and played for ages more and won loads of trophies.

It was brought up on Football Weekly but did you know Andrea Pirlo is only 32? I'm sure he's been over 30 for at least 8 years.

Crazy. I thought he was on the cuff of his career. Roy Keane is only 40, which is mental considering he only started managing about 6 years ago at age 34. Think he had shite knees though.

Guest Gladstone
Crazy. I thought he was on the cuff of his career. Roy Keane is only 40, which is mental considering he only started managing about 6 years ago at age 34. Think he had shite knees though.

It was shite hips that finished Keane.