aberdeen-music

Has there ever been a better TV performance than this?

Paranoid Android

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That really was something. Love it when he completely gives up on the guitar and just starts bashing a tambourine.

Weirdest live band I've ever seen. They go absolutely apeshit on stage, but demand the audience don't move. Not even a bit of swaying. Just stand perfectly still. He threatens to leave if anyone moves. If someone crowdsurfed, he'd probably napalm the city and its surrounding areas. Rage!

Summer 2006 we got chatting to this old dude who was supporting us in a little pub in Inverness, then met up with him again a week later at Belladrum. Six months later he was doing this -

Still the only episode of Jools Holland I've watched in full. That really was quite a performance.

Para, I really love TV on the Radio and I love Wolf Like Me but what marks that out to you as such a great performance? Not challenging you, ahah, just wondering why that stood out

This is a brilliant performance in every sense. The song, the interview, Tom Waits so drunk he is clearly minutes away from passing out. Also features future stars of 'Anchorman'

"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy"

I'm not really sure why, it's just always stood out to me. Part of it is obviously that it's a song I really like but also I think it just has something more to it than the standard tv performance which can often be a little stale (although this thread shows many great exceptions). In that video they come across as if it was one of their first chances to show a large audience what they could do and they just went for it.

Onto another a video. It's been posted and talked about here already but to me it fits perfectly with the topic of great tv performances. YouTube - Odd Future on Jimmy Fallon - Sandwiches (Tyler The Creator And Hodgy Beats)

I liked this performance of '..Teen Spirit' on The Word, especially the bit where Krist's bass cable comes unplugged and when Kurt ad-lib's 'Roger Taylor' repeatedly at the end, presumably as a piss-take of host Amanda De Cadenet who was with John Taylor of Duran Duran, Kurt just picked the wrong Taylor, bless him...

YouTube - Nirvana Smells like teen spirit (live from The word) 1991

That really was something. Love it when he completely gives up on the guitar and just starts bashing a tambourine.

Weirdest live band I've ever seen. They go absolutely apeshit on stage, but demand the audience don't move. Not even a bit of swaying. Just stand perfectly still. He threatens to leave if anyone moves. If someone crowdsurfed, he'd probably napalm the city and its surrounding areas. Rage!

Yeh, never actually got to see them live but a mate of mine was obsessed with them and went to see them and they started that shit, he is still furious to this day and will not allow them audible in his presence hahaha...and Mars Volta!!!???? dont even mention Mars Volta!! thats fighting talk!! :p