aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

How?

Basically what Murrr said.

I hate Rangers, don't get me wrong. But I think that taking out one of the two major teams in a league can only be trouble. Rangers have a massive fanbase and we would pretty much lose their (the fans') financial and even moral contribution to the league, as "scummy" as they are.

I hope the points you raise come true but I cant see TV rights even existing for games not involving Celtic. Right now (barring BBC Alba) they seem to be fairly reluctant to show the smaller games.

I'm sure there are some rich enough Rangers fans to make an "AFC Rangers" work. Or at least richer than those that made Gretna 2008.

I suspect that this has been Craig Whyte's intention all along. Take on the club for £1 and transfer the £18million debt into one of his other companies. Then he's borrowed £20 million odd against season ticket sales to go on top of the £45 million from HMRC. Rather than deal with all that in a slow, long process which sees the huns actually pay their creditors he'll just plunge the club into administration and as the owner and one of the main creditors take the option to transfer the assets into a new company. Leaves HMRC, season ticket holders and all the other creditors (inc. other SPL and league clubs) swinging but the club will still exist with the stadium and training facilities that he can then sell on to another owner.

Not sure what happens to the £18 million in debt but then if he used the ticket us loan to pay for that I don't suppose he cares. The company it's transferred to will probably be folded as well.

Rangers will still exist but in the process they will fuck over a large number of clubs, the taxpayer and their fans.

I also read that even if they went down the route Chris is talking about, the land Murray Park is on cannot be used for houses, so the value of the land is quite low, and part of Ibrox is a listed building, so they cannot sell off the stadium for re-development. I do think Chris has it spot on, he will transfer all the assets of Rangers to a new company AFC Rangers or something and basically shaft everyone out of their money. What happens in terms of the SPL im not sure tho, i highly doubt we have seen the last of Rangers as we know them in the long run, but will they ever get back to the level they have been at?

HMRC are trying to force Rangers into Administration - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17026172

Interesting. Is there any way that if HMRC force the club into administration now they will get preferred creditor status instead of Whyte? As far as I understand it his secured £18 million trumps the unsecured debt of everyone else, including HMRC.

If HMRC are able to take control of the club's future I'm not sure what that would mean for the long term survival of it.

There must be something the tax man can do to secure some kind of money back but im no expert in that side of things.

I did read another conspiracy theory that this has been set up by Murray, Whyte is nothing more than a face for all the bad publicity, when the shit really hits the fan Murray will come and buy the club back, bad mouth all Whyte has done, and been seen as the saviour, but i find it all a bit far fetched really, plus surely there would be questions Murray would have to answer if that did happen.

There must be something the tax man can do to secure some kind of money back but im no expert in that side of things.

I did read another conspiracy theory that this has been set up by Murray, Whyte is nothing more than a face for all the bad publicity, when the shit really hits the fan Murray will come and buy the club back, bad mouth all Whyte has done, and been seen as the saviour, but i find it all a bit far fetched really, plus surely there would be questions Murray would have to answer if that did happen.

Murray could come back under the terms of the sale, but it would be a long hard process.

When asked for his opinion on how the club's predicament would affect Murray's legacy, Johnston replied: "It is seriously jeopardised, for sure."

But he revealed that under the terms of the sale of the club to Whyte, the steel magnate could, theoretically, return as club owner.

"One of the avenues that could be pursued - and I wouldn't suggest it with any degree of confidence because it will take substantive effort and money - is that, in the terms of the sales purchase agreement (SPA), the only outside entity that actually has a right of recourse if Mr Whyte defaulted on any of his commitments, is Murray.

"That won't be easy because the language [of the agreement] is a little fluid and flexible.

"But there is a suggestion that a lot of things could be unwound if Murray International chose to look at the SPA, take some action and and see how far they went.

"If David were to do that, I think it would help the perception of his legacy.

"In practice, it would be a long struggle.

"Keep in mind, there is no appetite from David to do this and, given his destiny over his wealth is still under the strong jurisdiction of Lloyds Bank, I can't imagine Lloyds saying, 'David, we'll allow you to get Rangers back'."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17020490

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17025344

How deadly would Spurs be with a midfield of Parker, Bale, Modric, Van Der Vaart and Eden Hazard? Pace to burn and a fair amount of skill too. Just hope they actually remember to defend. If they manage to buy Hazard and Adebayor they could really do well next season if they can keep their defence fit. Full backs are arguably their biggest weakness but with that much attacking talent they could just use the old Real Madrid policy of concede loads but just make sure to score one more.

I was reading one of the Tottenham boards, since the papers seem to think that Hazard to Spurs will mean Modric to United. I doubt United will pay the ridiculous money Levy will demand for Modric, but that little merry-go-round started up some debate that Modric will never go to United and play alongside a Serbian (Vidic). I thought that was a little odd, since Modric made it clear he was interested in going to Chelsea, and he's probably aware Branislav Ivanovic wasn't born in Notting Hill. I think Modric also probably knows the separation of Yugoslavia wasn't the fault of the Vidic family. Football fans say the darndest things.

• Upvote 1